Lawler vs Askren - What's the feeling around here?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

it depends on Lawler's foot speed imo.
We know he has the better hands so as long as he can maintain distance and scramble he should be able to put Askren away in 2-4 minutes.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I've got some serious virtual coin on this one, so...

I don't want either to lose though.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Also, Lawler needs to jump ship and go fight Chris Lytle in bareknucke boxing.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Lawler shouldn't try to take down Askren.

Even if he does, Ben ain't pulling guard to finish a sub. He'd just counter the TD, put Robbie on his ass, and start GNPing like always. Maybe hit a late sub after wearing him down for a few rounds with TDs and GNP.

OTOH, I never thought I'd see Tito and Chael do that either. MMA is full of surprises.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
i hope robbie smashes ben asschin before he can take him down and dry hump him without causing any damage for the rest of the fight
If it goes to the ground, expect Ben to slap him around like he did Koreshkov.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I've probably trained less than 30 hours of wrestling, I don't know how many hours I've trained striking and jiu jitsu and even though I like stand up and jiu jitsu more, I 100% believe that wrestling is the most important aspect in fighting. It controls where the fight goes and this for sure favors Askren. I don't train much wrestling b/c I was advised anyone starting wrestling over 30 should not train like the high school kids but I jumped in some classes and that shit is so fatiguing as well as hard on the legs. I prefer the easier shit lol

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Knockout or Leg Fucking.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I am also a proponent of Dana setting this fight up in hopes of Robbie knocking Ben's head off and sending him away discredited. I think Robbie has a good chance of doing that too because I don't feel that Ben is as good at MMA wrestling as many think. And he is not the kind of sub guy Jake or MayheM were/are so I don't know about a possible sub. I would rather have seen a different fight because this on ends in sadness for me either way. I don't want to see Ben lose his first UFC fight because he is an entertaining fuck and I don't want to see Robbie ever lose - period...

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Robbie has good takedown defence, sprawls hard. If he can do that in the centre and avoid the chain take downs againat the cage, he can definitely piece him up standing.

That said I see a wrestle fuck coming.