General LMAO@Djokovic

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
if they were actually serious about cracking down on drunk drivers they would be outside the bars and nightclubs at closing time stopping overserved people from driving home
I don't know about where you live, but here - how many cops do you think there are on a Saturday night?

??

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Kyrgios vs Medvedev on right now.

Do the aussies here actually like Kyrgios?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I don't know about where you live, but here - how many cops do you think there are on a Saturday night?

??
there's enough to set up a "DUI Checkpoint" right down the road from the bars.

you could literally have 2 cops giving out breathalyzers at closing time

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Kelly Slater (surfer) is next to get fucked over for not bowing to forced vaccination.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
there's enough to set up a "DUI Checkpoint" right down the road from the bars.

you could literally have 2 cops giving out breathalyzers at closing time
2 cops giving out breathalysers at closing time? Where? In the car park? Yeah, that's not how this works. How much thought have you given this?

??

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
It just dawned on me that this is like a reversed doping situation. Substances, science, regulations, exemptions. All there.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
how many cops does it take to set up a DUI checkpoint?
Set up, or man?

But go on, please walk us through your preferred system. Two cops giving out breathalysers at closing time? Where are they standing? Are they stopping people in cars, or just people in bars? What happens when they catch one - what do they do with him? If someone runs, do they both chase? One chases and the other stays? Or do they let him go?

How does this work, in the real world?

??

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Set up, or man?

But go on, please walk us through your preferred system. Two cops giving out breathalysers at closing time? Where are they standing? Are they stopping people in cars, or just people in bars? What happens when they catch one - what do they do with him? If someone runs, do they both chase? One chases and the other stays? Or do they let him go?

How does this work, in the real world?

??
establish and operate a DUI checkpoint. I think you're being intentionally obtuse in 'not understanding' what was meant.

what are they going to "catch" someone doing? If they blow a DUI or stagger past the cop, I assume they call in your plates and you get pulled over in about 2 minutes...and If someone is intoxicated and they run down the street, I think that keeps them from driving.

the point is that if you tell people they're too drunk to drive before they get in their car, they probably aren't going to drive.

M

member 3289

My thoughts on Djokovic:

1. The first time he had his visa revoked and was held in detention was complete bullshit. He secured all the necessary documentation he needed in order to be admitted into the country. A judge ordered his release on procedural grounds, but it's fine. Justice prevailed.

2. The second time is all on Novak. Did the Morrison administration revoke his visa because it's an election year and the majority of the Australian public is upset about an unvaccinated celebrity being allowed intothe country when they have faced some of the toughest covid restrictions in the western world? I would imagine that's the main reason they revoked his visa, yes.

You can argue whether or not they were right in saying he was a threat to public health. That point is moot imo.

It's moot because Novak should have known his visa revocation and subsequent deportation were possibilities before he got on the plane to Australia. He should have known months ago when he had the chance to get vaccinated and avoid this mess.

If he didn't know about it, he's an idiot with a shit manager.

If he knew about it, he's an idiot for not realizing the media shitstorm his admission into the country would create.

In the end, the courts applied Australian law fairly, on both occasions. Get upset about the law if you want. That's understandable.

But the law is the law and nothing unjust happened. The only person Novak Djokovic has to blame for all of this is himself.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
My thoughts on Djokovic:

1. The first time he had his visa revoked and was held in detention was complete bullshit. He secured all the necessary documentation he needed in order to be admitted into the country. A judge ordered his release on procedural grounds, but it's fine. Justice prevailed.

2. The second time is all on Novak. Did the Morrison administration revoke his visa because it's an election year and the majority of the Australian public is upset about an unvaccinated celebrity being allowed intothe country when they have faced some of the toughest covid restrictions in the western world? I would imagine that's the main reason they revoked his visa, yes.

You can argue whether or not they were right in saying he was a threat to public health. That point is moot imo.

It's moot because Novak should have known his visa revocation and subsequent deportation were possibilities before he got on the plane to Australia. He should have known months ago when he had the chance to get vaccinated and avoid this mess.

If he knew about it, he's an idiot for not realizing the media shitstorm his admission into the country would create.

In the end, the courts applied Australian law fairly, on both occasions. Get upset about the law if you want. That's understandable.

But the law is the law and nothing unjust happened. The only person Novak Djokovic has to blame for all of this is himself.
This whole thing has pretty much convinced me that a lot of people would have cried basically no matter what happened.

Kick him out? Boo hoo, activist PM, cheap election year public pandering, singled out, etc etc.

Let him play? Boo hoo, corruption, greedy elites just see the money he brings to their international glamour event, they'd never make up these bullshit exemptions for the little guy, etc etc.

Don't let him appeal and don't change any rulings? Boo hoo, it was a kangaroo court, he never had a chance, it was a fix from the start, etc etc.

Change rulings on appeal /as new evidence comes to light? Boo hoo, useless incompetent cunts, look at them, none of them even have a clue what they're doing, etc etc.

But, maybe I'm wrong about that.

Myself, I didn't bother to really look into it or read the relevant documents /legislation. I just found the whole stink to be quite amusing.

??

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
My thoughts on Djokovic:

Anyone read all this bullshit?

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
establish and operate a DUI checkpoint. I think you're being intentionally obtuse in 'not understanding' what was meant.

what are they going to "catch" someone doing? If they blow a DUI or stagger past the cop, I assume they call in your plates and you get pulled over in about 2 minutes...and If someone is intoxicated and they run down the street, I think that keeps them from driving.
I think you haven't thought this through. ?

the point is that if you tell people they're too drunk to drive before they get in their car, they probably aren't going to drive.
They are probably going to stand there and argue. Oftentimes with a bunch of their friends getting involved as well.

The point of drink driving points is that they test a lot of people very quickly, they are nondiscriminatory, they catch drunk drivers, and there is no arguing about intent.

??