Sports Lavar Ball goes Lavar Ball in AAU game

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Up 69-60 in the 2nd half of an AAU game, Lavar Ball disagreed with a ref's call and got a technical. He promptly pulled his BIG BALLERS team off the court and forfeited the game.

<sarcasm>
The level of class this guy displays on a daily basis is impressive. He's definitely instilling the AAU Mission Statement into these young men.
</sarcasm>

AAU Mission Statement:
To offer amateur sports programs through a volunteer base for all people to have the physical, mental, and moral development of amateur athletes and to promote good sportsmanship and good citizenship.

LaVar called for tech, pulls AAU team off court

Classy dude.

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Here's my problem with the video:

He's teaching kids that even when everything else is going your way, it's better to quit and lose than be disrespected.

We usually talk about the African-American communities problems in police and WSHH threads, but this is the kind of behavior by youth leaders that needs to be called out by everyone. If it's a problem in certain communities, it's an American problem, and it's a global problem. Lavar Ball shouldn't be coaching or leading until he learns the lesson, and shows he can live the lesson.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
He's teaching kids that even when everything else is going your way, it's better to quit and lose than be disrespected.
Agreed. He has no business being a coach of young men.
He should be setting an example of how to behave. This is the type of behavior you'd expect from a kid on the team, not the coach.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Who is larvae ball?
Psycho dad of Lonzo Ball (#2 overall pick for the Lakers in this year's draft).

He has 2 other sons - LiAngelo (UCLA) and LaMelo (Chino Hills High School) who are also pretty talented. LaMelo is a member of the AAU team that was pulled off the court.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Psycho dad of Lonzo Ball (#2 overall pick for the Lakers in this year's draft).

He has 2 other sons - LiAngelo (UCLA) and LaMelo (Chino Hills High School) who are also pretty talented. LaMelo is a member of the AAU team that was pulled off the court.
Such terrible names.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
AAU Mission Statement:
To offer amateur sports programs through a volunteer base for all people to have the physical, mental, and moral development of amateur athletes and to promote good sportsmanship and good citizenship.
Hahahahahahaha

Furthest things from reality. 10 years first hand experience.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
He's obviously a shitty coach.

Look no further than Lonzo's terrible shooting form.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
It's pretty awesome that I saw this today which is one side sportsmanship and class and then I just saw Spieth spend the first 5 minutes of his celebration by thanking everyone around him, the crowd, the members of the golf course, the crew, the event staff, his family, his caddie, his instructor, Matt Kuchar, etc... allllllllll before taking credit for his win in a very individual sport.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
LaMelo has shit form as well. Accurate, but the form is garbage.
Hate to defend anyone from the family, but I had shit form too as a kid. I put the ball through the hoop, but it wasn't pretty, just consistent.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Talent can overcome a lack of technique, but it's better to have both.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Hate to defend anyone from the family, but I had shit form too as a kid. I put the ball through the hoop, but it wasn't pretty, just consistent.

Never understood that argument -- kids would always shit on other kids with ugly shots ...but if the ball is going in ..that's all that matters.

I don't care how good the kids shot is, as long as he is playing fundamental ball - getting his teammates involved and not making turnovers.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
You aren't hoping to become a professional ball player.
Eventually that shit catches up to you. Maybe it won't with him, but we'll see.
Never understood that argument -- kids would always shit on other kids with ugly shots ...but if the ball is going in ..that's all that matters.

I don't care how good the kids shot is, as long as he is playing fundamental ball - getting his teammates involved and not making turnovers.
The worse the form is, the easier it is to fall apart. And as the competition increases, the more likely it is that poor form will negatively effect performance.

To relate it to MMA, you can get away with poor form against a white belt in JJ. It's likely a different story against a black belt.

Poor shooting form can negatively effect release point, release time, and as the player gets tired it can fall to shit quicker because it isn't as efficient as it should be.