Last night tells me that Fedor is still HW GOAT

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I used to think Anderson was the GOAT before he got popped for PEDs. But there are 2 key factors that have cemented Fedor as the GOAT in my mind -

1. PRIDE was his prime and PRIDE had many dirty fighters juiced to the gills. Maybe Fedor doped maybe he didn't but I can tell you he passes the "eye test" (no homo) while a lot of others don't.
2. He was an undersized HW facing many guys larger than him.

Anno Domini

Feb 26, 2015
Fedor will always be the greatest MMA fighter in my book. But he is a perfect example of someone who never evolved and kept doing the same shit over and over. His style worked for him over a decade then he got caught. I believe if he would have explored other camps and learned new techniques he would have remained undefeated until he retired.

Best thing he ever did was not go to the UFC. Dana had to be so pissed Fedor lost in Strikeforce and not the UFC. But they got the last laugh when they cut him after the loss to Hendo.

Kinosis

May 26, 2015
Fedor will always be the greatest MMA fighter in my book. But he is a perfect example of someone who never evolved and kept doing the same shit over and over. His style worked for him over a decade then he got caught. I believe if he would have explored other camps and learned new techniques he would have remained undefeated until he retired.

Best thing he ever did was not go to the UFC. Dana had to be so pissed Fedor lost in Strikeforce and not the UFC. But they got the last laugh when they cut him after the loss to Hendo.
Not to be a jerk but I think everything you just said is wrong lol.

Fedor devolved into a sloppy brawler, that is why he lost. Like a lot of fighters eventually do, he was just looking for big shots without any of the other things he used to do which lead to KO's for him.

Fedor did start training in Holland and looked great in his last 3 fights. He was fighting with a gameplan again, his striking looked better than it ever had. I think he would have continued having success but he was ready to retire.

They didn't cut Fedor, that was just nonsense Dana said that was proven false. Fedor never had a contract with Strikeforce so they couldn't fire him. He was with M-1 and was fighting in Strikeforce/M-1 co promotions.

M

member 3289

Ya I'm reading through this thread again and may have to reconsider my stance from three years ago.
It was in the site's infancy and you made mistakes. Saying Fedor was HW GOAT, banning me right before Nate-Conor 1, etc.

What's important though is that you've learned from these mistakes and grown as both an admin and an individual.