Lawler favorite fighters are the tough ones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Robbie Lawler loves to watch Israel Adesanya, Dustin Poirier and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I can appreciate their toughness’

Former UFC welterweight champ Robbie Lawler lists his favorite fighters to watch in the Octagon.

By Lewis Mckeever@Mckeever89 Jul 24, 2019, 6:30pm EDTComplex in a recent interview

Lawler, the former UFC welterweight champion, listed Israel Adesanya, Dustin Poirier and Jorge Masvidal as his three favorite fighters to watch compete in the Octagon.

“I like watching the ‘Stylebender’ fight,” Lawler said, per Abhinav Kini of The Body Lock MMA. “He’s a clean striker. Off the top of my head, I like watching Dustin Poirier fight. I love watching Masvidal fight.

“Pretty much guys that I know that I can appreciate their toughness. Because there’s more to fighting than techniques. You can learn techniques but when push comes to shove, who are you as a fighter? If you stripped all your skills away, all your techniques, all your strength, are you still a fighter or are you going to puss out?”

continued,

Robbie Lawler loves to watch Israel Adesanya, Dustin Poirier and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I can appreciate their toughness’

Big John checking on him before the last round of the MacDonald fight

d

It'll be a sad day when he retires.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
surprised he didn't mention Gaethje...Robs my old homie we were managed by chas bowling and The Monte Cox...I was maybe 19 with him at a kotc after party in indianapolis where ufc vet Johnny reese for the second straight time backed out against me ...Rob knocked dude cold with a flying knee in the main event...Swear on everything we ate 3 platters of meat balls on a stick and thought we would get fancy and order 2 bottle waters... the waitress comes bk with the 2 glass foreign to us bottles (voss) water and says that'll be 16 dollars! we both looked like homie that just got flying kneed by the way we went into shock..I then told her I'm good on that and rob said nvm too...I told the waitress I didn't wanna have to take out a small loan for bottled water and she laughed in a condescending you broke bastards type of way... and that's the night In September 2005 We discovered Voss water and it ws well above our pay grade! And yes I was fanboying on the inside cuz I ws a huge Lawler fan and he was 1 the reasons I wanted to fight MMA...but being the fat lil rotten fk I am, I played it cool and even ws instructed by rob to slow down on the meatballs cuz he couldn't keep up and wanted his due.. and I without hesitation listened to my orders from Mr.Lawler

Last edited:

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
surprised he didn't mention Gaethje...Robs my old homie we were managed by chas bowling and The Monte Cox...I was maybe 19 with him at a kotc after party in indianapolis where ufc vet Johnny reese for the second straight time backed out against me ...Rob knocked dude cold with a flying knee in the main event...Swear on everything we ate 3 platters of meat balls on a stick and thought we would get fancy and order 2 bottle waters... the waitress comes bk with the 2 glass foreign to us bottles (voss) water and says that'll be 16 dollars! we both looked like homie that just got flying kneed by the way we went into shock..I then told her I'm good on that and rob said nvm too...I told the waitress I didn't wanna have to take out a small loan for bottled water and she laughed in a condescending you broke bastards type of way... and that's the night In September 2005 We discovered Voss water and it ws well above our pay grade! And yes I was fanboying on the inside cuz I ws a huge Lawler fan and he was 1 the reasons I wanted to fight MMA...but being the fat lil rotten fk I am, I played it cool and even ws instructed by rob to slow down on the meatballs cuz he couldn't keep up and wanted his due.. and I without hesitation listened to my orders from Mr.Lawler
(Not saying you're lying; I completely believe you.)
According to wiki, Robbie won a fight in September of 2005 by armbar.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
That’s hilarious, you had me at “surprised”

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
he landed a flying knee that hurt him with 100% certain..I swore he finished him with by tko but I had 2 go look at the finish myself I forgot he ended up subbing him.. That was almost 15 years ago and I got a great memory but I honestly forgot he subbed him after the knee..dude was fkd up from the knee I remember that's what stands out in my memory about that fight..I def remember verbatim our meatball feast and water incident lol but give me credit on even remembering the month and year it happened..I obviously didn't go bk and look at the month and year or event if I forgot the exact finish..I promise he hit brown with a nasty flying knee and hurt him.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
and that fight was in indianapolis indiana at sports complex down town Indy.

Last edited:

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015

found it..i knew he landed a big knee.
just forgot it lead to arm bar after

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
he landed a flying knee that hurt him with 100% certain..I swore he finished him with by tko but I had 2 go look at the finish myself I forgot he ended up subbing him.. That was almost 15 years ago and I got a great memory but I honestly forgot he subbed him after the knee..dude was fkd up from the knee I remember that's what stands out in my memory about that fight..I def remember verbatim our meatball feast and water incident lol but give me credit on even remembering the month and year it happened..I obviously didn't go bk and look at the month and year or event if I forgot the exact finish..I promise he hit brown with a nasty flying knee and hurt him.
I completely believe you. 15 years is a long time. It's an awesome story.