LIFE MAGAZINE - Henry Armstrong (Pics)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I stumbled into a link on a boxing forum years ago that took me into the Life Magazine image archives and I went on an immediate downloading bender, creating files for a few of the greats with some magnificent black and white images. Very few publications (National Geographic and Time) take photos that can pull you in like some of these.

I`ll get around to a few of the others over time.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I am going to tweet this thread out to the masses once all of the content is added, so feel free to load everything you want my man.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I am going to tweet this thread out to the masses once all of the content is added, so feel free to load everything you want my man.
I just saw this post after posting a separate thread for Sugar Ray Robinson. If you don`t mind I`m going to post threads for each fighter individually because some of them have quite a few pics, and being that each one will be a legend of the game I have a tough time burying any of them 4 or 5 pages into a thread..........they`re all headlining, Main Event guys (Armstrong, Robinson, Marciano, Louis, Clay, Moore and Frazier). I did this on another site about 4 years ago, and in the end I will edit the top of the first post in each of them to uniformly link to the other fighter`s Life Magazine threads.

There will be some great images coming up! I honestly have trouble picking a favorite with regards to the power of the photographs. Ali, Marciano and Archie Moore are probably my three tops.