King Mo retiring from MMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

It appears that April’s RIZIN.15 event may have been the last time fight fans got to see former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammad ‘King Mo’ Lawal compete in mixed martial arts. The 2013 Bellator light heavyweight tournament winner and 2015 RIZIN heavyweight Grand Prix champion’s retirement was announced in a brief statement from American Top Team, on Instagram.

Closes out his MMA career with a record of 21-9.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Makes sense. After that staph i fection he was never the same. He can leave hopefully with no brain damage and have a successful post fight career.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
King was arrogant as hell but entertaining as well....great fighter, his beef with Rampage was entertaining - outstanding wrestler, overall pretty good career - he didn’t back down from fighting top talent so I give him much respect for having that Bushido Spirit.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
no shit true story . i was the only guy at my job who watched mma. never had anyone to talk mma with. we get this new kid (bosses lazy son) and he is a mma fan. i strike up a convo with this guy and steer it toward mma. turns out he is a huge fan. right on. i finally have someone to bullshit with right? the kids favorite fighter were king mo and clay guida .friendship off.it was at this moment that i realized i didnt like little bobby. who the fuck watches mma and their favorite guys lay on top of other dudes and do no damage?it is like fighting without the actual fighting part.easily one of the biggest idiots i have ever met in my life. guaranteed bobby is like 30 and still living in his parents pool house right now.

king mo on the other hand , i was never a fan of his in strikeforce or bellator. he talked mad shit and then got beat up or if he did get a win it was because he took guys down and just held them there. why talk shit like you are a bad motherfucker if you dont fight like one. BUT when mo went to RIZIN he was obviously on the mexican supplements and he wrecked shop for a bit. he won the heavy weight grand prix in 2015 . he was knocking guys out .he was like a different fighter. still not a fan but he did shine for a brief moment of time. one of my favorite rizin hightlights was king mo vs crocop in the next grand prix . crocop went on to smash baruto and amir aliakbari that night to win the grand prix

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I enjoyed Mo. He never backed down from a challenge. I wish the Rampage fight would've happened years earlier when their beef first started. I always thought Mo would make it to the UFC though. I wonder if he is satisfied with his career or considers it a let down. He seems really competitive. I assume he will either fight again or at least do some grappling tournaments.