King Mo Injured. Phil Davis in against Bader @180

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Wait, why am I confused?

Wouldn't the champion usually be waiting for a replacement?

Not the champion as a late replacement?

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Mo is probably fine but they needed two ex UFC guys to main event for ratings.

Sucks for Bader

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
Wait, why am I confused?

Wouldn't the champion usually be waiting for a replacement?

Not the champion as a late replacement?
I know Coker didn't want 3 title fights on the card but the fight does make sense. It's going to be a terrible fight most likely but it's logical and adds to their ability to promote the card as the biggest card in Bellator history.

But to answer you... Yes. This is backwards as hell from standard practices and yet here we are.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
But to answer you... Yes. This is backwards as hell from standard practices and yet here we are.
Davis could've declined and headlined his own show later, but this is their biggest card of the year. Of course he'd want to be apart of it.

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
Davis could've declined and headlined his own show later, but this is their biggest card of the year. Of course he'd want to be apart of it.
If he can be ready there's really no reason not to take the fight especially since in this case he's still going to be headlining on Spike. Headlining on Spike on your own card vs. headlining the Spike portion of the biggest event that Bellator will do this year and get to fight in MSG and avenge a loss? Yeah.. There's no downside at all assuming he's ready.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Coker tends to do the unconventional. Might as well stack the shit of this card and see how it goes.

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Considering how much the Gods of MMA respect comedy, I fully expect this match to defy every expectation and be a total barnburner.