Society Let's Talk About The Community Standards

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I'm curious as to why members are leaving or being made to leave, the forum has become an uncomfortable place to be lately because of it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'm curious as to why members are leaving or being made to leave, the forum has become an uncomfortable place to be lately because of it.
One guy who spent most of the last 2 years pissing all over the community standards finally got banned. Some people liked that he was an asshole and got upset about it. The end.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
One guy who spent most of the last 2 years pissing all over the community standards finally got banned. Some people liked that he was an asshole and got upset about it. The end.
I'm glad it was so easy to wrap up for the people you knew for a long time here.
Somehow I gave more of a shit.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
People make their own decisions on what they want to do. Whether I like them or not is irrelevant.
I know it isn't personal to you.

Just weird to me to watch a community I've been part of for maybe five minutes go through such turbulence, and lose some generally well liked posters.
I hate to see infighting and people feeling badly enough about it to leave for good.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
lose some generally well liked posters.
we have lost some generally well-liked members, and it sucks. Leigh @Leigh, @Lars, Priziesthorse @Priziesthorse...@Splinty?

but it all started over one person with several accounts who could shit wherever they wanted because a couple mods/admins thought it was funny...mostly because that person made it a point to suck up to them and never smear shit on their stuff.

when that person got banned for that, after years of pinkings/"banning"/"rage quitting" drama, people took it as a sign their ideology was more or less welcome here.

but really, if you're ideology centers around discussing things with friends and strangers while maintaining mutual respect, then it's the same place it ever was.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
By the way, Wild @Wild I'd like to point out a couple things.

1) We need more moderators than just you.
2) Moderators, even the most handsome admin, shouldn't be moderating their own interactions. It's a huge and obvious conflict of interest. If a moderator thinks someone is trolling them, they should report the interaction just like anyone else would.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
By the way, Wild @Wild I'd like to point out a couple things.

1) We need more moderators than just you.
2) Moderators, even the most handsome admin, shouldn't be moderating their own interactions. It's a huge and obvious conflict of interest. If a moderator thinks someone is trolling them, they should report the interaction just like anyone else would.
I reported the MoDs fucken loads of times. Nothing happened until one day splinty grassed on me for clogging up the report system.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
When they answer your report you get a notification, your report has been rejected. Reason: fuck off..

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
but really, if you're ideology centers around discussing things with friends and strangers while maintaining mutual respect, then it's the same place it ever was.
When you are not one of the persecuted perhaps.