Liborio leaves ATT - Covington to blame?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
That's pretty huge.

I wonder if he's just tired of the bullshit and the theatrics that are brewing in the sport and how even Lambert is playing it up in a way in regards to his doing some crap with pro wrestling and bringing the gym into it.

Either way, that's a pretty damned big loss for that team.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Idk. I get playing the heel, but you should be on the same page with your coach at least. I think the thing about Chael is that he could be pretty open behind the scenes about the bit he was acting.

M

member 3289

He was part owner. I thought he was 50-50 with Dan Lambert...

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
I expected better from you guys. Liborio has been away and transitioning for months. I believe he was on Chaels podcast last week or week before explaining why.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
The problem for Covington is that he has developed heel heat in a legitimately dangerous market that the UFC can't so easily exploit.

The Chael Brazil thing was about top contender using that heat to create buzz with a superstar for a title fight, and he eventually parlayed that into a feud with a legend in Wanderlei when he was an established star.

But there is no clear path for Covington to capitalize on any infamy - is Covington vs RDA suddenly a megafight because of this? ' and he is far from Chael P. Sonnen. I give him credit for doubling down with that fake apology, but generally he is a moron with no charisma.

A halfwit, meathead nobody spouting off jingoist and borderline racist lines is not the same as the best promo guy ever doing it, and it could alienate an entire market by giving him a platform and possibly elicit violence.

If I am WME, I don't bank on this creating more benefits than problems as it could encourage other unoriginal US fighters to try the same routine. I threaten to fire Covington if he ever says anything like it again (under the flimsy pretext that 'filthy animals' constitutes a racial slur). Too much overall risk to the brand in a major market to be hitching the wagon to a dipshit like Covington.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
ATT has a huge kids program, so anti bully rhetoric probably rolls off the tongue.

Also should encourage Lambert to reel in Covington.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
ATT has a huge kids program, so anti bully rhetoric probably rolls off the tongue.

Also should encourage Lambert to reel in Covington.
Should encourage ATT to reel in "you're gonna die chants. But keep up with your shit

M

member 3289

How is he as a person? I have no idea about his personality.
He says he’s against bullying, but at that place he had to have seen bullying yet did nothing about it?, right?
He is an extremely nice guy. I've met him a few times and he's always down to Earth and personable.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
He called out the audience. No heel game, he just called them out what we all think or would like to say. It was about time.