Lifestyle Let's talk stocks!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
Sort of what I suspected. If they suspend their dividend it will drop sharply. Wouldn't be surprised to see it below $1. Should be an intetesting stock to watch over the next 6 months or so.
Absolutely. Thanks for the heads up, I've got it on my watchlist now.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Thoughts on Frontier Communications Corp (FTR)?

It's taken a beating over the last month. Currently trading at $2.11 with a dividend payment of $0.42 (20%)

The dividend alone makes it interesting, but I guess they can always turn that off or cut it like they have in the past.
Interesting stock. Heavy volume coming in mid-Feb with the break from consolidation to continue the downtrend. There are two gap downs within a month of each other, one coming after a missed earnings. If it can break $2.20 and then $2.35, I would look at a retracement back to that first gap at $3.11. The lows are coming up over the last few days, so you'd have to watch it to test and break resistance... It's got to fill those gaps if does.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
$LIGA

Speaking of gaps. My largest position right now almost got caught in a shake out. I had a resistance set at $.0053 that I needed the 4th to close above to verify trend continuation. What happened was a gap up. We trended up for a few more days until reaching a resistance of $.0066. Two hanging men candles gave me a clue that a retracement was coming. I moved my stop in around the resistance at the end of April. I knew that gap had to be filled, so was looking for price to fall to the $.0055 - $.0053 area. It retraced back to that area today. It actually went down to the $.0052 point for a little while. This low happened on an inverted hammer, showing a possible reversal. The rest of the day moved sideways. It's tested above $.0066, so I'll be looking for a close above that price to confirm the trend continuation. A close in the support zone of $.0055 - $.0053 could possibly show a reversal. This stock moves heavy on news, so expect something this week.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Is everyone's portfolio getting clobbered today or is it just mine?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Alright, I just downloaded the Robinhood app -- no fee day trades.

Add $100 to it

Lets get wild on some penny stocks

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Robinhood is nice for the free trades. Can only trade NYSE and NASDAQ U.S. listed stocks though.

LIGA dipped to $..062 like I thought. Was going to load up some more, but had some issues with my brokerage account and have to wait 4 days to trade.

AMFE is going on the watch list. Chart looks nice. Going to dig into the company some here in a little while.

KOSK is one that I've been watching for a while. A lot of liquidity at $.0214, so I'm looking at that being a resistance level. If volume shows up in the next couple of days, it may be a nice swing play for 40% or so.

Music on and going through my scanner list, so I may find a few more with nice charts.

jasonhightower

Jan 2, 2017
Alright, I just downloaded the Robinhood app -- no fee day trades.

Add $100 to it

Lets get wild on some penny stocks
Actually that does sound like fun. I'd have better odds probably than playing poker or Draft Kings.

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
VIXY... whats up with this stock. The little I know about it (aka 1 article); seems like a good investment for this week (re: govt shutdown). It seems to play / rely on fear of the market. Also, might dump my S fund until this week is over and funding for the govt has been approved. Every shut down just blows up the market.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
VIXY... whats up with this stock. The little I know about it (aka 1 article); seems like a good investment for this week (re: govt shutdown). It seems to play / rely on fear of the market. Also, might dump my S fund until this week is over and funding for the govt has been approved. Every shut down just blows up the market.
Steady downtrend all year. It's recently gone done to fill the gap created on 4/11. I see two inverted hammers last week, so that could be showing that it's reached a support in this area. Roughly average volume on this pullback could mean that sellers are still interested in pushing it down. Ideally you want to see low volume on a pullback.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
If it's going to fill these gaps that it's had in this downtrend, I can see it going $28.45. If it passes that, maybe $30.10. Will just have to see how it acts when it fills those gaps at $23.08, $26.13, $27.50, and $27.89.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If it's going to fill these gaps that it's had in this downtrend, I can see it going $28.45. If it passes that, maybe $30.10. Will just have to see how it acts when it fills those gaps at $23.08, $26.13, $27.50, and $27.89.
I have my sell alert set at $30. I think that might take some time.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
And yes....this all day lol. The friend I learned from got me interested, but this movie got me hype and I started reading and learning on my own.

We have a thread at the other forum that shall not be named where a lot of guys smarter than I am in this have posted.
Yep i was in that thread.
Like i said i found the thread interesting but you guys lost me with all those terms and expressions. :(

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Uh oh.
Not a good start today. I'm guessing because of the Trump shit.

Flirting with the worst daily tumble in 8 months.

jasonhightower

Jan 2, 2017
I have my sell alert set at $30. I think that might take some time.
That's a good price, I need to setup an alert too. I'm up 25% as of right now. Also up 13% on HDSN, which is close to the highest the stock has been in 10 years.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
What the fuck is going on today? I'm getting clobbered.

Did North Korea nuke someone or what?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What the fuck is going on today? I'm getting clobbered.

Did North Korea nuke someone or what?
I hope it's the start of a 10-15% pullback on this market, but I doubt it. Appears equities are going to continue to rise for a while, which is crazy. This is like the longest bull market in history right?