Society Lets talk about this weirdo Canadian rescued in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'The Off-topic Lounge' started by Splinty, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Splinty

Splinty Shake 'em off
    Admin

Ratings:
    +63,012

Try not to fall in love @jason73@jason73
    you're married.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. MC Gusto

MC Gusto And now I wanna be your dog

Ratings:
    +10,913
    You couldnt be more wrong. @jason73@jason73 hates Harper. He hates Harper so much he voted for Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party!

I am not joking. Serious. Ask him.

• Have a toke! Have a toke! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. JonJonesBeard

JonJonesBeard The Face That Runs the Place

Ratings:
    +27,090
    He'd have given them, more. Yes, I'm serious and I'd have had no issue with the reason behind it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JonJonesBeard

Ratings:
    +27,090
    That was never proven, which is why he walks free and got an absurd payout from the government.

5. Banchan

Banchan The Most Dangerous Dame

Ratings:
    +3,368
    He let US have Omar which is why Trudeau gave him the 10 million.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JonJonesBeard

Ratings:
    +27,090
    Khadr was going to sue the government and he more than likely would have won based on the earlier supreme court rulings around his case. Typically the payout is in the 20-30 mil range. The Trudeau government settled for 10.5 to try to save some cash and keep it out of the public eye. Instead of giving the nation it's rightful due process.

7. jason73

jason73 TMMAC 2020
    First 100

Ratings:
    +84,673
    A spokesman for the Taliban is denying the allegations of a freed Canadian hostage who says his wife was raped and his daughter killed by their abductors.

Upon his return to Canada Friday, Joshua Boyle told reporters that during his five years in captivity, held by the Taliban-linked Haqqani network in Afghanistan, his wife's rape was assisted by the captain of the guard and supervised by the commandant of the network.

He said the Haqqani leadership authorized the murder of his daughter in retaliation for his refusal to accept an offer from the kidnappers, but did not elaborate.

However, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid has released a statement saying Caitlan Coleman had a "natural miscarriage" after an illness that couldn't be treated because they were in a remote area with no doctors.

Mujahid says Boyle and Coleman are now "in the hands of the enemy", and the statement Boyle gave was "force fed" to him.

Mujahid also says "from the time the couple were detained until their release" Boyle and Coleman were never separated because the kidnappers "did not want to incite any suspicion."

"No one has either intentionally murdered the child of this couple and neither has anyone violated or defiled them," Mujahid said in the statement, which was posted to the Taliban media unit's website.

Boyle told The Canadian Press Saturday that conditions during the five-year ordeal changed over time as the family was shuffled among at least three prisons.

He described the first as "remarkably barbaric," the second as more comfortable and the third as a place of violence in which he and his wife were frequently separated and beaten.

8. Ted Williams' head

Ted Williams' head It's freezing in here!

Ratings:
    +21,170
    Yup. And sure, it's true that it would have probably cost the government more and he probably would have won, but that extra 10-15 mil he might have got would have been well worth it to fight back against a cocksucker terrorist. Seeing our government just bend over for this piece of shit made me sick. What's an extra 10-15 mil to at least fight? It's a drop in the bucket for the federal government. Felt so embarrassed, and sad for the Speer family.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. JonJonesBeard

Ratings:
    +27,090
    Although I agree with your overall sentiment. Last I heard they don't even have proof that he was in the vicinity when the attack happened outside of the confession obtained through torture which would be inadmissible in a court of law.

10. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +10,913

You're forgetting to add in the legal costs for the Canadian govt & tax payers. I have no clue what the legal fees could have been in a case like this but I think its safe to assume you could easily add a few more million onto that 15 million.

11. Splinty

Splinty Shake 'em off
    Admin

Ratings:
    +63,012

??
    He was at the compound and shot in the chest, right? The same compound where guys were making IEDs and video tape of Omar doing so was found.

Isn't that in the vicinity?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JonJonesBeard

Ratings:
    +27,090
    Hanging out with terrorists, even making IED's doesn't mean you rolled a grenade into a tent that was occupied by an American medic. If memory serves the field report at the time indicated that they had killed the guy who had thrown the grenade. Make no mistake, Omar Khadr is a piece of trash, so is his entire family, but everyone deserves due process. Even terrorists.

13. Ted Williams' head

Ted Williams' head It's freezing in here!

Ratings:
    +21,170
    Yeah but again, what's a couple million to the federal government? They waste hundreds of millions on retarded shit, why not put a couple million into fighting a terrorist?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. delightone

First 100

Ratings:
    +4,451
    My view on this is: this guy is a nutter, straight out weirdo, and a stupid ass, with the occasional epiphany.

I agree with you that he shouldn't bring his pregnant wife,to a dangerous place to "aid" or "help"

I just asked myself what would i do if i was locked up in a room with my wife for 5 years with nothing else at hand, i would probably fuck a bunch to brighten up my mood.

If i was a hostage for 5 years and had married and divorced a sister and daughter of known terrorists in the past, i would probably not get on a plane with USA on it.

All that being said i hope Canada will screen them thoroughly you never know what 5 years of indoctrination does to a human, and with him marrying that khadr girl, he does look like he has a few cards short of a full deck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Banchan

Banchan The Most Dangerous Dame

Ratings:
    +3,368
    Couldn't Harper have excellerated law change that suspected terrorists can't sue for allowing the government to hand people over to allied nations legal system? They wanted to change law to revoke citizenship of dual citizens suspected of terrorism.

16. JonJonesBeard

Ratings:
    +27,090
    If he really wanted to, he could have changed the law in an instant with his majority government. He chose not to, even if he had I'm not sure it would have made any difference as he wasn't found guilty of anything in a court of law. That whole situation was a complete disaster that's currently being used by the Conservatives (and rightfully so) for political capital.

17. otaku1

otaku1 Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +5,504
    Wanted to post this.
    When even the Taliban calls out your bullshit you really gotta wonder about that weirdo.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. otaku1

otaku1 Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +5,504
    Mmmmmm
    Disagree bro.
    I do recall reading that he did throw a grenade.
    Then got shot.
    Then when the GIs got a hold of him he started claiming his Canadian citizenship in true coward fashion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JonJonesBeard

Ratings:
    +27,090
    The only admission of him throwing the grenade was in the kangaroo court where they extracted a confession from a guy who'd been held for 8 years.

20. otaku1

otaku1 Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +5,504
    Kangaroo court?
    Sure 8 years.
    Forced it out of him?
    Sure Guantanamo is no club med

Still... don't think that the Canadian govt should have settled... now what? Every time a Canadian citizen goes on a jihad tour and gets caught, the government should take him/her out of jail? Nope.
    You smuggled dope/stole/killed abroad and the govt wouldn't bulge. Or barely.
    Now you go jihadi, kill, get arrested and should feel sorry for you, do everything to spare you the punishment you actually deserve?

I think the whole Khadr thing got media attention and 'pity coverage' because we got the child soldier angle brought up first and foremost... brushing aside the fact that he was a teenager at the time of his capture, who was surely well aware of what he was doing and had integrated his jihadist father values eg: destroy the west and fight the infidels. He hadn't rejected his dad values. I clearly remember him sporting a nice long Islamic beard during his trial. Make no mistake this is not a hipster beard, it's a strong symbol of Islamic faith.

It wasn't a coincidence if he was fresh shaven for his ulterior appearances. His lawyer surely told him to shave it for the press conferences.

21. JonJonesBeard

Ratings:
    +27,090
    I've said from the outset they shouldn't have settled. My saying "Going to court would have cost them more" isn't the same as "They should have paid him because it would have cost us more" I'm a firm believer that "innocent until proven guilty" is the cornerstone on which our society is built. When you don't go to court and see things out you're doing the entire nation a disservice. This applies to both torturing people to get confessions and settling instead of going to trial when the claim is torture. I don't care what kind of piece of shit someone is, they're owed their day in court as it's guilt that needs to be proven, not innocence.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  22. otaku1

otaku1 Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +5,504
    Relax relax I got what you said. ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  23. otaku1

otaku1 Posting Machine

Ratings:
    +5,504
    My last paragraphs were probably misleading; I was just reflecting and not trying to correct you/say you're wrong.

24. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +10,913
    Freed hostage Joshua Boyle on why he went to Afghanistan and what his kidnappers wanted

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbIKWipzNZw

View: https://youtu.be/3sROB3S_Mno

25. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +10,913
    Wife of former Canadian hostage Joshua Boyle rushed to hospital

Draft saved Draft deleted