VID Lawler vs Diaz 2: Countdown

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
And while we are getting all philosophical in here, id like to bring the two things together and mention that saying the Diaz brothers have social anxiety is completely wrong. They aren't fucking trust fund children or kiddies raised by nickelodeon and the rainbow agenda; they raised themselves in a world of contention with little to no guidance. They've seen a lot of lives lost, a lot of contention, a lot of pain and hatred, a lot of bad things. They learned to be mistrustful of life, of God, of humanity, by all the misfortune they've had and seen others close to them have.

Look at Nates eyes in that picture, hes maybe 8 years old, but you're not looking at the eyes of a child.

Then they grow up in a filthy business like professional fighting that is infested with whores, liars, pimps, leeches, and cowards like Dana who will do anything to manipulate and use every last bit of your life passion and blood to make a dollar but would never have the guts to fight another man himself. It makes for an angry, hateful, resentful outlook on life. When those boys would talk to reporters or promoters or any other fake person from the industry, they aren't being socially fearful, they are trying to see where the fucking knife is coming from to stab them in the back.

Im beyond glad to see Nick have some apparent levity in these interviews. I think the recognition he has gotten, largely due to his brothers mainstream success as of late, and his time away from all the fight bullshit for a couple years has done him a service in allowing him to see some of the good in life. He even mentioned how he didn't realize having such a hard childhood was a blessing and an advantage over others; that is wisdom. without gaining that, he would have destroyed himself further with the anger. He even mentioned wanting to be respectful, that is spiritual and emotional growth.

I dont give a fuck if he never wins a single round again, i just don't want to see a broken man, and it makes me happy to see a human moving past the traumas of life.

War diaz.
I remember watching Nate talk about how they'd go train as kids just so some of the older guys would buy them a burrito because they were so poor they had no food. They even had a bed sheet covering the entrance to their house where the door would normally go...

Uncle Krow

Jul 25, 2021
I hope Diaz wins and calls out Masvidal.
I dont think he will and not sure if he should. It would marginalize his brother, like he can't handle his own battles. I think they both hold that sentiment, given a few comments I've heard from them and how nate talked about the gsp matchup back in the day. I may be completely wrong though

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Vet move. I bet a member of one camp approached a member of the other and inquired how the weight cut was going. They figured out both guys were struggling and agreed to move the fight up a class.
At this point I could see them bumping into each other at the hotel and just bitching about how much they hate cutting but love the rest of it and just decided that they didn't want to cut.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Stopped himself short of saying he only took the fight for money. "I'll just take my licks."

wtf?!?

Uncle Krow

Jul 25, 2021
Very interesting interview for many reasons. I dont think its as bad of a portent as you guys may, fake confidence is the worst thing a man can have going into the cage. We will see though. Good luck to both men, may the best man win without any serious injuries.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Was just going to post this.

He looks like an old, out of shape alcoholic who has hardly set foot in the gym these last 10 years. Let's be real, if this was someone other than Nick Diaz, half the forum would be posting Ronda Rousey boxing gifs and suggesting her as a suitable matchup/asking if she's his boxing coach.

??

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Vet move. I bet a member of one camp approached a member of the other and inquired how the weight cut was going. They figured out both guys were struggling and agreed to move the fight up a class.

It’s been a typical Diaz fight week, meaning one where it’s best to expect the unexpected. It started early this time, with a request coming out by the Diaz camp to change the fight from a five-round welterweight bout to a five-round middleweight bout.

UFC president Dana White granted Diaz his request for a middleweight bout after talking to Lawler on Wednesday when Lawler arrived in Las Vegas. Lawler, who told White he weighed 182 when he arrived, didn’t care and agreed to it.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I’m not worried about the speed. Nick Diaz isn’t a nerd who jumps around and throws kill shots for the camera. He hates being there and is putting as little effort in as he can. Even if he has lost some speed, he’ll still be faster than Lawler.