Kimbo on Dada 5000 beef: I've been waiting to 'beat this motherf-----'s ass'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Don't expect Kimbo Slice, the mixed martial artist who has humbly worked on his craft at American Top Team, to show up for his Bellator 149 fight.

Expect, instead, a return to his street fighting roots when Slice meets Dhafir Harris, a.k.a. Dada 5000, at Houston's Toyota Center on Feb. 19.

"I am going to f--- this n------ up," a fired-up Slice told MMAFighting.com on Wednesday. "Don't get me wrong, I'm open to all possibilities in an MMA fight including submissions and anything else that comes up. But the true fight fans appreciate a real fight, and this is two n------ from the same neighborhood who have a beef to settle. I'm going to knock his ass out and he's going to wake up and not know what hit him."

While many fans may have responded with a "who?" when Dada 5000 was announced as his opponent Friday, Slice is ready to fill in the details, saying he was a hanger-on with his crew who's been using his brief brush with Kimbo to get his 15 minutes of fame.

"This is a guy who, when I was making my transition from YouTube to MMA, and I was fighting Ray Mercer on pay-per-view, this was a guy from our neighborhood who we knew," the Miami native said. "And we brought him in as sort of a bodyguard for that event, and he was around for a little while. He was never a part of our inner circle."

"I've been waiting for years to beat this motherf------'s ass," Slice said. "This one is about going back to my roots. People can relate to that."

LINK: Kimbo Slice on Dada 5000 beef: I've been waiting to 'beat this motherf-----'s ass' - MMA Fighting

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
They will be gassed by the end of rd 1 if it manages to go that long.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think Kimbo is great and I wish him nothing but the best in this fight. He has handled his business with class from day one, and I've liked him ever since I saw him in an interview on the Triumph United website when they were presenting him with his new shorts before his first fight in Strikeforce. After watching his youtube backyard battles for over a year it was quite a surprise when I heard the man speak for the first time and I got to see how humble and good natured he was. I've pulled for him ever since.

I was sitting about ten rows from the cage in Montreal looking Meathead directly in the eye before the opening bell in his fight against Kimbo (he was not looking back into my eyes however), and the look of maniacal glee he had on his face told me that Kimbo might be in for a rough night, and his poor knee certainly was. That was tough to watch, but an entertaining fight none the less.

Anyways, fuck this Dada guy..........something about him in the documentary I watched just seemed off. A bit of a phony fucker in my gut feeling. I'll be pulling for Kimbo all night long.........gassed or not, it will be fun to watch these two bang bro!

Obi-Wan-In-A-Million

I'm the Wan you've been looking for.
Oct 29, 2015
I love how Scott Coker keeps the "freak show fight" aspect of the old days alive. This is fight and Gracie vs. Shamrock fight have appealed to a part of my MMA fanhood that I thought would never surface again. The UFC is great to watch for the competition and skill aspects, but damn it, I love fun fights like these.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
Unless they gas, it should be a fun spectacle.

Dada's tough, but slow. I say Kimbo KO's him.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Unless they gas, it should be a fun spectacle.

Dada's tough, but slow. I say Kimbo KO's him.
Agree. I think it lasts less than 75 seconds and Dada gets highlight reeled. If it goes past 2 minutes, it could get UGLY.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
A quick KO by Kimbo. We all know Kimbo sucks but at least he's been in there with legit fighters. Cant say the same about this dada guy

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yeah. Notice Kimbo doesn't even explain why they have beef.
I'm pretty sure they delve into it in the Dada documentary on Netflix. I can't recall, but I know when I watched it I had no reason to question it. Seemed legit enough..........sometimes shit just goes down in the hood. They went from working together to no longer working together, and jealousy may have played a part or something. Bad blood can form easily over silly shit!

Last edited:

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
I think this is going the wrong way for bellator.
Unless it's on the prelims.
Kimbo is someone proven to be average at best, unentertaining, little grappling technique and even less stamina.
And who the hell is this Dada5000? Is he a pro wrestler or is that his screen name? Like MelE5150?
People were bagging out the low skill level of the kimbo/ken fight for months. Hell, 80% of spectators (rogan included) thought it was so bad it had to be fake.