Lawler Diaz 2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Is this possible within the next couple of Lawler title defenses or if Lawler gets knocked off the throne.......as Nick wants big fights only and this observer would love to see them fight again

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think it's very possible and I would love to see it.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Nick is probably facing a year long suspension next. This fight could happen but seems very far off right now. Lawler would have to drop in the rankings first and I think he would probably retire then. I don't see him as wanting to just hang around when he is no longer relevant.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

i think Nick is going to retire with a long suspension, Sonnen got 2 years and the NSAC dislikes nick because of his previous lawsuit

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
If alves wins a few..it could get Interesting cuz they are team mates...

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I suppose I hope/dream that diaz has some sort of exemption that is legit/credible.

M

Robbie Hart;n21967 said:
I suppose I hope/dream that diaz has some sort of exemption that is legit/credible.
a TUE must be aquired beforehand, so that's a no go

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I would love to see the fight but i think Nick has to win a few fights first to get a title shot yet again.

He had that shot against Condit lost the interm. fought GSP for ww belt, lost. fought Anderson Silva bypassing all other MW's, no contest with the drug results, gets popped for weed again.. not sure if they would give him the title shot again based on that.

I want to see Nick Diaz vs Rory Mcdonald. That would be a fun fight to watch.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
Morpheus1976;n21945 said:
i think Nick is going to retire with a long suspension, Sonnen got 2 years and the NSAC dislikes nick because of his previous lawsuit
sadly, something close to this.

would love to see the fight though.

Rico_Cutler

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
It would be absolutely ridiculous if they give Nick a 2 year suspension for weed. Especially considering they gave Bones nothing for snorting coke. Yes I know they were two different tests but both of them did drugs OOC. One drug just happens to stay in your system 30x longer than the other.

I dont expect to see Diaz vs Lawler until after Lawler loses the belt.

M

Rico_Cutler;n22110 said:
It would be absolutely ridiculous if they give Nick a 2 year suspension for weed. Especially considering they gave Bones nothing for snorting coke. Yes I know they were two different tests but both of them did drugs OOC. One drug just happens to stay in your system 30x longer than the other.

I dont expect to see Diaz vs Lawler until after Lawler loses the belt.
its his third failed drugstest for weed, the might send him to rehab.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
You know damn well that Lawler wants revenge for that fight. I'm pretty sure that's the only time Robbies been KO'D. And by a Stockton slap? I'd want to avenge that loss.

I remember years ago watching an EliteXC promo I think it was and Diaz was fighting. He said something along the lines of "I can't go to the gas station to fill up my car without someone asking me about knocking out Robbie Lawler".

M

teamquestnorth;n22289 said:
You know damn well that Lawler wants revenge for that fight. I'm pretty sure that's the only time Robbies been KO'D. And by a Stockton slap? I'd want to avenge that loss.

I remember years ago watching an EliteXC promo I think it was and Diaz was fighting. He said something along the lines of "I can't go to the gas station to fill up my car without someone asking me about knocking out Robbie Lawler".
when Lawler came back into the UFC, i talked about this rematch, but now the chance seems so far gone.

Milt

Jan 20, 2015
Does the athletic commission have to come down hard on Nick?

Between Med states and it being outright legal in 5 others, is it unreasonable to hope for a watershed moment here?
It's not like Nick was high during fight. Even if he was its not performance enhancing and no other fighters or fans give a shit.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Milt;n23080 said:
Does the athletic commission have to come down hard on Nick?

Between Med states and it being outright legal in 5 others, is it unreasonable to hope for a watershed moment here?
It's not like Nick was high during fight. Even if he was its not performance enhancing and no other fighters or fans give a shit.
It would be a good chance for them to get some good press. Something sorely lacking lately for the NAC. Maybe they will see it that way, but it is doubtful when they have $ in their eyes.