General Little Sammy Little confessed to 93 Murders

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hong Kong Phooey

Spreading The Coronavirus one Corona at a Time
Feb 12, 2015
James Holland has heard confessions from many, many murderers. But now one is telling the Texas Ranger he's committed 93 murders himself, making him perhaps the most prolific serial killer in

American history. The race is on to identify all of the 93 people Samuel Little says he murdered, while the 79-year-old remains alive and continues to cooperate.

Holland tells Sharyn Alfonsi in his first television interview how he got Little to open up about his victims for a story to be broadcast on "60 Minutes" Sunday, October 6, at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

Information Holland has gathered from Little has led to 50 cold case murders being solved. There are more Little says he committed that if resolved would give victims' relatives answers and exonerate any innocent people who may have been wrongly convicted for the murders.

Holland says he broke through to Little by agreeing with him that he was not a rapist, but truly a killer. This tack seemed to unlock the place where he kept detailed, almost photographic memories of every woman he killed. Holland describes Little's process, "There's indications of visualization, of when he's thinking about a crime scene. He'll start stroking his face. And as he's starting to picture a victim, you'll see him look out and up."

"And you can tell he has this revolving carousel of victims, and it's just spinning, and he's waiting for it to stop at the one that he wants to talk about," Holland says.

"60 Minutes" reports on Samuel Little, serial killer who confessed to murdering 93 people - CBS News

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
I don't buy it. What a poor old convict will do for a couple of slices of pizza, and a can of coke!

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I don't buy it. What a poor old convict will do for a couple of slices of pizza, and a can of coke!
His story is one of the worst examples of a system that continually let a psychopath go free. He beat 2 murder charges in the 80s, then got caught beating and strangling women a few months later. Only did 3 months in jail. He was released and immediately started killing again.

He was busted in Kentucky for a drug charge (I think) and the DNA taken from that arrest was used to link him to 60+ murders across the country. It was always suspected that there were more.

Now he's coming clean as he tries to clear what little conscience he has. The drawings are freaky as fuck. He has a photographic memory and is incredibly smart. It always puzzled me why Little wasn't included in discussions of notorious American serial killers like Bundy, Gacy and Dahmer. Dude is a monster.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
His story is one of the worst examples of a system that continually let a psychopath go free. He beat 2 murder charges in the 80s, then got caught beating and strangling women a few months later. Only did 3 months in jail. He was released and immediately started killing again.

He was busted in Kentucky for a drug charge (I think) and the DNA taken from that arrest was used to link him to 60+ murders across the country. It was always suspected that there were more.

Now he's coming clean as he tries to clear what little conscience he has. The drawings are freaky as fuck. He has a photographic memory and is incredibly smart. It always puzzled me why Little wasn't included in discussions of notorious American serial killers like Bundy, Gacy and Dahmer. Dude is a monster.
I dont think its uncommon for Serial killers to have photographic memories of their kills. You are spot on about the system being fucked.

I wonder if he isnt as famous as Bundy or Dahmer because he is black.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The fact that he's black runs against the typical serial killer for sure. But I don't know if that's why he was never publicized as much.

Gacy had kids buried under his house in a suburb.
Dahmer ate his victims.
Bundy was a charismatic guy who kept escaping.

Maybe Little's story wasn't interesting enough. The Zodiac is another one that everyone knows of - and he only killed 5 people.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
A black serial killer... don't let Liam Neeson hear about this...

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I dont think its uncommon for Serial killers to have photographic memories of their kills. You are spot on about the system being fucked.

More likely because many of his victims were.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
wonder if he isnt as famous as Bundy or Dahmer because he is black.
I don't know all the details to his case, but assuming he stuck to his own race like most serial killers do there might be something to that.

Same thing happened to the Atlanta Child Murderer in the late 70s/early 80s. Not a lot of press coverage or attention because all the missing kids were black.

Sad but true.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I don't know all the details to his case, but assuming he stuck to his own race like most serial killers do there might be something to that.

Same thing happened to the Atlanta Child Murderer in the late 70s/early 80s. Not a lot of press coverage or attention because all the missing kids were black.

Sad but true.
Correct. And in Atlanta, even the mayor and many in law enforcement basically used respectability politics to imply that parents weren't minding their children well enough to deny there even was a serial killer until Wayne Williams was eventually found.

This is literally what we mean when we say Black lives matter. Because historically, in most circumstances, they haven't.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Correct. And in Atlanta, even the mayor and many in law enforcement basically used respectability politics to imply that parents weren't minding their children well enough to deny there even was a serial killer until Wayne Williams was eventually found.

This is literally what we mean when we say Black lives matter. Because historically, in most circumstances, they haven't.
What was the catch phrase from the news? "It's 10 o'clock. Do you know where your children are?"

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

I don't think he killed all those kids btw.
I think the FBI took the opportunity to close all those cold cases in one shot and get the fuck out of town.

If you have an interest, check out the podcast Atlanta Monster. Goes into the details pretty thoroughly. There are better true crime podcasts for sure, but it's worth a listen.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I wonder if a lot of cold cases are due to serial killers.
A lot of them are cleared when a serial killer is found to have been in the area. Easy way to clear the books.

yuki2054

graded martial artist
Nov 8, 2016
A lot of them are cleared when a serial killer is found to have been in the area. Easy way to clear the books.
Also I don't believe he did all of those paintings himself. They look to me like they were done by a professional??

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Not sure I buy that argument.
police look for patterns in crime.
this is a crime defined by a pattern...are there serial killers who were caught and didn't have a pattern to their murders?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
police look for patterns in crime.
this is a crime defined by a pattern...are there serial killers who were caught and didn't have a pattern to their murders?
That doesn't mean they wanted to be caught.
It means they had a modus operandi. Which you are correct, most serial killers have.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
That doesn't mean they wanted to be caught.
It means they had a modus operandi. Which you are correct, most serial killers have.
i guess i'm doing a circular 'real Scotsman' exercise. :)

agree that you're right - unilaterally, they don't desire to be caught. But they have accepted the highest risk of being caught because they have an MO.

If the killer doesn't accept that risk, and randomizes their killings, would the police be able to lock them up for multiple murders?

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I wonder if a lot of cold cases are due to serial killers.
I read and listen to a podcast about a lot of FBI profiling and serial murder cases. There are a lot of “experts” who feel the FBI greatly underestimates the number of serial killers who are active. It seems the biggest problem is the lack of shared information between different police departments and especially inter state police departments. Patterns aren’t noticed because police departments aren’t equipped to access each other’s case information.
It’s scary to find out how a lot of these serial killers were only identified and caught by a coincidental overlap in cases.

I’m just finishing an audiobook called American Predator. It’s about a lunatic called Israel Keyes. An Alaskan serial killer. He had “murder caches” hidden all over the country. He killed at random, left no DNA and would drive for days immediately after he killed. The FBI has no idea about him and he would never have been caught if he didn’t confess.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If the killer doesn't accept that risk, and randomizes their killings, would the police be able to lock them up for multiple murders?
Not as easily, no.