General Let the Boys Fight: Why Anti-Bullying Policies Fail and Why Fighting May Be the Answer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Let the Boys Fight: Why Anti-Bullying Policies Fail and Why Fighting May Be the Answer

Not that I'm a fan of bullies, but I thought it was a bit creepy to see adults getting involved in child squabbles.
There's nothing that stops bullying better than knuckles on a chin. Maybe we should be teaching out kids to stand up for themselves. If we sanitize everything too much, perhaps it doesn't prepare them well for the real world, which as we know can be a tough place.

But maybe I'm wrong. What do you think? As always I'm interested in hearing what KWingJitsu @KWingJitsu thinks about all this.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Let the Boys Fight: Why Anti-Bullying Policies Fail and Why Fighting May Be the Answer

Not that I'm a fan of bullies, but I thought it was a bit creepy to see adults getting involved in child squabbles.
There's nothing that stops bullying better than knuckles on a chin. Maybe we should be teaching out kids to stand up for themselves. If we sanitize everything too much, perhaps it doesn't prepare them well for the real world, which as we know can be a tough place.

But maybe I'm wrong. What do you think? As always I'm interested in hearing what KWingJitsu @KWingJitsu thinks about all this.
I totally agree. How are these kids going to learn coping skills?

We also keep raising the age limit on things? Aren't we moving backwards?

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I shit you not, my friend got an email from her daughter's second grade teacher. She said that she received a complaint from another parent that her daughter would not play with this woman's daughter. The girls had previously been friends but had a falling out.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
She said that she received a complaint from another parent that her daughter would not play with this woman's daughter. The girls had previously been friends but had a falling out.
I had to go this anti-bullying seminar for work, and this lady said that leaving people out of your plans is an aggressive form of bullying. So you're not allowed to choose who you hang out with anymore without being labelled a bully. If you and your friends are going to lunch, you have to invite that weird kid that masturbates in the back of the class and bites people, otherwise you're a bully! What a bizarro world!

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
As far as bullying at school, the system often recognizes boys bullying or girl on girl, but ignore girls bullying boys. And it happens more often than ever. Both of my boys have had girls try to bully them. They can't really complain or they will be seen as weak. And they can't beat them up.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I had to go this anti-bullying seminar for work, and this lady said that leaving people out of your plans is an aggressive form of bullying. So you're not allowed to choose who you hang out with anymore without being labelled a bully. If you and your friends are going to lunch, you have to invite that weird kid that masturbates in the back of the class and bites people, otherwise you're a bully! What a bizarro world!
We aren't creating well balanced, productive members of society with this type of shit.

Last edited:

blas4ublasphemy

Oct 25, 2015
Fights between preteens rarely produce serious injuries, let them bang bro. I grew up as a little savage in the 80's and we considered anything that didn't require a hospital visit minor.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
I shit you not, my friend got an email from her daughter's second grade teacher. She said that she received a complaint from another parent that her daughter would not play with this woman's daughter.
WTF? If she means playing outside of school, then tell her to stay in her lane.

Every parent in my son's 6th grade class got an email from the vice principal tell us that she had a meeting with the entire class to address "bullying and saying hurtful things." None of the boys knew WTF she was talking about, so my first question was, "Does this have anything to do with any of the boys, or is it just the same 2 lonely girls who have been causing problems for the past 2 years?" Turns out, it was the same 2 girls, so I told the boys that they can go back to calling each other bitches and gays.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
I know someone who knuckled up and he got charged with assault. Guy's (bully) dad was a cop and tried to get guy I know (victim) punished to the full extent of the law. No broken bones or anything but I think black eyes were had. Money spent on a lawyer and one mommy devastated later, charges were dropped because fight was result of racist bullying but was told it took much trouble to deal with than it was worth to punch out bully. So I'm not sure this is the sounded advice.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Lol
This is what happens when you let women make decisions. Don't dodge the truth.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I know someone who knuckled up and he got charged with assault. Guy's (bully) dad was a cop and tried to get guy I know (victim) punished to the full extent of the law. No broken bones or anything but I think black eyes were had. Money spent on a lawyer and one mommy devastated later, charges were dropped because fight was result of racist bullying but was told it took much trouble to deal with than it was worth to punch out bully. So I'm not sure this is the sounded advice.
I'll punch you out.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I wouldn't hit you back.

Hitting is for people with low self control, hence why it's always men and a few odd ball women with mental problems assaulting people.
You wouldn't hit back because you'd be unconscious.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
You wouldn't hit back because you'd be unconscious.
I wouldn't hit period. Never hit anyone all this time and quite a few times I've been very mad enough to do it but I never feel resort to hitting.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
That's because yous a pussy.
No I'm very good at verbal judo.

I know my English sucks but I'm great at using words to counter any dude's wrath. So while he might be tipping over with physical rage I'm cool and calm as can be.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
As far as bullying at school, the system often recognizes boys bullying or girl on girl, but ignore girls bullying boys. And it happens more often than ever. Both of my boys have had girls try to bully them. They can't really complain or they will be seen as weak. And they can't beat them up.
Little girls are mean as fuck. For a while it was just me and my mom and she would preach this constantly.