Sports Lavar Ball goes Lavar Ball in AAU game

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Never understood that argument -- kids would always shit on other kids with ugly shots ...but if the ball is going in ..that's all that matters.
I'm not shitting on the kid. I'm shitting on his coach / dad.

The kid's 3P% in the NBA is TBD, but you don't see elite shooters with poor form nowadays.

Last edited:

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Also, because he shoots across his body, his % is crap when he's moving to his right. NBA defenses will recognize that.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Didn't he only hit like 12 out of 60'something shots in one game last year?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
That is f'd up he pulled off some disabled kids probably there to have fun an be good sportsman for his own ego and petty reasons.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
I'm not shitting on the kid. I'm shitting on his coach / dad.

The kid's 3P% in the NBA is TBD, but you don't see elite shooters with poor form nowadays.
No worries, my post wasn't directed at you, just over the years I'd always see kids with bad form get shitted on....one kid had the ugliest shot yet had the quickest release I've ever seen and would drain 3's like Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf (Chris Jackson).

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
When I coach kids, I work on their form during practice but, during games, I never mention it. I always tell them, "Any shot that goes in is a good shot." That's my nice way of saying, "If you take an ugly shot in a game, it better go in." LOL

It would be extremely dangerous to try to change Ball's shooting form at this stage. His dad should've corrected it like 15 years ago.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
He struck again this weekend.
He was t'd up by a female ref and refused to accept it. He demanded she be removed from the game, saying "She ain't ready for this. She needs to stay in her lane".

The organizers of the event obliged and removed her. Then her replacement t'd him up as well and LaVar was ejected. However, he refused to leave the court so the game ended in yet another forfeit.

The female ref that was removed wasn't just some scrub. She is a college basketball ref.

In a sign if solidarity, the referee organization (Club Court Elite) that supplies refs to Adidas for their tournaments has cut their 5 year relationship with the shoe company.

Adidas issued a statement saying that it regrets the decision to remove the female referee.

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
He struck again this weekend.
He was t'd up by a female ref and refused to accept it. He demanded she be removed from the game, saying "She ain't ready for this. She needs to stay in her lane".

The organizers of the event obliged and removed her. Then her replacement t'd him up as well and LaVar was ejected. However, he refused to leave the court so the game ended in yet another forfeit.

The female ref that was removed wasn't just some scrub. She is a college basketball ref.

In a sign if solidarity, the referee organization (Club Court Elite) that supplies refs to Adidas for their tournaments has cut their 5 year relationship with the shoe company.

Adidas issued a statement saying that it regrets the decision to remove the female referee.
What a shitshow, I'm so glad my son got fed up with the culture of the sport and walked away last year.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Lavar has pulled LiAngelo out of UCLA after his son was suspended for shoplifting in China.

LaMelo - the youngest Ball - is still committed to play at UCLA but his eligibility is in doubt. He already has his own signature shoe from Big Baller Brand which would typically disqualify his amateur status. LaMelo has already been yanked out of high school by his father so he could be home schooled.

So now you have LiAngelo - who most say isn't even close to being good enough to play in the NBA - sacrificing his scholarship to UCLA because his dad is an egotistical moron.

And it looks like LaMelo - who most say does have NBA talent - is being guided down a rocky path as well.

Lavar Ball - Father of the Year

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
His excuse is that his Teammates started stealing first, so he joined in? Not a good look man. Not a good look.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
And for those wondering, Lonzo's stats in his very young career:

He shows promise as a PG. Phenomenal passer. Great court awareness. But he should probably stop shooting.

I don't think he's passing up Steph Curry anytime soon, as promised by Lavar.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Fuck em all.
I don't wish the kids ill will.
I actually feel bad for them. Their father is making some very important life choices for his sons, and none of them are good.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015

He shows promise as a PG. Phenomenal passer. Great court awareness. But he should probably stop shooting.

Guilt by association. He's a talented kid, but because of his father, I can't stop myself from wanting him to fail.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Guilt by association. He's a talented kid, but because of his father, I can't stop myself from wanting him to fail.
Lonzo is actually pretty humble and laid back. He's like the opposite of his father - at least in the interviews I've seen.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Lonzo is actually pretty humble and laid back. He's like the opposite of his father - at least in the interviews I've seen.
Agreed. He does seem like a good kid. But, then again guilt by association. If his dad stfu, I wouldn't care. As a Bird era Celtics fan, I hate the Lakers. I can't root for his success.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017

He actually shot better at UCLA, but they actually ran an offense that was catered to his strengths. He was a lot better shooting coming off screens, there's very few people who are good shooting a 3 at the NBA line off the dribble. Luke Walton has not been a good coach so far, he doesn't have an X's & O's guy, seems he just hired his buddies as assistants to this point

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
He actually shot better at UCLA, but they actually ran an offense that was catered to his strengths. He was a lot better shooting coming off screens, there's very few people who are good shooting a 3 at the NBA line off the dribble. Luke Walton has not been a good coach so far, he doesn't have an X's & O's guy, seems he just hired his buddies as assistants to this point
Who cares about the 3pt%?

He's terrible from the field anyway.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
same thing applies, he'd be much better in a different scheme
But does a PG typically get his shots coming off screens? Isn't that a position where you are either creating your own shot or getting others open with dribble drives to the hoop?