Kimbo Slice Says He’s Going To Break Ken Shamrock’s Jaw And Retire Him

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Kimbo Slice made it clear that he plans to retire UFC Hall Of Famer Ken Shamrockwhen the two meet inside the Bellator cage next Friday night in St. Louis, Missouri.

Slice, who was originally scheduled to meet Shamrock in the now defunct EliteXC promotion back in 2008 when an accidental cut to Shamrock forced the fight to be canceled on the day of the show.

On the latest edition of the “Ross Report” podcast with WWE Hall Of Fame announcer and one-time MMA announcer Jim Ross, Kimbo spoke about the upcoming Bellator 138 main event fight.

“Shamrock is still a threat to me,” said Slice. “He’s still considered deadly and dangerous to break limbs and submit somebody. I’m just not that motherf***er he’s going to submit. I’m just not that guy he’s going to tap out. It’s not going to happen with me. It’s in my DNA to beat his ass.

“I’ve worked my mind and my body to train for this fight with Shamrock. From back in the day, from many years ago we trained for this fight. This fight isn’t going to go the distance.”

Although he was incorrect with the age of every example he gave, Kimbo pointed out that he is not underestimating Shamrock because of his age (51).

“A lot of people … not a lot of people, actually, just a select few normally just talk about the age as if it’s a f***ing factor and it’s not,” said Slice. “Bernard Hopkins is the man at 52 years old [actually 50]. The head coach at American Top Top, Ricardo Liborio, he’s over 50 [actually 47] and can f***ing can anybody. Even these prize fighters that fight for the UFC and like myself in Bellator, he can’t be touched.

“Royce Gracie, over 50 [48], a f***ing threat, still. Mike Tyson, 50 [48], a threat. So don’t underestimate a guy because of that. You’re still as strong as you were when you’re in your thirties, you’re just a couple years wiser, a couple years older. That doesn’t change s**t.”

Kimbo then went into details on how he envisions the fight playing out next Friday.

“Ken is going to try this s**t,” said Slice. “We know he is. I’m expecting him to. I want him to. I’m daring him to. I’m almost double dog daring this guy to try to do a takedown or shoot in. What could he do to get me to the ground that I am not prepared for? I’m almost anticipating the takedowns. Because of that, I’m going to impose my will and break his jaw in the first round.”

LINK: Kimbo Slice Says He's Going To Break Ken Shamrock's Jaw And Retire Him

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
its about time that the mma media paid some attention to what is going on with bellator. this fight has people talking. they are giving this much more press than tito vs bonnar .its too bad rampage jumped ship back to the ufc .he could have been right in the mix. kimbo vs rampage would have been huge. you just know page will be bitching when the reebok deal kicks in and the grass will be greener on the other side again.there have been so many good fights and fighters with bellator over the years and it took scott coker and kimbo/shamrock to start getting respect from the mma media

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
its about time that the mma media paid some attention to what is going on with bellator. this fight has people talking. they are giving this much more press than tito vs bonnar .its too bad rampage jumped ship back to the ufc .he could have been right in the mix. kimbo vs rampage would have been huge. you just know page will be bitching when the reebok deal kicks in and the grass will be greener on the other side again.there have been so many good fights and fighters with bellator over the years and it took scott coker and kimbo/shamrock to start getting respect from the mma media
Coker said ticket sales have blown expectations away too. This is a BIG event for Bellator. If Kimbo & Shamrock don't embarrass themselves and the promotion, this could be the turning point for Coker & Co. I hope it blows the roof off the arena.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I was really pumped for this fight the first time it was supposed to happen. I'll be tuning in.

Nothing against Ken, he's a legend and everything...but he just seems like a perpetually miserable person. No sense of humor at all and not much respect for basically anyone who didn't fight in UFC 1. Not the kind of guy I would want to hang around, that's for sure.

I gotta give him credit though, he's still truckin along!

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I bet the sound of his body crunching and crackling when he gets out of bed in the morning is something to behold!

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I hope so. I would love to see Rampage go on another bitch crying fest that would just be the icing on the cake to his embarrassing end of his career.

This guy went from pretty much all of our top fav guys in mma to a joke

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
I'm sure this is a big event for Bellator. I hope it does good but at the same time I want Bellator to eventually not have to rely on these freak show fights to make money.

My prediction: Shamrock is going to get brutalized. He's going to get hit a few times and immediately look for the take down but he won't get it and then it's going to be him getting hit and turtling up. Prime Shamrock beats Kimbo in under a minute.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm sure this is a big event for Bellator. I hope it does good but at the same time I want Bellator to eventually not have to rely on these freak show fights to make money.
They'll get there. Coker's doing what he's gotta do right now, to get eyes on his product, and generate some revenue so he can go after some free agents & continue signing guys like Pico & Ruth. He's building it and if Strikeforce is any proof of what he's capable of, I think Bellator is a sleeping giant.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
Kimbo's probably right. Fighting is a young man's game and 51 year olds aren't young.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015

My prediction: Shamrock is going to get brutalized. He's going to get hit a few times and immediately look for the take down but he won't get it and then it's going to be him getting hit and turtling up. Prime Shamrock beats Kimbo in under a minute.
It's so easy to envision Shamrock getting brutalized by a rival, he's had it happen multiple times.

I don't think prime Shamrock could do work to Kimbo in under 60 seconds though. I think he'd win, but he'd have to get cracked in the face a few times before he got him down and subbed him.

As for Bellator's freak show fights, this is the ticket if you want to compete with the UFC in the early going. You have to give the marketplace something it lacks and one thing fans still crave is seeing their heroes from the past fight. I cannot see ANY promotion trying to go toe-to-toe with the UFC in terms of providing a roster of lesser-known, yet highly ranked fighters, because they can't attract those fighters yet. Everyone wants to be in the UFC. When some big UFC names start switching over to Bellator, that will decrease the reliance on freakshows, but that won't happen until Bellator starts outbidding Zuffa for the talent and establishing an awareness of their brand, which they lack severely among mainstream sports fans.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
I got credentialed for this fight & have to pretend not to geek tf out. The Shamrock interview and Patricio interview should be worth a stone face.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I got credentialed for this fight & have to pretend not to geek tf out. The Shamrock interview and Patricio interview should be worth a stone face.
Congrats! Should be an awesome experience.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Coker said ticket sales have blown expectations away too. This is a BIG event for Bellator. If Kimbo & Shamrock don't embarrass themselves and the promotion, this could be the turning point for Coker & Co. I hope it blows the roof off the arena.
They were priced at $30 tho. The other Midwest cards go for cage side at $45