Lewis on UFC 229 brawl: ‘I thought it was entertaining’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Derrick Lewis has an interesting take when it comes to the brawl that occurred after UFC 229.

The UFC heavyweight contender, who knocked out Alexander Volkov with 11 seconds left in the fight on the pay-per-view main card Saturday night, said he enjoyed the post-event chaos involving Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, and their respective camps.

“I thought it was entertaining,” Lewis said on the FS2 post-fight show. “I was happy to see it.”

After Nurmagomedov submitted McGregor in the fourth round of their highly-anticipated lightweight title fight at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, the…

Derrick Lewis: UFC 229 brawl ‘was entertaining,’ increased chances of bonus

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This guy is a trip. He takes his shorts off before Rogan interviews him and when Rogan asks him why he says it was because his balls were hot. This guy is funny.

He has great power but until that final punch he lost pretty much every minute of the fight.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
This guy is a trip. He takes his shorts off before Rogan interviews him and when Rogan asks him why he says it was because his balls were hot. This guy is funny.

He has great power but until that final punch he lost pretty much every minute of the fight.
No question he was losing, he’s corner was straight up blunt about it before the last round too. Even though he was getting fucked up and almost finished more than once he never stopped trying to win. There aren’t a lot of fighters these days who fight like that and (of course I’m excluding the Francis fight) it’s bloody entertaining. ,