Sports Lavar Ball goes Lavar Ball in AAU game

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
But does a PG typically get his shots coming off screens? Isn't that a position where you are either creating your own shot or getting others open with dribble drives to the hoop?
I know things have changed since I played but it was the PG's job to feed me the ball when I was coming off of a screen. They create movement to get open and feed when they can't. He just throws it up anyway.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
But does a PG typically get his shots coming off screens? Isn't that a position where you are either creating your own shot or getting others open with dribble drives to the hoop?
In a great scheme, yes. Steph Curry has made a living coming off a pick & roll, passing to the wing, getting a screen & sprinting to the corner to hit a wide open 3. That's not happening in Lakerland these days, a lot of Lonzo's long range shots are coming after another Laker puts on a dribbling exhibition for 18 seconds & passes to Lonzo with less than 5 seconds on the shot clock

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
In a great scheme, yes. Steph Curry has made a living coming off a pick & roll, passing to the wing, getting a screen & sprinting to the corner to hit a wide open 3. That's not happening in Lakerland these days, a lot of Lonzo's long range shots are coming after another Laker puts on a dribbling exhibition for 18 seconds & passes to Lonzo with less than 5 seconds on the shot clock
Admittedly, I haven't seen many of his games in the NBA. I was more impressed by the other rookie on that team. Kuzma.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Admittedly, I haven't seen many of his games in the NBA. I was more impressed by the other rookie on that team. Kuzma.
I probably wouldn't watch much either, but these fast paced teams with young talent are people I roster a lot on DFS. I think Lonzo's biggest problem is he'll pass the ball right after he crosses the half court line to a player in a better position to attack the defense, only problem is that person doesn't have the basketball IQ to see what he's seeing & ends up holding the ball & after some fruitless passing Lonzo gets it back late in the clock, which isn't optimal. His shooting motion isn't consistent either, some of that is where the clock is & some of that is he's not being utilized in the correct way with defense crowding him. His shooting mechanics look ugly & won't work with a defender near him, but there've been good shooters who've worked around that, like Kevin Martin.

Kuzma is great, but Brandon Ingram shows some flashes that make me think he'll be an MVP on day. I still think that Lonzo is the NBA version on Wayne Gretzky, he sees what's going to happen before anyone else. If Lebron & some other high IQ vets come next year he may set records on assists & be at the very least average on his FG%

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
When I coach kids, I work on their form during practice but, during games, I never mention it. I always tell them, "Any shot that goes in is a good shot." That's my nice way of saying, "If you take an ugly shot in a game, it better go in." LOL

It would be extremely dangerous to try to change Ball's shooting form at this stage. His dad should've corrected it like 15 years ago.
I started a good book from a lifelong coach, Basketball is Jazz by David Thorpe. Not sure how much you are coaching but it's been great so far, it's free if you have amazon prime

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Some PG shoot off of a ball screen, but the higher % shot generally is off the catch. In today's NBA, ball screens mostly are used to get the screener open either on the roll or popping out for a 3 when his man hedges or traps, or to force the defense to switch creating a mismatch.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I can't believe that no one made the obvious joke that Lavar took his Ball and went home.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Ball has his 2 youngest sons heading to Lithuania to play pro ball.

I'm sure those kids are going to love Lithuania over Los Angeles and the UCLA campus. This shit just keeps getting better.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Can't understand how you send 2 kids overseas like this. Especially with the older brother looking out for the younger one. Should work out just fine.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Can't understand how you send 2 kids overseas like this. Especially with the older brother looking out for the younger one. Should work out just fine.
I give it about a month. If that.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
I'm impressed with Lonzos play tonight in New York. Kid is pushing the pace and hitting some good shots.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
The guy just wants money. It's as simple as that. He doesn't seem to grasp reality, the big picture, and what will be best for his kids and their future. He is living in the live for today mindset. Essentially he is tripping over dollars to pick up pennies, and it's at his kids' expense.