Kodi

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I've been using kodi for a while mostly as solution for a second tv, and i'm looking in to IPTV myself, been fooling around with it now and then.
I don't know if i can help but willing to try.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yes..... Yes it is indeed
I'm watching discovery Channel in HD right now

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I've known about it but had no use for it till now. I have a fire TV in my bedroom with Netflix, plex, and prime TV. In my living room I have an htpc, plex home theater, Netflix, Kodi and now these adding, browser. It's a sweet set up.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I've known about it but had no use for it till now. I have a fire TV in my bedroom with Netflix, plex, and prime TV. In my living room I have an htpc, plex home theater, Netflix, Kodi and now these adding, browser. It's a sweet set up.
It is indeed a sweet setup,
I'm actually looking for a TV that runs Android as a UI and has the hardware to run kodi still searching unfortunally

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It is indeed a sweet setup,
I'm actually looking for a TV that runs Android as a UI and has the hardware to run kodi still searching unfortunally
Man, I gotta say, I'm like the htpc much better than the streaming devices I've used.

Plus for Xmas I'm going to buy myself a gtx 980, larger psu, and a 500gb ssd for gaming on my htpc muahahhahahahaha

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Man, I gotta say, I'm like the htpc much better than the streaming devices I've used.

Plus for Xmas I'm going to buy myself a gtx 980, larger psu, and a 500gb ssd for gaming on my htpc muahahhahahahaha
Lol the HTPC cases are just to big for my liking for in my livingroom, but it's still the best solution so maybe i should just go for it.

Well looked that card up thats an expensive gift you giving yourself, i'm not that big on gaming still stuck with the PS3

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lol the HTPC cases are just to big for my liking for in my livingroom, but it's still the best solution so maybe i should just go for it.

Well looked that card up thats an expensive gift you giving yourself, i'm not that big on gaming still stuck with the PS3
Yeah it's pretty bad ass, should drop in price a bit by then

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I tried it on my tablet but it's got quite a steep learning curve IMHO and the repositories kept dying

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I tried it on my tablet but it's got quite a steep learning curve IMHO and the repositories kept dying
The vdub one has been pretty consistent for awhile, I played w it about a year ago and it looks to have even more

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Let's talk it, if you aren't using it look into it because once you get familiar with it you will be sending me your panties thanking me.

I'm casting to chromecast from a tablet, not the best way but it works. I've also got a raspberry pi2 which baisedly I would say is the best way to have kodi.

Kodi=free, free= my favourite four letter F word

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
These tend to be nice go to for someone that doesn't already have an HTPC

View: http://www.amazon.com/Matricom-G-Box-Quad-Octo-Android/dp/B00QHLSKOE

Need a keyboard remote for it

View: http://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Keyboard-Raspberry-i8/dp/B00Z81U3YY/ref=pd_bxgy_504_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0X3MHZ349YYV5Y582SD3

Downside is there is just a little lag. Click play and then things start a second or three later. Not terrible.
Remote is cheap and recharges via USB (from TV) but loses some range as battery is running down.

Overall, 150 bucks to get a full kodi setup that can handle 1080p.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

View: http://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Keyboard-Raspberry-i8/dp/B00Z81U3YY/ref=pd_bxgy_504_img_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0X3MHZ349YYV5Y582SD3

Downside is there is just a little lag. Click play and then things start a second or three later. Not terrible.
Remote is cheap and recharges via USB (from TV) but loses some range as battery is running down.

Yes, I bought 10 pi's and loaded them with kodi for gifts to give to family I ended up selling 6 of them to friends and they love it.

It doesn't really matter what platform you prefer as long as you saving that money

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I have it loaded on my amazon fire stick.. but I cant load any content.
If you have a chance to do a fresh start do it up... Update everything and just install Phoenix, I'll post how to in just a few minutes.

Also easy addons installer and maintenance tool, I'll go over how to install those in just a few I'm cooking lunch for the kids right meow.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

This is what I have. Best $150 I ever spent. Liked it so much that i got one for my sister and another for my best friend for christmas.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
do these get caught as easy as torrents by feds or is this safer I quit torrenting after pirate bay went down.