Lewis: ‘I will be 100 percent’ going into UFC 230

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC heavyweight contender Derrick Lewis put on a remarkable comeback performance at UFC 229 with a last-minute knockout victory over Alexander Volkov. His efforts were rewarded with an immediate title shot against Daniel Cormier, which takes place less than a month later at UFC 230.

“The Black Beast” was originally given a month-long medical suspension, which he lobbied to be reduced to three weeks according to the New York State Athletic Commission. This has caused some concern for the NYSAC, but Lewis says he will be in top shape for this upcoming contest.

“I will be 100 percent going into this fight,” Lewis said at a UFC 230 media event in Las Vegas (via MMAjunkie). “I…

Derrick Lewis: ‘I will be 100 percent’ going into UFC 230 against Daniel Cormier

Last edited:

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
What he said:
" ‘I will be 100 percent’ going into UFC 230"

What this means:
"Damn, that's a good paycheck. Even if a couple vertebrae fall out during training camp, I'll be there!"

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Interesting topic.

I wonder if Derrick is training his tdd at all?

I wouldn't.

He's gotta refuse the tap with cormier at the bell and proceed to try and kill that guy. He could do it! He can't be fucking around with no game plan tho. It's just bell ring, you gotta kill this motherfucker in half a round, or then try to ride it out u til DC finds a way to grab him

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Once Lewis is any sign of gassed it's gone tho .DC will put him away once he's tired.

I'm telling ya tho if he plans for a 2 minute fight of destruction he can win. That's what I'd do

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Good to hear he will be all of 100% of 70%. The guy's back is fucked, and without addressing that, he's just a blood and guts fighter (who I have a man crush on, because he's awesome).

Sweets

All Around Dumbass
Feb 9, 2015
It makes me sad that DC is most likely gonna take him down and cook his balls for the first two rounds. I pray to Odin Derrick catches him a clean one though. Who doesn't want that guy as champ?

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
So he'll gas 20 seconds into this fight like all his others? The state of the UFC HW division is fucking sad.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So he'll gas 20 seconds into this fight like all his others? The state of the UFC HW division is fucking sad.
As you know...heavyweights are never all in one organization...they are spread evenly to orgs around the world
UFC does have a very thin roster and they mostly hurt, suspended, or whatever.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
As you know...heavyweights are never all in one organization...they are spread evenly to orgs around the world
UFC does have a very thin roster and they mostly hurt, suspended, or whatever.
I know. Its still fucking sad.. his skill level is D league, all he has is the KO power. That's literally it. I've eased up on the hate because of the Trump comment, that shit was awesome.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
Good to hear he will be all of 100% of 70%. The guy's back is fucked, and without addressing that, he's just a blood and guts fighter (who I have a man crush on, because he's awesome).
his balls is hot enough already......

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I know. Its still fucking sad.. his skill level is D league, all he has is the KO power. That's literally it. I've eased up on the hate because of the Trump comment, that shit was awesome.
That’s always been the scene with heavyweights though. When any single punch can put your opponent to sleep and so few people who meet the size requirements and fighter mindset, it doesn’t make for a huge talent pool.

That being said, the heavyweight title is still one of the most talked about and hyped belts in mma. It’s most definitely a peculiar paradox.