Society List of U.S. Presidents Impeached Twice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
All of this is true about the first impeachment, but not this time.

He encouraged rioting. Read his speech. Of course he softened it at times but the message was the same. We need to make sure he can never run again when the Dems fuck shit up like they eventually will.
I called out his speech when he was making it. Hell, I practically called the riots. Dude is off the rails for sure.

But I think the move is to babysit his ass for 5 more days and be done with it. Trump is toast regardless. His political career is over.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I kinda also think it's a shrewd move by the Dems cause it will divide the Republicans and creates avenues for political attacks in future campaigns no matter which way they vote.

They have to show their cards.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
I called out his speech when he was making it. Hell, I practically called the riots. Dude is off the rails for sure.

But I think the move is to babysit his ass for 5 more days and be done with it. Trump is toast regardless. His political career is over.

Why wouldn't you want him to be held responsible for his actions?

Weird.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Why wouldn't you want him to be held responsible for his actions?

Weird.
To be clear - I don't find his actions criminal. I do find them tone deaf for a man in his position.

If he was 2 years in with 2 to go i'd be all about it. But it's over in 5 days anyway.

It's a risk/reward thing. There's little to gain and a lot to lose.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
To be clear - I don't find his actions criminal. I do find them tone deaf for a man in his position.

If he was 2 years in with 2 to go i'd be all about it. But it's over in 5 days anyway.

It's a risk/reward thing. There's little to gain and a lot to lose.

That doesn't make sense. You are just being partisan.

You can't be all about it but not find his actions criminal because he is leaving his job in five days. That's not a defence.

There is everything to gain imo. It's about standards. He has lied and lied and lied and lied. He needs to face the consequences and be seen to face the consequences.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That doesn't make sense. You are just being partisan
Not really.

I cslled the GOP out for grilling Hillary about her emails. Poor judgement on her part, not really criminal. Petty GOP bullshit.

2 years left I'd be all about it because - mentally - he isn't fit to serve the position. Luckily he's out in 5 days anyway. The problem fixes itself.

Impeachment proceedings achieve nothing but more problems. Again...risk/reward.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Not really.

I cslled the GOP out for grilling Hillary about her emails. Poor judgement on her part, not really criminal. Petty GOP bullshit.

2 years left I'd be all about it because - mentally - he isn't fit to serve the position. Luckily he's out in 5 days anyway. The problem fixes itself.

Impeachment proceedings achieve nothing but more problems. Again...risk/reward.

So let him do what he wants then?

We can't convict anyone of crimes because they may commit crimes?

The old 'we cannot convict OJ Simpson your honour because if we do he may kill someone else, plus he's going on holiday on 5 days so what's the point anyway?'

Doesn't make sense dude.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

We can't convict anyone of crimes because they may commit crimes?

The old 'we cannot convict OJ Simpson your honour because if we do he may kill someone else, plus he's going on holiday on 5 days so what's the point anyway?'

Doesn't make sense dude.
As someone that doesn't want to watch Joe Biden face repeated frivolous impeachment attempts over the next 8 years. I agree with Hauler @Hauler

And the OJ Simpson analogy makes no sense at all. Unless you're talking about the robbery trial.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
No. Just babysit his ass for the next 5 days like I'm sure they are doing.

What law did he break? Where's the criminal activity? He was tone deaf and should have read the crowd better - or maybe he didn't even care if they broke into the Capitol. Who knows? Had he yelled "I want everyone here to storm the Capitol and pull every politician in there out on the front lawn!" - yeah, bring up charges. But that's not what happened. Not even close.

It's political and it's pointless. They'll need 2/3 vote in the Senate after their proceedings. That means they'll need plenty of Republicans to flip. And the Senate is on recess right now anyway - not due back until 1/19. So is it sensible to have hearings to remove a president who is no longer in power? Or is it just a pointless political stunt?

To be clear - the charges from the House are only focused on his speech in front of the crowd that day. That's it - nothing else. The speech. It was poor judgement. But criminal? No. They'll just argue 1st Amendment rights and figurative vs literal meanings of words.

Remember Bill Clinton's famous "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"?
Is that really what we want the nation focused on with Biden coming into power?

Trumps gone. Take the victory and move on.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

What law did he break? Where's the criminal activity? He was tone deaf and should have read the crowd better - or maybe he didn't even care if they broke into the Capitol. Who knows? Had he yelled "I want everyone here to storm the Capitol and pull every politician in there out on the front lawn!" - yeah, bring up charges. But that's not what happened. Not even close.

It's political and it's pointless. They'll need 2/3 vote in the Senate after their proceedings. That means they'll need plenty of Republicans to flip. And the Senate is on recess right now anyway - not due back until 1/19. So is it sensible to have hearings to remove a president who is no longer in power? Or is it just a pointless political stunt?

To be clear - the charges from the House are only focused on his speech in front of the crowd that day. That's it - nothing else. The speech. It was poor judgement. But criminal? No. They'll just argue 1st Amendment rights and figurative vs literal meanings of words.

Remember Bill Clinton's famous "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is"?

You seem like you could use a good taco bowl this morning.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019

I'm afraid I fundamentally disagree with you on this.

I think you are completely wrong in every aspect of this.

We could go through it but we both know it's pointless. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You seem like you could use a good taco bowl this morning.
More like deserves a good taco bowl. The man is trying to avoid another term of impeachments based on "I don't like him." That one wingnut has already said she wants to start impeachment proceedings January 21st and frankly I have pools to manage.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
More like deserves a good taco bowl. The man is trying to avoid another term of impeachments based on "I don't like him." That one wingnut has already said she wants to start impeachment proceedings January 21st and frankly I have pools to manage.
Manage away, you can't save Joe, his VP finna kill him

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

We could go through it but we both know it's pointless. You won't change my mind and I won't change yours.

M

member 3289

I'll take over from here. I thoroughly enjoy making this midwestern dork look dumb.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Have to prove intent.
Like Tom Cruise said: "It doesn't matter what I believe. It only matters what I can prove. So don't tell me what I know, or don't know."
It seems pretty cut and dry that he and Rudy incited these retards.

• Incitement to riot is when a person encourages others to commit a breach of the peace without necessarily acting themselves. This may involve statements, signs, or conduct intended to lead others to riot.
That's very literally what Trump did.

M

member 3289

Have to prove intent.
Not to charge/impeach you don't. You merely have to present the accusation(s) and take a vote on whether or not it's/they're worthy of filing charges.

The Senate, in its trial, is the chamber that proves or disproves intent/criminality. That is how the impeachment process works, boomer.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It seems pretty cut and dry that he and Rudy incited these jetboat owners.

That's very literally what Trump did.

Do you believe he wanted people to break into the Capitol and damage property?
Like he was glad that happened?

I have no idea. And neither do you.
And that's what needs to be proved.