'King Mo' hopes Bellator 'makes a move' for Aljamain Sterling

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Muhammed Lawal was in the locker room at UFC Fight Night 80 earlier this month with teammate Antonio Carlos Junior. "King Mo" had heard about rising prospect Aljamain Sterling, but that was the first time the two met.

Lawal asked Sterling if he was the co-main event of the card. Sterling told him he was on the prelims. "Mo" was floored and, later, pretty captivated by Sterling's performance in a second-round submission win over Johnny Eduardo.

"It wasn't even a close fight," Lawal told MMA Fighting. "When I watched the fight, Sterling was fighting in like the first gear. He wasn't even fighting hard. He was out there like ho humming, playing. Then when he hit the dab, I was kind of impressed. He's got a big personality. He's got energy. I don't see why they don't push him."

The undefeated Sterling (12-0) has emerged as one of the best bantamweights in the world. And now he's a free agent. Sterling's manager Malki Kawa told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani after UFC on FOX 17 that Sterling is free to seek offers from other organizations, though the UFC has the right to match.

"I can listen to this dude do interviews all day," Lawal said. "He's slick. I just hope Bellator makes a move for him. If they do, I hope it's a good amount, so if the UFC matches it or pays more he can get more money. I want him to get paid."

LINK: 'King Mo' hopes Bellator 'makes a move' for UFC free agent Aljamain Sterling

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Mo (dunno him) has always seemed to me to be a smart f'ing guy with clear eyes/mind. If he wants this guy, he probably has an edge at a given weight. No opinion personally, haven't had a good look at AljS, but if Mo wants to fight this guy he probably has a size & wresting advantage? Just a dumb, ignorant guess.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Mo (dunno him) has always seemed to me to be a smart f'ing guy with clear eyes/mind. If he wants this guy, he probably has an edge at a given weight. No opinion personally, haven't had a good look at AljS, but if Mo wants to fight this guy he probably has a size & wresting advantage? Just a dumb, ignorant guess.
There is a c.80 lbs difference? Unless I'm reading this wrong?

LurkenLikaGherkin

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Whoa. Drinking post-day wine. Totally misread this. Would delete my posts in the interest of not confusing others, but won't, in the interest of allowing consequences where consequences are due. LOL Could not have misread more completely.

Last edited: