VID Lawler vs Diaz 2: Countdown

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Found it interesting how much more at peace, and happier, Nick seems to be. Also seems more well spoken.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkujsUAU1rk
Yeah, that was a good episode. Love seeing the soft side of Nick. He is so much better in a 1:1 interview like that than a promotional press event. It’s like that is the version Nick when he isn’t overwhelmed by social anxiety - the real version.

Also, good to see you in Cageside brother. Been a while.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He is comfortable talking infront of a camera now
Hmnnnn

Always been a big fan of Nick

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015

209 baby if he wins this we can coin the term..

The unstoppable well spoken nick diaz

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
so nate is younger, but his career is about over, past his prime, losing often

nick hasnt been fighting, not sure how much sparring hes been doin, but hes been partying alot

does nick have more left in him than nate at this point?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
How about I flatline you?
Are you allowed out of your apartment?
I'm unfamiliar with waivers also.
I'm in a land of CHAZ, CHOP, lawlessness & mutual combat.
If I put my hand up on your hip, then I dip you dip we dip.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
so nate is younger, but his career is about over, past his prime, losing often

nick hasnt been fighting, not sure how much sparring hes been doin, but hes been partying alot

does nick have more left in him than nate at this point?
You never know
Could pull a come back

T

The Big Guy

mutual combat.
If I put my hand up on your hip, then I dip you dip we dip.
I've always been intrested in this. I've seen a few videos of fights with police watching
I'm just gonna ask you a bunch of random questions

Can we just scrap one on one or do we gotta get a cop to referee?
What ruleset are we going with? It seems to be kickboxing with no time limit?
Do people need permission to film?
Would you fight me for fun after a few beers?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I've always been intrested in this. I've seen a few videos of fights with police watching

You weren’t asked. If you want to get obliterated, feel free to call, LIV wannabe

T

The Big Guy

You weren’t asked. If you want to get obliterated, feel free to call, LIV wannabe
I didnt even know liv existed until this place

I'll meet you wherever you want ya old cunt

I'll put you in a full nelson and kick your balls from behind

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
I like Michael Jackson zipper jacket on the old dude. Especially like his bug eyes after throwing the punch.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Anyone can scrap anyone anytime for any reason, but if it's over and there are witnesses, you can get busted for serious injury if it occurs and if the assailant is caught.
So, a real crime.

I don't think I'd fight anyone for "fun", but after a few beers anything can happen.
The older I get, even after excessive drinks, the more I remember nursing a black ankle, popped knee, busted up knuckles or back.
I was raised this way, everyone just fought.
The idea that this is an "illegal" thing anywhere is just weird to me.
There are no waivers, or permission slips or excuses to hide behind, you either step out or walk with your tail between your legs.
Often, at least with me, words weren't even spoken. It's just a look & an understanding and somebody throws first, fast and hard barrage.
This is how people learn to stfu before yapping.
Rules are unwritten but can't be counted on, every time anyone with a brain fights I highly suggest you be ready to die. And not like UFC fighters who say "I'm ready to die in there Saturday night", but actually prepared, because if you get ko'd by the wrong group, they will curb stomp you into a coma.
Most people don't go for the nuts or scratch, pretty much just the initial first rules of the UFC like in 5 or 6, no ripping peoples faces off and biting. If that happens then whoever's doing it just raised the bar to a deathmatch.

As far as nut shots, and since we're derailing, I once got busted in the nuts so bad I thought I'd never have kids again, this guy wanted to kill me. It ended in a stalemate where I had control & told him to "run home" and he did, as I worked through half a dozen blunt trauma shots half ko'd, played it off as there are no time-outs.
But I sat in the bathtub for hours, and I mean hours, and hours, and hours. Cold water hot water cold water...

Street fights mean street injuries.
16322523429358458722494567995154.jpg

If you put this under a black light you'd see about 200 splits, same with the left.
Glancing blows mean asphalt, so you practice on steel doors until your knuckles mushroom.

Usually these are recorded by someone these days.
Someone somewhere has some footage of me floating around. My dad has one of me & my older brother somewhere, that was bad because I split his face open. Afterward he was still angry because he was crushed & he kept yapping and his face kept tearing open more up to his nose.
We've seen injuries like this in mma where flesh is just hanging, it's not attractive.

*edit* From what I've heard on this website, vutu & galt understand this mentality, and probably plenty of others, especially ex-cons.

Last edited:

Uncle Krow

Jul 25, 2021
Yep you either shut up or get done up. The more they talk, the less they wanna fight. Waivers, talk of rules past 2 or 3 sentences, or any other yapping is just another way of saying , "Im scared to fight and want to find a way out". Any time you start screaming or yelling like a woman, get too close to a man while arguing, insult him in a dishonorable way that calls his manhood into question, or some other mixture of these three or other similar things which cross the unspoken line opens you up to start to get beat down with absolutely no warning necessary. Like Spark said, all it really takes is the wrong kind of look into another man's eyes and a head nod and now you are fighting, not a fucking word from that point on, you should know and if you dont, you're gonna learn something about what it really means to be a man that day.

The rules are mostly determined in the moment and if you start doing shit like biting, gouging eyes, kneeing to the groin, you've just said ,"ok, i accept that now its fair game to do the same to me and also to bounce my head off the pavement or kick my face to pieces or kick my teeth out after im unconscious". Most decent men, depending on the circumstances, will have a clean, honorable fight and, even if they lose, will keep it dignified so that it stays within bounds and someone doesn't die.

T

The Big Guy

Anyone can scrap anyone anytime for any reason, but if it's over and there are witnesses, you can get busted for serious injury if it occurs and if the assailant is caught.
So, a real crime.

I don't think I'd fight anyone for "fun", but after a few beers anything can happen.
The older I get, even after excessive drinks, the more I remember nursing a black ankle, popped knee, busted up knuckles or back.
I was raised this way, everyone just fought.
The idea that this is an "illegal" thing anywhere is just weird to me.
There are no waivers, or permission slips or excuses to hide behind, you either step out or walk with your tail between your legs.
Often, at least with me, words weren't even spoken. It's just a look & an understanding and somebody throws first, fast and hard barrage.
This is how people learn to stfu before yapping.
Rules are unwritten but can't be counted on, every time anyone with a brain fights I highly suggest you be ready to die. And not like UFC fighters who say "I'm ready to die in there Saturday night", but actually prepared, because if you get ko'd by the wrong group, they will curb stomp you into a coma.
Most people don't go for the nuts or scratch, pretty much just the initial first rules of the UFC like in 5 or 6, no ripping peoples faces off and biting. If that happens then whoever's doing it just raised the bar to a deathmatch.

As far as nut shots, and since we're derailing, I once got busted in the nuts so bad I thought I'd never have kids again, this guy wanted to kill me. It ended in a stalemate where I had control & told him to "run home" and he did, as I worked through half a dozen blunt trauma shots half ko'd, played it off as there are no time-outs.
But I sat in the bathtub for hours, and I mean hours, and hours, and hours. Cold water hot water cold water...

Street fights mean street injuries.
View attachment 47013

If you put this under a black light you'd see about 200 splits, same with the left.
Glancing blows mean asphalt, so you practice on steel doors until your knuckles mushroom.

Usually these are recorded by someone these days.
Someone somewhere has some footage of me floating around. My dad has one of me & my older brother somewhere, that was bad because I split his face open. Afterward he was still angry because he was crushed & he kept yapping and his face kept tearing open more up to his nose.
We've seen injuries like this in mma where flesh is just hanging, it's not attractive.

*edit* From what I've heard on this website, vutu & galt understand this mentality, and probably plenty of others, especially ex-cons.
I love you

Uncle Krow

Jul 25, 2021
And while we are getting all philosophical in here, id like to bring the two things together and mention that saying the Diaz brothers have social anxiety is completely wrong. They aren't fucking trust fund children or kiddies raised by nickelodeon and the rainbow agenda; they raised themselves in a world of contention with little to no guidance. They've seen a lot of lives lost, a lot of contention, a lot of pain and hatred, a lot of bad things. They learned to be mistrustful of life, of God, of humanity, by all the misfortune they've had and seen others close to them have.

Look at Nates eyes in that picture, hes maybe 8 years old, but you're not looking at the eyes of a child.

Then they grow up in a filthy business like professional fighting that is infested with whores, liars, pimps, leeches, and cowards like Dana who will do anything to manipulate and use every last bit of your life passion and blood to make a dollar but would never have the guts to fight another man himself. It makes for an angry, hateful, resentful outlook on life. When those boys would talk to reporters or promoters or any other fake person from the industry, they aren't being socially fearful, they are trying to see where the fucking knife is coming from to stab them in the back.

Im beyond glad to see Nick have some apparent levity in these interviews. I think the recognition he has gotten, largely due to his brothers mainstream success as of late, and his time away from all the fight bullshit for a couple years has done him a service in allowing him to see some of the good in life. He even mentioned how he didn't realize having such a hard childhood was a blessing and an advantage over others; that is wisdom. without gaining that, he would have destroyed himself further with the anger. He even mentioned wanting to be respectful, that is spiritual and emotional growth.

I dont give a fuck if he never wins a single round again, i just don't want to see a broken man, and it makes me happy to see a human moving past the traumas of life.

War diaz.