Laddd weight-inn tuf two wash (thx CMNH)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

She's an adult and if she wants to cut weight then it's her weight to cut.
However, if weigh-ins were the same day, we'd see a lot of people wising up in under a year's time and they'd be competing in higher weight classes. We've already seen quite few bigger name fighters figure it out.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
She's an adult and if she wants to cut weight then it's her weight to cut.
However, if weigh-ins were the same day, we'd see a lot of people wising up in under a year's time and they'd be competing in higher weight classes. We've already seen quite few bigger name fighters figure it out.
I like the idea but what happens if they fail to make weight? Have a back up fighter lined up for every bout? What of the back up fighter fails too? Perhaps one failure is allowed but the second failure gets them cut or suspended?

I hate how so much of the fight game is cutting. These guys should be in shape coming out of camp and maybe sweat out the last 5-8 if need be. Stepping on the scale looking like you're on crack is bad.

I like the idea but what happens if they fail to make weight? Have a back up fighter lined up for every bout? What of the back up fighter fails too? Perhaps one failure is allowed but the second failure gets them cut or suspended?

I hate how so much of the fight game is cutting. These guys should be in shape coming out of camp and maybe sweat out the last 5-8 if need be. Stepping on the scale looking like you're on crack is bad.
1.They get don't get paid. 2. They are fined the amount of their purse. 3. The fight goes on.

Yeah, there would be a couple fighters who try to cut it too close and fuck up. They'd serve as valuable examples to everyone else.
UFC would find a way to fuck up this simple system.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
1.They get don't get paid. 2. They are fined the amount of their purse. 3. The fight goes on.

Yeah, there would be a couple fighters who try to cut it too close and fuck up. They'd serve as valuable examples to everyone else.
UFC would find a way to fuck up this simple system.
As a fan I agree with these but as a promoter I think there's too many risks having fights collapse.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I feel no sympathy whatsoever here.She knew what weight she had to make when she signed her contract.

She has had problems doing this before and choose to not change her ways. If she permanently lost five pounds of walk around weight she could easily make weight but she obviously feels that her being heavier gives her an advantage, this is the price she pays for that.

She said she’d be somewhere, at a specific time, at a specific weight and like a professional she did just that. The pain it caused is on her. Lose some weight, change weight classes or continue to suffer, it’s her choice.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
It’s good for the sport to watch a chick starve and dehydrate herself for zero benefit to anyone involved with the sport
No one watches their fights anyway, lol

M

member 3289

They chose this life for themselves. Nobody is forcing them to fight in the wrong weight class.
But that's why we have athletic commissions - to step in and put a stop to this when it's clear that a fighter is not healthy 24 hours before a fight

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
They chose this life for themselves. Nobody is forcing them to fight in the wrong weight class.
There are no fights at 145 for women. And the UFC isn't booking them at higher weights. Theoretically there are 4 weight classes, but if you want a career, it's 115 or 135. The sport is forcing them due to the limited range of opportunities.