Le said he would have fought for Bellator

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
In a wide-ranging interview with Dave Meltzer of MMA Fighting, Le talked about his last UFC fight (a TKO loss to Michael Bisping, being mistreated by the UFC, and much, much more.

One of the more interesting points is that he had two fights left on his UFC contract, but the UFC wouldn't let him out of his deal. And he likely would have gone somewhere else if they had:

"I knew if I didn't knock him (Bisping) out, I'd probably be knocked out because I wouldn't see what was coming," he says. "I put my life on the line and they threw me under the bus. I'd have fought for [Bellator CEO] Scott [Coker] if they had let me out of my contract."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/2/8/...tract-mma-news

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
The way the UFC handled the HGH debacle, they shat all over Le and his legacy, this isn't very surprising. It is a shame that there is no recourse for fighters who want out of contracts, except perhaps buy themselves out? That is just a guess and realistically, who is going to have enough money to buy themselves out of it, especially when your worth to the company is more than you are getting paid, probably substantially more. It ends up with situations like this and Wanderlei, guys who are trapped and unable to fight and earn a living.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
^^^ Yet BLAF had the balls to rant about guys not being able to get out of Bellator contracts. Ridiculous.