Society List of U.S. Presidents Impeached Twice

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 1013

He has been lying for a month about a stolen election and how democracy is under attack. Telling his followers that if they don’t do something about it “America” will cease to exist.

It’s like he yelled “Fire” in a crowded theatre and his defence is “I didn’t tell people to run out of the building.”
I thought the Republican Party was the party of personal responsibility and law and order.

that’s what they always told me anyway.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
He has been lying for a month about a stolen election and how democracy is under attack. Telling his followers that if they don’t do something about it “America” will cease to exist.

It’s like he yelled “Fire” in a crowded theatre and his defence is “I didn’t tell people to run out of the building.”
He was impeached for the speech that took place that day.
That's it. Nothing else.

digthisbigcrux

Dreams are free, motherfucker
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
To be clear - I don't find his actions criminal. I do find them tone deaf for a man in his position.

If he was 2 years in with 2 to go i'd be all about it. But it's over in 5 days anyway.

It's a risk/reward thing. There's little to gain and a lot to lose.

His shit was absolutely criminal

M

member 3289

“Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down—we’re going to walk down. Anyone you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the Capitol—

“And we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them....

“Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong....

M

member 3289

“Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong....

Screenshot_20210114-211304_BBC News.jpg

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
He was impeached for the speech that took place that day.
That's it. Nothing else.
There's a bigger picture that has been repeated on the news so many times, it should be pretty obvious. Impeachment and conviction means he can't run for office again, can't have a lifetime pension and loses eligibility for secret service protection. Polling numbers indicate many republicans would vote for him again and the GOP and Dems (but especially the GOP leadership) want him gone. The biggest concern was Trump would spin off some media enterprise like he was planning in 2016 and use it to continue his demagoguery. Now that social media and traditional media are out of the Trump business, this is still a concern. Between this potentially pending trial, numerous civil suits he'll likely be exposed to and the cases against him in New York, there are now a number of ways to keep him buried in lawsuits until he either runs out of cash or cuts a deal to go away quietly. Also, as we saw from the Mueller investigation and the last impeachment, just having trials is a way to rope a number of co-conspirators in and freeze them from being a mouthpiece for the same politics. This is more or less check and mate for the Trump organization.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
if only the Westminister Parliamentary system had impeachment

M

member 3289

I have seen some people saying that crowds arrived at the Capitol building before Trump's speech ended. They claim this proves it wasn't Trump who incited the mob.

This is inaccurate. While people left the speech early and started gathering at the Capitol building before the speech ended, they didn't do so until AFTER Trump incited them. There were no large crowds of Trump supporters outside the Capitol building at 12 pm (when the speech started). This can be backed up by photographic and cctv evidence.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have seen some people saying that crowds arrived at the Capitol building before Trump's speech ended. They claim this proves it wasn't Trump who incited the mob.

This is inaccurate. While people left the speech early and started gathering at the Capitol building before the speech ended, they didn't do so until AFTER Trump incited them. There were no large crowds of Trump supporters outside the Capitol building at 12 pm (when the speech started). This can be backed up by photographic and cctv evidence.

Some many retards involved in this whole thing.