General Laptop for my kid's 16th Bday

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
OK here's what he has. An old Macbook probably from 2014. A wintel 15" I replaced the screen a couple years ago so it's probably around as old or older than the Mac. I didn't notice he wasn't using it. Finally admitted he broke the screen again and didn't tell me. My parents got him a cheapie Win tablet that he says is too slow.

I want something with Win 10 at least 8gb's ram. It doesn't have to be a touchscreen. 15" or close. SSD 1TB or smaller with second storage drive. I would prefer Intel over AMD but I could be convinced if the deal is right. I would like to be around $600. No refurbs.

I build PC's but I'm not up on laptop specs as I should be. This will be for school mostly. No Chromebook kaka. I put all the specs in and came up with I think a Dell on Amazon dual drive backlit KB also (a want) for around $650. Not sure which Intel chip it was. I've had a couple girly Vodka drinks so excuse my idiocy.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
What’s he want to do with it?
School work PP presentations and run Office mostly. He plays GTA but has a console. I did put some shitty version on the old Wintel machine for him. I want to make fairly future proof so it will get him at least a couple years into college.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
School work PP presentations and run Office mostly. He plays GTA but has a console. I did put some shitty version on the old Wintel machine for him. I want to make fairly future proof so it will get him at least a couple years into college.
You live in the USA or Canada?

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Under 600 USD

1. HP 17-by0040nr High Performance Laptop

Topping the list is the latest HP 17.3-inch high-performance laptop, which is a fully-specced laptop for the asking price. The laptop is a massive machine in terms of its size and even in terms of its performing capabilities.

It is powered by a quad-core Intel i5 Kaby Lake refreshed CPU coupled with 8GB of RAM. The RAM on the laptop can be further expanded, thanks to its additional RAM slot. Its 17.3-inch HD screen is a BrightView display which is very bright and clear. The laptop runs on the latest Windows 10 64-bit OS and comes along with a bunch of productive applications.

Storage segment is balanced by a 1TB SATA HDD and to boost its performance; it also has 16GB of Intel Optane memory. The device comes with almost all the connectivity options you expect to see in a laptop at this price segment. The device is a hefty-specifications-packed laptop and thus is leading the list.

Hardware Specifications of HP 17-by0040nr High-Performance Laptop
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U Quad-Core 1.6 GHz CPU (Turbo boost up to 3.4 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 1 TB SATA Hard Drive with 16GB Intel Optane Memory
Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 620
Display 17.3-Inch HD BrightView WLED-backlit Display with 1600×900 Resolution
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Battery Life Up to 5 hours
Weight 5.4 lbs
$519.00 | Buy Now From HP

Lenovo Ideapad 330

The new Lenovo Ideapad 330 is another excellent option if you’re looking for the 17-inch laptops. It is available with a lot of different hardware configurations which includes different RAM and storage sizes. The one that falls in $600 price range comes powered by the high-performance Intel Core i5-8300H processor and comes with dedicated Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics. The laptop has more powerful specs than the above mentioned HP Pavilion laptop. It will be able to handle games and other demanding tasks like video editing much better. Moreover, the Ideapad 330 also has better ports selection. You get the two USB 3.0, one USB Type-C and one HDMI ports. However, it doesn’t come with CD/DVD drive. | Check Price on Lenovo

2. Lenovo ThinkPad E590 Business Laptop

Lenovo’s Thinkpad series of laptops are known to be the best available standards when it comes to business laptops. The company has now expanded the Thinkpad series of laptops beyond productivity and have now stuffed them with a much more powerful configuration for multiple purposes.

The Lenovo Thinkpad E590 sports a 15.6-inch anti-glare HD display, and is powered by the latest Whiskey Lake Intel Core i5 processor with clock frequency up to 3.9GHz. For multitasking, the device comes equipped with 8GB of RAM, which can be upgraded. It also has 500GB of 7200 RPM HDD storage which is far more faster than standard 5400 RPM hard drive.

For all the security concerns, the laptop also comes with a fingerprint sensor making it the most secure personal computer in the segment. If one is ready to ignore the old and classy look of a laptop for powerful configuration, this business laptop shouldn’t disappoint you.

Hardware Specifications of Lenovo ThinkPad E590 Business Laptop
Processor Intel Core i5-8265U Quad-Core 1.6 GHz Processor (Turbo up to 3.9 GHz)
RAM 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Display 15.6-Inch Anti-Glare LED HD Display with 1366×768 resolution
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS
Battery Life Up to 12 hours
Weight 4.6 lbs
$585.29 | Buy Now From Lenovo

3. Acer Aspire E 15 Our Most Recommended

The Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-576G-5762) is just a spec bump to its predecessor. It offers Intel’s newest 8th Gen processor and dedicated Nvidia GPU in the same old chassis, but there is significant amount of improvement in its performance which makes it one of the most selling all-purpose laptops in $600 price range right now.

It sports the obsidian black body and comes with a polished, textured lid just like its predecessor, so there’s nothing new as far as design is concerned, but overall it is a nice professional looking laptop. It comes with a 15.6-inch full HD IPS display with a standard 16:9 aspect ratio which has very good viewing angles. Backed by a mighty 2GB of Nvidia GeForce MX150 graphics card, which makes Acer Aspire E 15 a perfect gaming laptop under $600. The laptop is also powered by the powerful 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, which is well-known for its performance and power saving capabilities.

It has 8GB of RAM and 256GB solid-state drive. However, the only thing that bothers is its hefty weight. Not all the users will be convenient carrying a 5.3-pound work machine. That said, overall it is an excellent all-around performer.

Hardware Specifications of Acer Aspire E 15 Best Gaming Laptop under $600
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U Quad-Core 1.6 GHz 8th Generation Processor (Turbo up to 3.4 GHz)
RAM 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM
Storage 256GB Solid State Drive
Graphics Nvidia GeForce MX150 2 GB DDR5 Graphics
Display 15.6-Inch Full HD Wide Screen LED-backlit IPS Display with 1920×1080 Resolution
Operating System Windows 10 64-bit OS
Battery Life Up to 15 hours
Weight 5.2 lbs
$599.99 | Buy Now From Amazon

Our Most Recommended Laptop Under $600 is Locked!
Use one of the buttons below to view the Best Laptop Under $600 or scroll down for more.

tweet

4. Dell Inspiron 14 5481 Best Convertible Laptop
Powered by the newest Whiskey Lake processors from Intel, the Dell Inspiron 5481 creeps on to the list with its powerful configuration and versatility. It is a 2-in-1 convertible laptop with a 14-inch HD display which can be rotated completely to use it as a tablet.

Moreover, it is provided with really strong hinges which let the laptop bend up to 360 degrees. The screen supports up to 10-points multi-touch making it compatible with multimedia, gaming, and productivity. Powered by the latest Intel Core i5-8265U quad-core processor and 8GB of RAM, Dell Inspiron 5481 outperforms many other laptops in its segment.

It comes with Windows 10 pre-installed, and you can run almost all softwares smoothly on this laptop, thanks to its Intel UHD 620 graphics. The storage department is backed by spacious 1TB hard drive, providing enough room for all your work and multimedia files. It comes with eye catchy elegant looks and superior build quality so overall this is the best convertible laptop under 600 dollars for the people whose primary concern is portability.

Hardware Specifications of Dell Inspiron 5481 (Best Convertible Laptop Under $600)
Processor Intel Core i5-8265U 1.6 GHz 8th Generation Processor (Turbo up to 3.9 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 1TB 5400RPM HDD
Display 14-Inch HD LED-backlit Touchscreen Display with 1366 x 768 Resolution
Battery Life Up to 8 hours
Weight 3.8 lbs
$617.39 | Buy Now From Dell

The Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 laptop is also a great option if you are looking for a smaller and more lighter convertible laptop than the above mentioned Dell Inspiron 14 5481 laptop. It comes with a 13-inch full HD multi-touch display and it is powered by an Intel Core i5-8250U processor with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. Performance wise both laptops are almost similar, but the SSD on this one makes it a bit faster in terms of booting of OS and opening apps. | Check Price on Amazon

You may like to check our – Top Picks of Laptops Under $500

5. Dell Inspiron i5570 15.6″ Touchscreen Laptop

The Dell Inspiron i5570 is a recently launched laptop which is an excellent choice in $600 price range. It offers durable exterior and all latest and powerful set of hardware inside. This newest Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop comes equipped with newest 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM which can be upgraded up to 16GB if needed. The hardware on this laptop is perfect for doing anything in between typing word documents to light gaming or photo editing on Photoshop, thanks to the integrated Intel UHD 620 graphics.

The display on this laptop is full HD, and it is bright enough to work in any lighting conditions. Moreover, the screen is touch-enabled which makes using Windows 10 easier. Dell laptops are always provided with all the range of ports and slots that you might need. Following the same trend, the Inspiron i5570 features 2 – USB 3.0 ports, 1 – USB 2.0 port, 1 – USB Type-C, HDMI, SD card reader, and 3.5mm headphone jack.

The laptop runs Windows 10 Home out of the box, and its battery lasts up to good 4 to 5 hours with normal usage. With less than 5 pounds of weight, the Dell Inspiron i5570 is an excellent laptop for anyone who wants the laptop with all the latest specs and greatest features.

Hardware Specifications of Dell Inspiron i5570 15.6″ Laptop (Newest Model)
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6 GHz Processor (Turbo upto 3.4GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM (Upgradable up to 16GB)
Storage 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
Graphics Intel UHD 620 Graphics
Display 15.6-Inch Full HD IPS Touchscreen Display with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
Weight 4.85 lbs
$525.57 | Buy Now From Amazon

6. Asus Q405UA 2-in-1 Laptop

Another convertible laptop in this list which is a little bit slower than the previously mentioned Dell Inspiron 14″ 5481 in the list. Talking about the design, the laptop is entirely made out of aluminum, and it looks and feels premium.

The ASUS Q405UA has a 14-inch touchscreen display with full HD resolution, and the hinges provided to convert this laptop into different modes are tough enough to give you the confidence of using this laptop in harsh conditions. It has got a standard 720p webcam and also a microphone built-in which makes this convertible laptop very handy for video calling on Skype.

Talking about the internals, this laptop is powered by an Intel core i5 kaby lake refresh (8th gen) processor and has 8GB of RAM for smooth multitasking. The storage on the laptop is also very well managed with 1TB of hard drive which provides decent amount of storage space for all your files.

So, if you’re looking for the powerful and versatile laptop for yourself, then ASUS Q405UA is one of the best convertible laptops to buy for under $600.

Hardware Specifications of ASUS Q405UA (best convertible laptop under $600)
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6 GHz (Kaby Lake Refresh) Processor (Turbo up to 3.4 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 1TB HDD
Display 14-Inch full HD Touchscreen LED display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
Weight 3.5 lbs
$579.99 | Buy Now From Amazon

7. HP Pavilion 13-an0010nr
Although the HP Pavilion 13 stands at the 7th position in our list, it is one of the most stylish looking laptop in the segment and comes with the latest technologies. It comes in a sleek and slim chassis and is a perfect combination of appealing looks with stellar configuration.

For the price being well under $600, HP Pavilion 13 is a perfect option for college students or business person who wants lightweight and long-lasting laptop. It is powered by an Intel Core i5 processor and has 8GB of RAM. The laptop outputs decent performance for all everyday tasks and can also handle gaming up to an extent, thanks to the integrated UHD 620 graphics. However, the storage segment on the laptop is managed by the 256GB SSD which is rather great in terms of speed, but it isn’t spacious enough to house all your files.

The laptop is fairly light, weighing just 2.8 pounds so it is easy to travel with and work on-the-go. One exceptional feature which makes this laptop stand out of the segment is its long-lasting battery life, which is backed by a 4-cell Li-ion battery.

Overall, HP Pavilion 13 is the best students laptop under $600 because of its less weight which makes carrying this laptop back and forth between home and college easier.

Hardware Specifications of HP Pavilion 13 (Best Laptop For Students under $600)
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (Turbo up to 3.4 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 SDRAM
Storage 256GB SSD
Display 13.3-Inch Full HD WLED-backlit IPS Display
Battery Life Up to 11 hours
Weight 2.8 lbs
$594.98 | Buy Now From Amazon

You may like to read – Top 10 Best Laptops with Intel i5 processor

8. Lenovo Ideapad 330S Best Ultrabook

Are you looking for the best ultrabook under 600 dollars? Then the Lenovo Ideapad 330S might put an end to your search. The laptop being such a compact and lightweight machine offers powerful set of specifications for everyday works. It is a 14 inch laptop with Full HD IPS display which is little dim but it is color accurate so this laptop is ideal for photographers to edit photos on the go. It also features a full-sized backlit keyboard and a windows precision trackpad with multi-finger gestures support.

Inside, this laptop has the latest 8th generation i5 processor which is paired with the 8GB of DDR4 memory. For storage, this ultrabook offers slow 5400 RPM 1TB of HDD, but it provides ample amount of space to store all your data. The Lenovo Ideapad 330s being such a thin and lightweight laptop, offers a very good range of ports and slots. It has USB 3.0 and memory card reader on one side and another USB 3.0, full sized HDMI, USB Type-C and 3.5mm audio jack on other side.

With less than 4 pounds of weight and up to 7 hours of battery life, the Lenovo Ideapad 330s is the best ultrabook you can buy in this price range.

Hardware Specifications of Lenovo Ideapad 330S (Best Ultrabook under $600)
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U 1.60 GHz Processor (Turbo up to 3.4GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 1TB 5400 RPM HDD
Display 14 Inch Full HD LED-backlit IPS Display with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
Battery Life Up to 7 hours
Weight 3.5 lbs
$549.00 | Buy at Amazon

You may like to read – Top 10 Best Laptops Under $700

9. HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Laptop

This HP Pavilion 15 laptop is another best-specced laptop in this list of best laptops under 600 dollars. It sports a powerful Intel core i5 coffee lake quad-core processor with clock frequency up to 4.0GHz. The powerful processor is paired with an 8GB of RAM which is enough for most of the general uses and there’s also an extra RAM slot, in case if you need more RAM in future.

The Pavilion 15 also has powerful Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU which makes it capable for gaming and other performance-oriented works. Apart from specs, this laptop is also a very well designed and built machine. The outer covering of this laptop is made up of a high-quality plastic which can resist everyday wears and tears and protect the innards of this laptop from getting damaged. There’s a slight flex in the lid and keyboard of the laptop but you won’t notice it unless you apply more than normal amount of pressure.

With, decently long battery and rich sound from front firing B&O Play speakers, this HP Pavilion 15 is the best gaming laptop you can get for under $600.

Hardware Specifications of HP Pavilion 15 (Best Gaming Laptop under $600)
Processor Intel Core i5-8300H 2.3 GHz Processor (Turbo up to 4.0 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 1TB HDD
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5 Graphics
Display 15.6-Inch Full HD IPS Anti Glare Display with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
Battery Life Up to 6 hours
Weight 4.7 lbs
$637.88 | See on Amazon

You may like to check out – The best gaming laptops under $800

10. HP Pavilion 15 Touchscreen Laptop

HP is known to provide a tough and sturdy range of laptops packing with a good specifications list. HP Pavilion 15 is a touchscreen laptop which utilizes an 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U quad-core processor. The processor has been an outstanding performer when it comes to gaming and heavy multitasking. Additionally, the laptop comes with the powerful Intel UHD graphics 620, which does the job adequately well.

The laptop looks exceptionally stylish and appealing. It comes with textured exterior, finished in a silver color and inside it has a playful textures which manages to look good. Multimedia front of the laptop is buttressed by DTS Studio Sound speakers. HP Pavilion 15 laptop also comes with the security slot to prevent any unauthorized access. The keyboard has numpad, and there’s enough palm rest area provided to deliver comfortable typing experience.

All in all, the HP Pavilion 15 is the best all-purpose laptop under $600 because of its several features such as touchscreen display, powerful processor with integrated graphics for gaming and other intensive tasks.

Hardware Specifications of HP Pavilion 15 (Best Touchscreen Laptop under $600)
Processor Intel Core i7-8550U Quad-Core Processor (Turbo up to 4.0 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 SDRAM
Storage 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive + 16GB Intel Optane Memory
Display 15.6-Inch HD WLED-backlit Touchscreen Display with 1366 x 768 Resolution
Weight 4.2 lbs
$579.99 | Buy Now From HP

Huawei MateBook D 14 - Bonus Recommendation

The Huawei MateBook D is the most premium laptop you can buy in $600 price range. It is an all-metal built ultrabook with unibody structure with excellent build quality. It looks and feels so much premium that it can easily be compared with Apple’s MacBooks. Inside, it bolsters the powerful AMD processor with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of SSD. Moreover, the laptop has 14-inch full HD display which produces good gamut of colors and it is also a decently bright panel. The laptop also comes with quad speakers with Dolby Atmos support which is a rare scene at this price range.

The Huawei MateBook D is easily the best ultrabook for under $600 if you’re a sucker for good build quality, but buyers should consider that its slim and sleek looks come at the cost of non-upgradability. In simpler words, its RAM and storage drives cannot be upgraded.

Check Price on Amazon

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
N @Never_Rolled I would stay away from the gaming laptop and look closely at a Matebook if your willing to spend a bit more than 600. For 1000 they make MacBook pro killlers.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Under 600 USD

1. HP 17-by0040nr High Performance Laptop

Topping the list is the latest HP 17.3-inch high-performance laptop, which is a fully-specced laptop for the asking price. The laptop is a massive machine in terms of its size and even in terms of its performing capabilities.

It is powered by a quad-core Intel i5 Kaby Lake refreshed CPU coupled with 8GB of RAM. The RAM on the laptop can be further expanded, thanks to its additional RAM slot. Its 17.3-inch HD screen is a BrightView display which is very bright and clear. The laptop runs on the latest Windows 10 64-bit OS and comes along with a bunch of productive applications.

Storage segment is balanced by a 1TB SATA HDD and to boost its performance; it also has 16GB of Intel Optane memory. The device comes with almost all the connectivity options you expect to see in a laptop at this price segment. The device is a hefty-specifications-packed laptop and thus is leading the list.

Hardware Specifications of HP 17-by0040nr High-Performance Laptop
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U Quad-Core 1.6 GHz CPU (Turbo boost up to 3.4 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 1 TB SATA Hard Drive with 16GB Intel Optane Memory
Display 17.3-Inch HD BrightView WLED-backlit Display with 1600×900 Resolution
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Weight 5.4 lbs
$519.00 | Buy Now From HP

Lenovo Ideapad 330

The new Lenovo Ideapad 330 is another excellent option if you’re looking for the 17-inch laptops. It is available with a lot of different hardware configurations which includes different RAM and storage sizes. The one that falls in $600 price range comes powered by the high-performance Intel Core i5-8300H processor and comes with dedicated Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics. The laptop has more powerful specs than the above mentioned HP Pavilion laptop. It will be able to handle games and other demanding tasks like video editing much better. Moreover, the Ideapad 330 also has better ports selection. You get the two USB 3.0, one USB Type-C and one HDMI ports. However, it doesn’t come with CD/DVD drive. | Check Price on Lenovo

2. Lenovo ThinkPad E590 Business Laptop

Lenovo’s Thinkpad series of laptops are known to be the best available standards when it comes to business laptops. The company has now expanded the Thinkpad series of laptops beyond productivity and have now stuffed them with a much more powerful configuration for multiple purposes.

The Lenovo Thinkpad E590 sports a 15.6-inch anti-glare HD display, and is powered by the latest Whiskey Lake Intel Core i5 processor with clock frequency up to 3.9GHz. For multitasking, the device comes equipped with 8GB of RAM, which can be upgraded. It also has 500GB of 7200 RPM HDD storage which is far more faster than standard 5400 RPM hard drive.

For all the security concerns, the laptop also comes with a fingerprint sensor making it the most secure personal computer in the segment. If one is ready to ignore the old and classy look of a laptop for powerful configuration, this business laptop shouldn’t disappoint you.

Hardware Specifications of Lenovo ThinkPad E590 Business Laptop
Processor Intel Core i5-8265U Quad-Core 1.6 GHz Processor (Turbo up to 3.9 GHz)
RAM 8 GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Display 15.6-Inch Anti-Glare LED HD Display with 1366×768 resolution
Battery Life Up to 12 hours
Weight 4.6 lbs
$585.29 | Buy Now From Lenovo

3. Acer Aspire E 15 Our Most Recommended

The Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-576G-5762) is just a spec bump to its predecessor. It offers Intel’s newest 8th Gen processor and dedicated Nvidia GPU in the same old chassis, but there is significant amount of improvement in its performance which makes it one of the most selling all-purpose laptops in $600 price range right now.

It sports the obsidian black body and comes with a polished, textured lid just like its predecessor, so there’s nothing new as far as design is concerned, but overall it is a nice professional looking laptop. It comes with a 15.6-inch full HD IPS display with a standard 16:9 aspect ratio which has very good viewing angles. Backed by a mighty 2GB of Nvidia GeForce MX150 graphics card, which makes Acer Aspire E 15 a perfect gaming laptop under $600. The laptop is also powered by the powerful 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor, which is well-known for its performance and power saving capabilities.

It has 8GB of RAM and 256GB solid-state drive. However, the only thing that bothers is its hefty weight. Not all the users will be convenient carrying a 5.3-pound work machine. That said, overall it is an excellent all-around performer.

Hardware Specifications of Acer Aspire E 15 Best Gaming Laptop under $600
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U Quad-Core 1.6 GHz 8th Generation Processor (Turbo up to 3.4 GHz)
RAM 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM
Storage 256GB Solid State Drive
Graphics Nvidia GeForce MX150 2 GB DDR5 Graphics
Display 15.6-Inch Full HD Wide Screen LED-backlit IPS Display with 1920×1080 Resolution
Operating System Windows 10 64-bit OS
Battery Life Up to 15 hours
Weight 5.2 lbs
$599.99 | Buy Now From Amazon

Our Most Recommended Laptop Under $600 is Locked!
Use one of the buttons below to view the Best Laptop Under $600 or scroll down for more.

tweet

4. Dell Inspiron 14 5481 Best Convertible Laptop
Powered by the newest Whiskey Lake processors from Intel, the Dell Inspiron 5481 creeps on to the list with its powerful configuration and versatility. It is a 2-in-1 convertible laptop with a 14-inch HD display which can be rotated completely to use it as a tablet.

Moreover, it is provided with really strong hinges which let the laptop bend up to 360 degrees. The screen supports up to 10-points multi-touch making it compatible with multimedia, gaming, and productivity. Powered by the latest Intel Core i5-8265U quad-core processor and 8GB of RAM, Dell Inspiron 5481 outperforms many other laptops in its segment.

It comes with Windows 10 pre-installed, and you can run almost all softwares smoothly on this laptop, thanks to its Intel UHD 620 graphics. The storage department is backed by spacious 1TB hard drive, providing enough room for all your work and multimedia files. It comes with eye catchy elegant looks and superior build quality so overall this is the best convertible laptop under 600 dollars for the people whose primary concern is portability.

Hardware Specifications of Dell Inspiron 5481 (Best Convertible Laptop Under $600)
Processor Intel Core i5-8265U 1.6 GHz 8th Generation Processor (Turbo up to 3.9 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 1TB 5400RPM HDD
Display 14-Inch HD LED-backlit Touchscreen Display with 1366 x 768 Resolution
Weight 3.8 lbs
$617.39 | Buy Now From Dell

The Dell Inspiron 13 5000 2-in-1 laptop is also a great option if you are looking for a smaller and more lighter convertible laptop than the above mentioned Dell Inspiron 14 5481 laptop. It comes with a 13-inch full HD multi-touch display and it is powered by an Intel Core i5-8250U processor with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD. Performance wise both laptops are almost similar, but the SSD on this one makes it a bit faster in terms of booting of OS and opening apps. | Check Price on Amazon

You may like to check our – Top Picks of Laptops Under $500

5. Dell Inspiron i5570 15.6″ Touchscreen Laptop

The Dell Inspiron i5570 is a recently launched laptop which is an excellent choice in $600 price range. It offers durable exterior and all latest and powerful set of hardware inside. This newest Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop comes equipped with newest 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM which can be upgraded up to 16GB if needed. The hardware on this laptop is perfect for doing anything in between typing word documents to light gaming or photo editing on Photoshop, thanks to the integrated Intel UHD 620 graphics.

The display on this laptop is full HD, and it is bright enough to work in any lighting conditions. Moreover, the screen is touch-enabled which makes using Windows 10 easier. Dell laptops are always provided with all the range of ports and slots that you might need. Following the same trend, the Inspiron i5570 features 2 – USB 3.0 ports, 1 – USB 2.0 port, 1 – USB Type-C, HDMI, SD card reader, and 3.5mm headphone jack.

The laptop runs Windows 10 Home out of the box, and its battery lasts up to good 4 to 5 hours with normal usage. With less than 5 pounds of weight, the Dell Inspiron i5570 is an excellent laptop for anyone who wants the laptop with all the latest specs and greatest features.

Hardware Specifications of Dell Inspiron i5570 15.6″ Laptop (Newest Model)
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6 GHz Processor (Turbo upto 3.4GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM (Upgradable up to 16GB)
Storage 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
Display 15.6-Inch Full HD IPS Touchscreen Display with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
Weight 4.85 lbs
$525.57 | Buy Now From Amazon

6. Asus Q405UA 2-in-1 Laptop

Another convertible laptop in this list which is a little bit slower than the previously mentioned Dell Inspiron 14″ 5481 in the list. Talking about the design, the laptop is entirely made out of aluminum, and it looks and feels premium.

The ASUS Q405UA has a 14-inch touchscreen display with full HD resolution, and the hinges provided to convert this laptop into different modes are tough enough to give you the confidence of using this laptop in harsh conditions. It has got a standard 720p webcam and also a microphone built-in which makes this convertible laptop very handy for video calling on Skype.

Talking about the internals, this laptop is powered by an Intel core i5 kaby lake refresh (8th gen) processor and has 8GB of RAM for smooth multitasking. The storage on the laptop is also very well managed with 1TB of hard drive which provides decent amount of storage space for all your files.

So, if you’re looking for the powerful and versatile laptop for yourself, then ASUS Q405UA is one of the best convertible laptops to buy for under $600.

Hardware Specifications of ASUS Q405UA (best convertible laptop under $600)
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6 GHz (Kaby Lake Refresh) Processor (Turbo up to 3.4 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 1TB HDD
Display 14-Inch full HD Touchscreen LED display with 1920 x 1080 resolution
Weight 3.5 lbs
$579.99 | Buy Now From Amazon

7. HP Pavilion 13-an0010nr
Although the HP Pavilion 13 stands at the 7th position in our list, it is one of the most stylish looking laptop in the segment and comes with the latest technologies. It comes in a sleek and slim chassis and is a perfect combination of appealing looks with stellar configuration.

For the price being well under $600, HP Pavilion 13 is a perfect option for college students or business person who wants lightweight and long-lasting laptop. It is powered by an Intel Core i5 processor and has 8GB of RAM. The laptop outputs decent performance for all everyday tasks and can also handle gaming up to an extent, thanks to the integrated UHD 620 graphics. However, the storage segment on the laptop is managed by the 256GB SSD which is rather great in terms of speed, but it isn’t spacious enough to house all your files.

The laptop is fairly light, weighing just 2.8 pounds so it is easy to travel with and work on-the-go. One exceptional feature which makes this laptop stand out of the segment is its long-lasting battery life, which is backed by a 4-cell Li-ion battery.

Overall, HP Pavilion 13 is the best students laptop under $600 because of its less weight which makes carrying this laptop back and forth between home and college easier.

Hardware Specifications of HP Pavilion 13 (Best Laptop For Students under $600)
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (Turbo up to 3.4 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 SDRAM
Storage 256GB SSD
Display 13.3-Inch Full HD WLED-backlit IPS Display
Battery Life Up to 11 hours
Weight 2.8 lbs
$594.98 | Buy Now From Amazon

You may like to read – Top 10 Best Laptops with Intel i5 processor

8. Lenovo Ideapad 330S Best Ultrabook

Are you looking for the best ultrabook under 600 dollars? Then the Lenovo Ideapad 330S might put an end to your search. The laptop being such a compact and lightweight machine offers powerful set of specifications for everyday works. It is a 14 inch laptop with Full HD IPS display which is little dim but it is color accurate so this laptop is ideal for photographers to edit photos on the go. It also features a full-sized backlit keyboard and a windows precision trackpad with multi-finger gestures support.

Inside, this laptop has the latest 8th generation i5 processor which is paired with the 8GB of DDR4 memory. For storage, this ultrabook offers slow 5400 RPM 1TB of HDD, but it provides ample amount of space to store all your data. The Lenovo Ideapad 330s being such a thin and lightweight laptop, offers a very good range of ports and slots. It has USB 3.0 and memory card reader on one side and another USB 3.0, full sized HDMI, USB Type-C and 3.5mm audio jack on other side.

With less than 4 pounds of weight and up to 7 hours of battery life, the Lenovo Ideapad 330s is the best ultrabook you can buy in this price range.

Hardware Specifications of Lenovo Ideapad 330S (Best Ultrabook under $600)
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U 1.60 GHz Processor (Turbo up to 3.4GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 1TB 5400 RPM HDD
Display 14 Inch Full HD LED-backlit IPS Display with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
Battery Life Up to 7 hours
Weight 3.5 lbs
$549.00 | Buy at Amazon

You may like to read – Top 10 Best Laptops Under $700

9. HP Pavilion 15 Gaming Laptop

This HP Pavilion 15 laptop is another best-specced laptop in this list of best laptops under 600 dollars. It sports a powerful Intel core i5 coffee lake quad-core processor with clock frequency up to 4.0GHz. The powerful processor is paired with an 8GB of RAM which is enough for most of the general uses and there’s also an extra RAM slot, in case if you need more RAM in future.

The Pavilion 15 also has powerful Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU which makes it capable for gaming and other performance-oriented works. Apart from specs, this laptop is also a very well designed and built machine. The outer covering of this laptop is made up of a high-quality plastic which can resist everyday wears and tears and protect the innards of this laptop from getting damaged. There’s a slight flex in the lid and keyboard of the laptop but you won’t notice it unless you apply more than normal amount of pressure.

With, decently long battery and rich sound from front firing B&O Play speakers, this HP Pavilion 15 is the best gaming laptop you can get for under $600.

Hardware Specifications of HP Pavilion 15 (Best Gaming Laptop under $600)
Processor Intel Core i5-8300H 2.3 GHz Processor (Turbo up to 4.0 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 RAM
Storage 1TB HDD
Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5 Graphics
Display 15.6-Inch Full HD IPS Anti Glare Display with 1920 x 1080 Resolution
Weight 4.7 lbs
$637.88 | See on Amazon

You may like to check out – The best gaming laptops under $800

10. HP Pavilion 15 Touchscreen Laptop

HP is known to provide a tough and sturdy range of laptops packing with a good specifications list. HP Pavilion 15 is a touchscreen laptop which utilizes an 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U quad-core processor. The processor has been an outstanding performer when it comes to gaming and heavy multitasking. Additionally, the laptop comes with the powerful Intel UHD graphics 620, which does the job adequately well.

The laptop looks exceptionally stylish and appealing. It comes with textured exterior, finished in a silver color and inside it has a playful textures which manages to look good. Multimedia front of the laptop is buttressed by DTS Studio Sound speakers. HP Pavilion 15 laptop also comes with the security slot to prevent any unauthorized access. The keyboard has numpad, and there’s enough palm rest area provided to deliver comfortable typing experience.

All in all, the HP Pavilion 15 is the best all-purpose laptop under $600 because of its several features such as touchscreen display, powerful processor with integrated graphics for gaming and other intensive tasks.

Hardware Specifications of HP Pavilion 15 (Best Touchscreen Laptop under $600)
Processor Intel Core i7-8550U Quad-Core Processor (Turbo up to 4.0 GHz)
RAM 8GB DDR4 SDRAM
Storage 1TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive + 16GB Intel Optane Memory
Display 15.6-Inch HD WLED-backlit Touchscreen Display with 1366 x 768 Resolution
Weight 4.2 lbs
$579.99 | Buy Now From HP

Huawei MateBook D 14 - Bonus Recommendation

The Huawei MateBook D is the most premium laptop you can buy in $600 price range. It is an all-metal built ultrabook with unibody structure with excellent build quality. It looks and feels so much premium that it can easily be compared with Apple’s MacBooks. Inside, it bolsters the powerful AMD processor with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of SSD. Moreover, the laptop has 14-inch full HD display which produces good gamut of colors and it is also a decently bright panel. The laptop also comes with quad speakers with Dolby Atmos support which is a rare scene at this price range.

The Huawei MateBook D is easily the best ultrabook for under $600 if you’re a sucker for good build quality, but buyers should consider that its slim and sleek looks come at the cost of non-upgradability. In simpler words, its RAM and storage drives cannot be upgraded.

Check Price on Amazon
Thanks! I will go through those in the morning.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Before you go balls deep, check to see if the school district has levied chromebooks for next school year.
Both mine have had them for 4 years.
They're rolling out country-wide thanks to our pal Bill Gates who would love nothing more than to facilitate his little future drones.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
You like AMD over Intel?
I really have no preference. I have an Asus amd laptop that I bought a few years ago for school for about 500 usd. It’s light, handles my school work but is definitely showing it’s age. My sons gaming pc is intel but if I were to build one today AMD is very attractive.

I have a 6 year old power Mac as my main home pc. So I guess I have no allegiances to anyone.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Laptops are for fucken dorks.

Real men, like me, don't need em.

It's all about the RAM.

Get your son a OnePlus and he will be drowning in pussy

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I’ve heard good things about those but have never used Linux before.
I purchased one - everything is already installed for you so all you have to do is power up and you can get going — there will be little things here and there you’ll have to do to add your own programs and make tweaks to how you want to run it ...but Hot Damn I love it!

Once you go Linux ...you never go back.