Lifestyle Let's talk stocks!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
Thoughts on Frontier Communications Corp (FTR)?

It's taken a beating over the last month. Currently trading at $2.11 with a dividend payment of $0.42 (20%)

The dividend alone makes it interesting, but I guess they can always turn that off or cut it like they have in the past.
Closed at 10.06 today. I wish I would have grabbed some of this.

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
I'm interested in what you find, as I'd like to diversify a bit in the weed stocks. I've generally looked for those with specific patents or licensing along with companies who have multi-use (somewhat like sector diversification, if that's a word).

I've got these currently:
TWMJF - Canopy Growth Corporation
GBLX - Growblox Sciences
I've hung onto TWMJF and it's up 107% since I bought in. Still short though, so I'll hang onto it for a while. I think the Canadian weed market, especially with recreational expanding soon, could be a nice long term play.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Did y'all pay attention? Trading at 41 during my last post.

63 yesterday.

Nice.

I’ve been balls deep in LIGA since it was like .002. Gem of a little penny stock. If I’m correct, should get me at least $100k by 2019.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
you guys going long or short term (or both?)
I have some dividend stocks I've owned for a very long time.

Other than that, I look for overreactions and purchase stocks after a sell off. Those I typically don't hold very long - it just depends on how long the recovery takes.

I don't day trade. And I don't short - although it's tempting sometimes.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I do day trade, & even though this is the internet & I've never lost a trade, I wouldn't advise anybody to do it.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
So over the course of a year what percentage are you guys making on your overall portfolios?
My longterm stuff is in Vanguard index funds, so a tiny bit behind what the market does. Though every day I get closer to going full Ron Paul & putting it into gold, something is not right in the market

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Ford is a bargain right now.
They are getting beat up with some short-term losses due to the recall. But the fundamentals are strong and their truck production alone will carry the stock up.

Buy it for under 11 tomorrow.
Sell at 14.50 inside of 8 months.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Ford is a bargain right now.
They are getting beat up with some short-term losses due to the recall. But the fundamentals are strong and their truck production alone will carry the stock up.

Buy it for under 11 tomorrow.
Sell at 14.50 inside of 8 months.
I bought in last summer when it dipped below 11. Set the sell at 15 but it never hit. Now I'm basically even, but it pays a 5% dividend so I'm OK waiting for the rebound. Depending on how quick it climbs when it finally starts heading north I might tweak that sell price up.

I agree. Ford is a no-brainer at this point.

And I drive a Chevy :)

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
So over the course of a year what percentage are you guys making on your overall portfolios?
Right now my portfolio looks ugly because I have 1 turd that is killing me, but I'm too stubborn to take the loss and I'm pot-committed so I'm just waiting for a spike.

But if you count the profits of stocks I've sold off, I was up around 12-15% last year. Not great. Not terrible.

I have a few that are killing it. I bought PG forever ago at $30.
I bought into MO about 5 years ago at $33.
* But both of those are great dividend stocks. So they are making me money while they are making me money.

I've had some turds though. It happens. For an example - AOBC is fucking killing me right now. I can't believe it hasn't rebounded yet - but gun stocks are weird. Maybe I should have voted Hillary.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Fellow Ford holder. I think the Ranger and Bronce will set us up nice. I forgot what I set my sell order to...