General Let's talk ratchets as in tools

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I have some really good ratchets mostly Snap-On and Mac. I have one Craftsman 1/2 that actually came in handy when my Snap-On broke. Craftsman kind of sucks to me at least. I don't like the look or the feel. So my stuff is pretty old. I am getting into Wera and bought a Wera Zyclop 3/8's. I never had a fine pitch ratchet or a rotating head.

Truth be told I don't really like it. The body is a lot shorter than i thought it would be. I had to take out really tight seats bolts to do that LED light in my SUV I posted. I couldn't get enough leverage. I had to use my longer but normal length Snap-On. The head also doesn't lock as well as I would like. I would not recommend this ratchet although they make other amazing tools this isn't one.

I have now bought a set of extra long 120 tooth Gearwrench ratchets. Stolen pic but that holder is a nice rubberized case too.

These have a really nice fit and finish and I like the comfort grip handles. They also have swivel heads. hearing the fine pitch is music to my ears. Great in tight spaces. Some of my stuff is 32 teeth so really bad for tight work. I have been watching them on the bay and snagged the set for under $70. I have seen them for over $100. I recently rebuilt that 1/2" Snap-On and a 1/4" Mac that comes in a kit. Mac sent the rebuild kit gratis. Snap-On I had to pay. I think a truck dealer would have done it for free but I didn't want to have to find a guy. I also tracked down the little tool that holds the ball bearing detent in while rebuilding. I don't think it's made any more. Gotta love Ebay.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
That hurts Rob. I realize you accountant types aren't into tools but a couple of us like to fix out own stuff. Work with me here.
She isn't gonna drill you either.
Get a pic of a milf with nice gazangas using a power tool and I’ll work with you