General Liberal media ignores childs murder. Only cares about BLM

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
It matters because it's a current topic. I'm sorry I posted some truth. If you can prove it wrong, I'd be happy to read it.
It may seem like I'm being pedantic, but your responses seem to suggest you're not understanding my question. You said:

"Never forget the stats that really matter."

Then you posted a graph purporting to show murder and manslaughter rates per 100,000 by race.

So I will ask again, stats that really matter to what? What is the claim that these stats matter to?

T

The Big Guy

Liam neeson once said he did the same thing. Fit of rage and wanted revenge. He was a 1970s Ireland which probably didn't have very many black people. So he was going to go find a black guy and beat him down. Maybe kill him. Then he looked at himself and was like what the hell is wrong with me.

I hope in the same way you realize how unfair that would be and that's the textbook definition of racism.
Yeah I said it. That's what that is. You see a black guy criminal crime and now you want to kill all black people. (Or whoever it is you deem looks like him ... Black men?)

In a way that's empathizing and sympathizing because you love your son so much. But there's other people are real people that you would be harming and even have the fleeting thought to harm. Innocent people. People with their own kids. This is the insanity of racism. Somebody that didn't even know this event occurred with their own kids could get murdered because of arbitrary grouping.
I meant in his family. Hence looking like him

T

The Big Guy

It may seem like I'm being pedantic, but your responses seem to suggest you're not understanding my question. You said:

"Never forget the stats that really matter."

Then you posted a graph purporting to show murder and manslaughter rates per 100,000 by race.

So I will ask again, stats that really matter to what? What is the claim that these stats matter to?
Due to the media not promoting this topic equally to other recent events I made the thread. The narrative the media pushes is that black men are under attack by white people, so I posted a graph showing that white people commit less murder per 100,000. Add in the fact that most murder is committed within ones own racial group, I feel like it's a reasonable counterargument to the narrative being force fed down America's throat. I also think it identifies a social issue that needs to be addressed/corrected. If you're specifically looking for an answer as to why I think its important, it's due to the fact were discussing a murder.

Now that I've answered your questions maybe you can give me your opinion on how the issue can be resolved. The numbers paint a very clear picture yet we are all being told to look in another direction during a push to reduce law enforcement in areas with record setting crime disproportionately committed by young black men.

T

The Big Guy

Do you support universal Pre-K access?
That's been supported by Democrats and traditionally opposed by Republicans. I don't care. I do care that it seems a good investment. If a kid is not getting input from their parents it's great to get them an education and input one year earlier.
I do support universal pre k 100% and I dont know or care why republicans are against it. I disagree with them on many issues.

I've seen the difference just a good daycare can make in a child first hand. Its definitely a good investment in children and the future. Especially in a situation where it's a single child the interaction at school is very beneficial imo because they learn from eachother and are inspired by eachother. I know my son enjoyed it and learned alot we put him in a school run by a brazillian family and they were awesome.

Alot of the kids ended up at the same charter school so he had friends already and I could hang with the parents of the kids we already knew at school events. I actually got parent of the year at the VPK. The damn lady didnt tell me in advance and during the graduation called me on stage. I did career day and fixed a few things around the school and just contributed alot. They were biased because I do BJJ probably.

So fuck yea I support pre k for all the kids. The benefits are clear as day to anyone who has a child. It was cool that it was free but I was already paying 150$ at that place for 2 years prior and I think during vpk it was like 50$ a week for the after care

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Due to the media not promoting this topic equally to other recent events I made the thread. The narrative the media pushes is that black men are under attack by white people, so I posted a graph showing that white people commit less murder per 100,000. Add in the fact that most murder is committed within ones own racial group, I feel like it's a reasonable counterargument to the narrative being force fed down America's throat. I also think it identifies a social issue that needs to be addressed/corrected. If you're specifically looking for an answer as to why I think its important, it's due to the fact were discussing a murder.

Now that I've answered your questions maybe you can give me your opinion on how the issue can be resolved. The numbers paint a very clear picture yet we are all being told to look in another direction during a push to reduce law enforcement in areas with record setting crime disproportionately committed by young black men.
So then your claim is about media? Which media? All of it?

I looked it up and there are a few thousand stories in Google news about the incident even though it just happened last week. According to Google Trends, it's been picking up pretty steadily since the incident. Do you feel like the national media should be devoting more coverage to the murder of a child by a neighbor? I guess I can't argue with that, but what would be an acceptable amount of coverage for this kind of person to person crime? Should CNN, MSNBC, and Fox do a special on the incident? Should it be on the front page of every paper? Maybe so.

But your graph doesn't have anything to do with comparative rates of coverage of child murder to killings that involve police, media calls for reductions to law enforcement, or media coverage generally. So I find it hard to believe that media attention is what you're saying that graph matters to.

Here are the actual FBI statistics: Expanded Homicide Data Table 3

What you can see is that in 2018, there were 16,335 offenders for the crime of murder. (Note that "offender" as defined by the FBI in uniform crime reporting means suspects, not people convicted of murder) Of those, 4,884 were white, 6,318 were black, 312 were other and 4,821 were unknown.

If you dig a bit deeper into this chart, you see ~2600 white people were allegedly killed by white people and ~2600 black people were allegedly killed by black people (where race was known). Obviously this lends credence to the idea that people mostly kill people in their neighborhoods or people they know and given longstanding patterns of segregation in the US, it's not terribly surprising that the overwhelming majority of murders are committed within racial groups.

But your graph speaks to proportionality, that is to say "per 100,000." Firstly, the UCR doesn't have reporting on murders by race per 100,000 (in 2018 at least), as you can see here. So someone with a vested interest obviously tried to do some creative math just for the purposes of making this graph. What the graph is pointing to is that 12 out of every 100,000 black people have been accused of being murderers, which translates to roughly 0.012%. I'm not sure if you thought the graph meant 12%, but it doesn't. Of course, because there are many more white people in the US, the proportion argument suggests that their number of murders is dwarfed by black people.

The irony of this is when you make a proportionality argument, you're using the same logic as Black Lives Matter, which argues that police disproportionately deploy lethal force on black suspects more than others, as Splinty @Splinty pointed out to you in a response. Similarly, you could use the proportionality argument to look at poverty, limited access to legal defense, bias in arrests, or any number of claims. The problem is that every time you turn to race, and by extension proportion, what you're actually suggesting is that race is causing the difference. In other words, you're suggesting black people have some inherent quality that forces them to kill more, maybe more savagery? More bloodlust? More animal like instincts? A degraded culture?

These arguments are old. Slaveholders used them to justify slavery from the 1500s-1800s. Race scientists and a rigged legal system used them to justify Jim Crow from the late 1800s to the 1960s. Some social scientists have used them to justify deeply flawed anti-poverty initiatives from the 1960s to as recent as 5 years ago. The idea that there is some intrinsic racial difference whether genetic or cultural is the literal textbook definition of racism. Once you make race the cause (e.g. "white cops can't help themselves; they just murder young black men because they hate them" or "black people don't want any part in society; they're just criminal scum"), you end up making race the causal factor rather than the usually much more complex circumstances that lead to an individual standing over another human being who has suddenly become a corpse.

So when you say "this is what matters" to wage a race centered argument, you are using the same type of logic that you claim to despise in media (even the same word, maybe not ironically, in "matters"). If you are determined to resist the race first narrative that you claim is so divisive, you're instead only falling for it yourself and amplifying it, and even using a completely unrelated tragedy involving a 5 year old to do it. Across every conversation we've had on this forum, this is what I've been trying to put across to you because I take you at your word when you say you're disgusted by the way media uses race to polarize people. In a lot of ways, I share your skepticism of the motivations for how some media outlets frame stories. But unfortunately, in the vast majority of threads on this forum, you are the one who is over and over again rehearsing race centered arguments, all while claiming to be victimized somehow by all media.

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
I can't watch even 30 seconds of that beanie wearing bellend.
you asshole, I am the reason you started posting on here, dont you dare insult my idol. You would be still on that other shithole of the site if I hadnt brought you here. Never forget that. You came here becase you realized, thanks to me, that we can protect this website better than those admins on that other site

M

member 1013

you asshole, I am the reason you started posting on here, dont you dare insult my idol. You would be still on that other shithole of the site if I hadnt brought you here. Never forget that. You came here becase you realized, thanks to me, that we can protect this website better than those admins on that other site
Adam quit his show because he wasn’t getting paid

I don’t know what this means but I googled Tim pool

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
Adam quit his show because he wasn’t getting paid

I don’t know what this means but I googled Tim pool
mma.tv had a problem with a hacker, no one knew what the problem was. I saved that shithole because I exposed the guy who had been injecting malware/viruses on that site. Hundreds of people were pissed, I was the one who found out who was cousing the issue and exposed it. If I hadnt done that themma.tv would have been done

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
so their site can be grateful that someone from this site made them aware what the problem was. If I hadnt done that, we would be the greatest mma site on the internet

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
Are trencin girls hot?
slovak girls are the hottest. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Polish girls are cute so I have heard. If you want to see the perfection. Come visit your relatives in slovakia, you will not be dissapointed. But you have a girlfriend, so fuck you. As you said, if she didnt forbid you to drink you could beat me in the indiana jones drinking face off. So be glad you have someone who will prevent you from embarrasing yourself. I would drink three times more than you, while you would be sleeping under the table. And I would continue drinking while enjoying watching you puke under that table, and when I would see that you are in a bad shape I would call the medics. To save your life, just like I save that other site from being hacked to oblivion

M

member 1013

slovak girls are the hottest. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Polish girls are cute so I have heard. If you want to see the perfection. Come visit your relatives in slovakia, you will not be dissapointed. But you have a girlfriend, so fuck you. As you said, if she didnt forbid you to drink you could beat me in the indiana jones drinking face off. So be glad you have someone who will prevent you from embarrasing yourself. I would drink three times more than you, while you would be sleeping under the table. And I would continue drinking while enjoying watching you puke under that table, and when I would see that you are in a bad shape I would call the medics. To save your life, just like I save that other site from being hacked to oblivion

My girlfriend is the worst, ask @conor mcgregor nut hugger

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
No that’s gross
you dont share her with him because he is a homo or because sharing your girlfriend is gross in general? Why am I supposed to ask him about his opinion about your your gf? Why do they interact with each other? Or are you saying that nuthugger is your girlfriend so he should tell me why he sucks?