General Let’s talk about Babe Ruth

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

From Robert Weintraub’s book The House That Ruth Built, it’s pretty clear Babe enjoyed his time in Boston. Within months of moving to the city he married a young waitress by the name of Helen Woodford. But when he was traded to the New York Yankees, all hell broke loose (in his bed). His wife and he separated thanks to Ruth’s nonstop cheating. According to Weintraub, “[Ruth] generally preferred prostitutes, because he had neither the time nor the inclination to court properly.”

Weintraub points out this gem as well: One time, Ruth brought a girl back to the hotel room he shared on the road with a teammate. The next morning, his roommate asked how many times they’d actually gotten it on. “Count the cigars,” said Ruth. There were seven butts.

Ruth talked about his bat (his OTHER bat) constantly, and used it as a measuring stick for just about everything in his life. At one party, he reportedly got on top of a piano and shouted, “OK, girls, anyone who does not want to get fucked now can leave!” Not exactly discreet.

Ruth brushed with death a few times. A woman chased him through a crowded train, brandishing a knife, because he had cheated on her. A man with a gun chased a naked Ruth out of a hotel in Detroit, after Ruth slept with his wife. And in 1925, he missed part of the season with “The Bellyache Heard ’Round The World,” which was almost certainly a combination of poor diet and a TON of syphilis.

One night, he had sex with every single prostitute in a St. Louis brothel. Every. Single. One. That’s what you do when you can’t choose.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
In 1921 when he hit 59 dingers, the next closest guy in the majors had 24.

He hit for a .378 average that year.

And he fucked a lot of women.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
An unrepentant womanizer, bless him

Although Ruth was married throughout most of his baseball career, when team co-owner Tillinghast 'Cap' Huston asked him to tone down his lifestyle, the player said, "I'll promise to go easier on drinking and to get to bed earlier, but not for you, fifty thousand dollars, or two-hundred and fifty thousand dollars will I give up women. They're too much fun".[203] A detective that the Yankees hired to follow him one night in Chicago reported that Ruth had been with six women. Ping Bodie said that he was not Ruth's roommate while traveling; "I room with his suitcase".[120]

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
One night, he had sex with every single prostitute in a St. Louis brothel. Every. Single. One. That’s what you do when you can’t choose.
Story of my life.

There comes a time when you gotta grow up & put that all behind you, otherwise your teenage years are going to be hellacious.