Knee x ray

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

easedel

Jan 18, 2015
kneexray.png Had to get a knee xray before insurance will allow for an MRI ( which my doctor wants done ).
Anything look out the ordinary?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluesville

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Left pic looks like you've got a camel in your knee.

Other than that, looks ok.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Looks like you could up your squats and leg extensions as well, not enough girth IMO. The legs looks well shaven though, I like that.

easedel

Jan 18, 2015
2 things stand out to me.
1.In the left pic, in the center of my knee where the cartlidge would be, there seems like a that group of jagged looking bone shouldn't look like that.
2. In the right pic, if you look on the left of the pic ( behind my knee ) you can see what looks like just a piece of bone floating there...any idea? I do have issues back there too.

As for the squats. I am unable to do them because of this knee.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I am on mobile right now. Give me just a little bit and I will read this... For teaching purposes and information only. Not medical advice! This should always be read by a radiologist to and nothing I post on here should ever be taken as medical guidance

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Alright, so lets learn how to read a knee xray and then talk about it:

kneexray.png

A - femur
B - outline of patella/patella (kneecap)
C - medial condyle
D - lateral condyle
E - medial plateau
F - lateral plateau
G - Tibia
H - Fibula
I - fabella

So how to read?
Glance at it. With time, the general shape of common anatomatical structures like bowel or joints 'looks normal'. Outcome? Generally normal knee.
The start working through in a systematic order to examine detail. You can see the quad muscles on either side of the femur. They are largely in place without significant distorition. Patella is in place Joint spacing between patella, femar, tibia, fibular are all intact and largely symmetric. Going back over same anatomy, bones are intact without obvious fracture. Going back again along edges, all intact without obvious fracture.
Outcome? Normal xray.

2 things stand out to me.
1.In the left pic, in the center of my knee where the cartlidge would be, there seems like a that group of jagged looking bone shouldn't look like that.
2. In the right pic, if you look on the left of the pic ( behind my knee ) you can see what looks like just a piece of bone floating there...any idea? I do have issues back there too.
1> Tibial spines. It;s normal. Your femur rests in the plateaus of the tibia
2> Fabella. Normal sesimoid bone.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm actually getting a arthroscopie on my right knee this thursday, had an Xray and MRI they couldnt find shit.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm actually getting a arthroscopie on my right knee this thursday, had an Xray and MRI they couldnt find shit.
Pain?

Small meniscus tear maybe. If they see it, they'll clean it up. Maybe less pain now and maybe more arthritis later...that you might get anyways

easedel

Jan 18, 2015
Thanks Splinty. I didn't expect anything to show up on the Xray. Had to get it for insurance reasons before they will allow for an MRI. I am surprised that no wear shown up on some of the bones because I been dealing with some immense grinding in one spot ( C and E ). Was last told I had chondromalacia patella and some deformity was seen in my last MRI ( 4 years ago )

Last edited:

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So i had my arthroscopy today, they made three little cuts went in with a camera, fluid and a some other thing( probably a laser, i was still high off the anaesthesia don't know for sure) that can burn of excess tissue.
So i had some kind of tissue in there that was popping my knee out and they burned it off they told me the knee itself looked very good and there was no other problem with it.
The doctor told me that after the swelling goes down, i should be ok and it would stop locking on me.

I'm on crutches for next two weeks probably and my knee is very swollen and hurts like hell, i can't stand on it yet.
I thought i would be up and about in few hours, no such luck.