Like clockwork the UG has crashed again.... SMH

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The service is unavailable. [h=1]Service Temporary Unavailable![/h] The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Jakarta/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.32 ()

Captain America

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yup, nothing to see there, not anymore. Just move along, folks. This time, the grass really is greener.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Captain America;n3169 said:
Yup, nothing to see there, not anymore. Just move along, folks. This time, the grass really is greener.
Amen. Fuck that shit hole and its greedy owners.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Guys now wait a minute...this was the BIGGEST show with the BIGGEST star the UFC has or thats what dirtbag dana wants you to believe so maybe the entire country of Ireland was using the UG at the same time, gosh that has to be a ton of people. Ok your right, more like 4 to 5 people at the most crashed the shitty site.

Captain America

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
delightone;n3273 said:
So did the word spread about this website on the ug?
I was pm'd about it from someone there, and I've shared it with a couple of people. I don't mean to sound selfish or elitist, but I hope word doesn't spread too much, haha!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Captain America;n3278 said:
I was pm'd about it from someone there, and I've shared it with a couple of people. I don't mean to sound selfish or elitist, but I hope word doesn't spread too much, haha!

I hope we get slow, continued, and steady growth.
We are at 100+ members. We had 60+ active last night during the fight.
We can probably handle 5 times that before I need to up our server to another level. We are shared off of Amazon servers right now. Scaling up is no problem over a day or so. But can't be done in minutes.

As long as we get steady growth, we will respond and continue to have a quality site from a technical standpoint. Steady growth also gives a quality site from a moderator standpoint for pruning out shit heads.

If we get a huge unpredicted bunch of people in one night we'll have to see how the servers and forum group handles it.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
By the way first 100 under my name looks better then lurker.
i was feeling like was doing something wrong when i saw that

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Splinty;n3318 said:
I hope we get slow, continued, and steady growth.
We are at 100+ members. We had 60+ active last night during the fight.
We can probably handle 5 times that before I need to up our server to another level. We are shared off of Amazon servers right now. Scaling up is no problem over a day or so. But can't be done in minutes.

As long as we get steady growth, we will respond and continue to have a quality site from a technical standpoint. Steady growth also gives a quality site from a moderator standpoint for pruning out shit heads.

If we get a huge unpredicted bunch of people in one night we'll have to see how the servers and forum group handles it.
Thanks for all that you have done and continue to do, Splinty. You do quality work!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Mad Dog;n3347 said:
Thanks for all that you have done and continue to do, Splinty. You do quality work!

Woah, damn thanks man.
Honestly Wild and I just really wanted a place for all of us to be able to hang out. I've got a tech background but am in healthcare now. So this is just a hobby. I spent most of the fight last night tweaking some things and eyeballing server stats to see if I was going to have to close registration for a few hours. We did okay. But yeah, your notice of the work is well appreciated!

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

well it did go down during the main card instead of the prelims:rolleyes:

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Was just reading a thread by shoemoney. I work in the web/affiliate space and he knows his shit for sure. IMO he's the reason that pos site didnt crash tonight. Check out this BS, Kirik and team showing true colors imo. This guy did it for FREE

Post -
Jason - Shoe, you realize your varnish server isn't running in front of the site? It was never setup by your guys all the way? Aim me
I realize it wasn't setup all the way by us. We did the config file though and did calls with Gabe.

Don't get me wrong I am not taking full credit. After we outlined the varnish server stuff Gabe implemented it.

Course after those first phone calls I've been ignored so ....

Perhaps it's pure irony ?

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Shroom;n6960 said:
Was just reading a thread by shoemoney. I work in the web/affiliate space and he knows his shit for sure. IMO he's the reason that pos site didnt crash tonight. Check out this BS, Kirik and team showing true colors imo. This guy did it for FREE

Post -
Jason - Shoe, you realize your varnish server isn't running in front of the site? It was never setup by your guys all the way? Aim me
I realize it wasn't setup all the way by us. We did the config file though and did calls with Gabe.

Don't get me wrong I am not taking full credit. After we outlined the varnish server stuff Gabe implemented it.

Course after those first phone calls I've been ignored so ....

Perhaps it's pure irony ?
Yeah i read that kind of shitty response.

If a person that helped your website not flushing itself down the toilet again gets treated like that.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

delightone;n7010 said:
Yeah i read that kind of shitty response.

If a person that helped your website not flushing itself down the toilet again gets treated like that.
horrible

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Morpheus1976;n7106 said:
i thought the same thing. really weird why the people in charge would ignore shoemoney after he spent his own time to help fix the forum for free.

How can you not have time to reply to someone trying to fix the site? makes no sense.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
It actually stayed up for me during the McGregor show and last night. Shocking.. One random gripe I have with the UG, is that in the last year, a mod has been going around editing users thread titles/posts to make it look like they said things they didnt

For example, a guy today posted a thread saying "Release Phil Davis?"... The mods later changed the title to "Release Phil Davis or release me as a UGer?", then edited a few random users posts in there to make it look like they said dumb shit. At first I thought I was wrong, but I've personally seen it happen in several threads in the last few months

I get that people on the UG are retarded most of the time, but IMO, something like that (asking if Davis doesn't belong in the UFC and if he should tune up on a smaller circuit) is nothing that should be ridiculed or mocked. Just weird to me, and it keeps happening too. The Phil Davis one isn't bad really, the post editing inside it is, but they've done a lot worse.

You can't even post a thought on the UG that doesn't conform to the hivemind without either A) getting voted down, B) getting your titles and shit changed to make you look like a moron, or C) get banned period

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Galanis;7310 said:
It actually stayed up for me during the McGregor show and last night. Shocking.. One random gripe I have with the UG, is that in the last year, a mod has been going around editing users thread titles/posts to make it look like they said things they didnt

For example, a guy today posted a thread saying "Release Phil Davis?"... The mods later changed the title to "Release Phil Davis or release me as a UGer?", then edited a few random users posts in there to make it look like they said dumb shit. At first I thought I was wrong, but I've personally seen it happen in several threads in the last few months

I get that people on the UG are retarded most of the time, but IMO, something like that (asking if Davis doesn't belong in the UFC and if he should tune up on a smaller circuit) is nothing that should be ridiculed or mocked. Just weird to me, and it keeps happening too. The Phil Davis one isn't bad really, the post editing inside it is, but they've done a lot worse.

You can't even post a thought on the UG that doesn't conform to the hivemind without either A) getting voted down, B) getting your titles and shit changed to make you look like a moron, or C) get banned period
Vote downs on the UG are funny. Sometimes I try to be as unbiased and non-confrontational as I can while getting my point across but still get voted down quite a bit.

The only times I have been frozen was when I made a negative comment about Chael. I remember once I mentioned how Chael quits in his fights, which is true. Chael even admitted it himself. I wasn't trying to knock him but It was relevant to the conversation and I still got a 3 day ban for it.

Meanwhile, guys on there will bash Askren, Phil Davis, Myles Jury, Shields etc. and no one does shit about it.

The culture there is terrible and no one does anything to change it. As long as traffic is up and people buy blue names, they don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk