General learn how to play guitar with me!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Any of you use super glue on your fingers? I usually play on and off throughout the and still find my fingers hurting after a while, but I wanna keep going. Came across that on a guitar forum. Tried it and I was able to keep playing around for other couple hours.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Any of you use super glue on your fingers? I usually play on and off throughout the and still find my fingers hurting after a while, but I wanna keep going. Came across that on a guitar forum. Tried it and I was able to keep playing around for other couple hours.
You playing electric or acoustic?

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Better off just building calluses.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Better off just building calluses.
There definitely coming in. I just really enjoy messing with the guitar and will randomly do finger exercises, stretches, etc and it can be hell on them. On top of practicing chords and songs. Literally I could be going shit and have to stop and play.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
There definitely coming in. I just really enjoy messing with the guitar and will randomly do finger exercises, stretches, etc and it can be hell on them. On top of practicing chords and songs. Literally I could be going shit and have to stop and play.
Nice, I am the same, although I rarely actually play anything, I just plink or strum away at what ever feels good.

I haven't been playing a lot the last while though, need to buy a new guitar as well.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Have a PRS Angelus acoustic electric and an Epiphone Dot. Guy in my neighborhood suggested changing out the PRS strings with Ernie Ball acoustic electric strings

When you are starting don't do what I did, a high action with metal strings, fingers were absolutely fucked at first, puts you off if anything.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
When you are starting don't do what I did, a high action with metal strings, fingers were absolutely fucked at first, puts you off if anything.
Yea I find I can tolerate the strings on the PRS more than the Dots, though the Dot is easier to play. Both are gonna get new strings and I’m rewiring the Dot to 50’s wiring. Was very impressed with the Dot overall. The Alnico humbuckers sound good enough for me. I’m really not to where I would notice doing new pots and pups

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Yea I find I can tolerate the strings on the PRS more than the Dots, though the Dot is easier to play. Both are gonna get new strings and I’m rewiring the Dot to 50’s wiring. Was very impressed with the Dot overall. The Alnico humbuckers sound good enough for me. I’m really not to where I would notice doing new pots and pups

You're already beyond me brother, my guitar has a hole in it.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Yea the cherry red. It’s actually the studio dot, so one tone and volume. No inlays on the fret board. Everything else the same as the regular Dot
I've long wanted a 335 dot. First time I walked into a music store and saw one with bright cherry with that binding. Man, what a beautiful guitar. Nothing wrong with the studio, just wasn't a thing in the mid 90s. I'll probably bring one home one day, but I find Fenders suit me better so I've ended up with a few of those instead.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Oh, and I'm in the early stages of putting together 2 different varieties of partscasters, because I'm dumb.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
My cousin does this gay ass shit, video games to teach him new songs lol. I'm like, what happened to learning by ear or even tab? Oh well. Some people are just born to suck at guitar forever

Here's my new axe if anyone cares. I like to show it off whenever I have the chance

1592049748756.png

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
My cousin does this gay ass shit, video games to teach him new songs lol. I'm like, what happened to learning by ear or even tab? Oh well. Some people are just born to suck at guitar forever

Here's my new axe if anyone cares. I like to show it off whenever I have the chance

View attachment 7182
The Rocksmith game is fun, but I couldn’t see using it to really learn.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
The fingertips on my left hand could survive a nuclear bomb at this point.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I've been working outside all day so fuck off with the "your hands are dirty, bro" comments.