Kurt Angle open to fights w/ Kimbo, Royce, Shamrock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=wFwDF3T7WGc

Angle joined The Roman Show on Tuesday and entertained the idea of fighting the likes of Kimbo Slice and Royce Gracie.

"Of course, I'm not going to fight a guy in their prime," Angle said ... "It's obviously gonna be one of the older guys. But if it does come to fruition, it'll be a helluva fight, whether its Kimbo Slice, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn ... or even Royce Gracie. If I do decide [to fight], it'll be with a Hall of Famer ... it won't be someone in their prime in their early 30s, no way, not now."

It's not the first time the TNA wrestler has flirted with mixed martial arts; in an interview with Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour last year, Angle revealed that he had discussed a potential signing with the UFC and other promotions.

"I've had meetings with them all in MMA, World Series, Elite XC, twice with UFC," Angle said. "Whether it was the money or the timing wasn't right, it didn't happen. I considered going until I turned 42."

LINK: Kurt Angle teases at fight with Kimbo Silce and other MMA legends

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=wFwDF3T7WGc

Angle joined The Roman Show on Tuesday and entertained the idea of fighting the likes of Kimbo Slice and Royce Gracie.

"Of course, I'm not going to fight a guy in their prime," Angle said ... "It's obviously gonna be one of the older guys. But if it does come to fruition, it'll be a helluva fight, whether its Kimbo Slice, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn ... or even Royce Gracie. If I do decide [to fight], it'll be with a Hall of Famer ... it won't be someone in their prime in their early 30s, no way, not now."

It's not the first time the TNA wrestler has flirted with mixed martial arts; in an interview with Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour last year, Angle revealed that he had discussed a potential signing with the UFC and other promotions.

"I've had meetings with them all in MMA, World Series, Elite XC, twice with UFC," Angle said. "Whether it was the money or the timing wasn't right, it didn't happen. I considered going until I turned 42."

LINK: Kurt Angle teases at fight with Kimbo Silce and other MMA legends
Dammit! I would totally watch any of those match ups.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
It would be great to see, because Angle is a legend, but from what I have heard his neck is destroyed to the point where he shouldn't even be wrestling, let alone get in a cage fight. I hope it happens if he is healthy enough, but if he is not I hope someone talks him out of it.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Miletich Vs Angle would do NUMBERS..fk it, Bellator needs an official Masters Division..

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
could he even get a license for a real fight? He could've probably been a champion level MMA fighter 10ish years ago, but he is old and broken and has a history of pain killer addiction if I recall correctly. All that being said, he probably takes down all three of those guys and eeks out a lackluster decision.

LonelyMan

Nov 2, 2015
I would watch this. Unfortunately, I think "fake" wrestling has taken it's toll on Kurt to the point he would have a rough time through training camp. I am not a professional though, so I am pretending like I know how tough a training camp is... Professionals, please lend your input!! Thank you.