King Mo planning on adding 185 pounds to his rotation in 2016

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed Lawal will take part in next week’s Rizin Fighting Federation heavyweight tournament, but don’t think that’s an indication of his future intentions. In fact, he plans on going in the opposite direction.

“I think you might see a new weight class – a new addition to the moneyweight – not just 205 and heavyweight, but 185, as well,” Lawal told MMAjunkie.

Lawal (16-4 MMA, 8-3 BMMA) meets England’s Brett McDermott (5-2) in the opening round of the Rizin tourney, which takes place on Dec. 29 and Dec. 31 at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, and airs in North America on Spike.

Lawal hopes to make a splash in the eight-man bracket, but the event will likely just be a one-off, and Bellator will continue to serve as his primary employer.

LINK: 'Moneyweight' Muhammed Lawal planning on adding 185 pounds to his rotation in 2016

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Man, I dont see how Tito can make 185. Dude is massive. Shit, I always wondered how he made 205!
He just needs to cut some of the weight he carries in that giant cranium. Go from a bobble head to a normal sized head (and let that crack in his skull heal) and he'll be alright :)

aghof

an person
Apr 15, 2015
not too impressive when you consider that teamquestnorth adds 200+ lbs to his rotation on a weekly basis