Cinema Local theatres opened up...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
And they are showing some great classics. Every second row is closed off and seats are in pairs with four empty seats between them. Ticket prices are $5 and $3 on Tuesdays.

We took our kids (9&11) to see E.T. on Friday night and it was one of the best movie experiences I've had in a long time. So many things I forgot about like ET getting wasted and doing the "be gooooood" to Gertie. Both my kids cried their eyes out so I got my money's worth. Wife and I caught Saving Private Ryan on Saturday evening which was great. Glad I could see it in the theatres.

Here's a list of other titles currently playing in my area.

Gremlins
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Ghostbusters
Raiders of the lost arc
Dirtyy Dancing
Goonies
The Dark Knight trilogy
The Matrix
Back to the future
Friday the 13th
LOTR
Forrest Gump

Anyone else have some good older flix playing in their area? I'm really hoping for some JCVD movies to come back.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
SHUT IT ALL DOWN!!

Actually that is great to hear, glad somebody gets to have "non essential" stuff open to enjoy.

Great list of movies to watch...not sure which ones are 9, 11yr old friendly tho(depends on the kids). Matrix would blow a young kids mind lol.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
im probably not going to a theater for maybe 2 years that shit was unsanitary pre-covid now it will just be a petri dish for covid 20.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
And they are showing some great classics. Every second row is closed off and seats are in pairs with four empty seats between them. Ticket prices are $5 and $3 on Tuesdays.

We took our kids (9&11) to see E.T. on Friday night and it was one of the best movie experiences I've had in a long time. So many things I forgot about like ET getting wasted and doing the "be gooooood" to Gertie. Both my kids cried their eyes out so I got my money's worth. Wife and I caught Saving Private Ryan on Saturday evening which was great. Glad I could see it in the theatres.

Gremlins
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Ghostbusters
Raiders of the lost arc
Dirtyy Dancing
Goonies
The Dark Knight trilogy
The Matrix
Back to the future
Friday the 13th
LOTR
Forrest Gump

Anyone else have some good older flix playing in their area? I'm really hoping for some JCVD movies to come back.

E.T. still holds up and my kids love it.

tenor (5).gif

images (8).jpeg

video_image-LerksPHN9.jpg

images (7).jpeg

download.jpeg

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Gremlins
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Ghostbusters
Raiders of the lost arc
Dirtyy Dancing
Goonies
The Dark Knight trilogy
The Matrix
Back to the future
Friday the 13th
LOTR
Forrest Gump

Jurassic park would be a great theater experience. Missed my chance when it first came out.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
are we supposed to be in a theater for 1.5-3 hrs with a mask on thats sounds uncomfortable. a big part of going to the theater for me was the comfort aspect of it with the recliner chair and AC. I rather be at home sans mask renting the movie on demand.

Last edited:

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I want to see caddyshack, kingpin, be cool and any other comedies.....stir crazy, see no evil hear no evil and Johnny dangerously in a theatre with “social distancing”

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Jurassic park would be a great theater experience. Missed my chance when it first came out.
That’s a bummer dude. It was a game changer back then. I think we have a theater around here that shows classics but I’ve never been a fan of going to the movies. I have a tendency to fall asleep and paying 10 bucks for a 2 hour nap just isn’t worth it.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
took my kid to see jurassic park in theaters when it was rereleased for its 25th anniversary .he was about 5. i was like i know a cool dinosaur movie we can go see .it started out alright by the time it got to the velociraptors in the kitchen he was fuckin terrified lol good times

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
took my kid to see jurassic park in theaters when it was rereleased for its 25th anniversary .he was about 5. i was like i know a cool dinosaur movie we can go see .it started out alright by the time it got to the velociraptors in the kitchen he was fuckin terrified lol good times
My wife would shit a brick if I took the little guy to see jurassic park!

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
haha, some scary scenes for a kid no doubt.

My HS football coach tried to be hip once and tried to get the defensive players to buy into being "velociraptors" LMAO

Most of us hadn't seen the movie and he had to act out how they moved, shit was hilarious.

We just laughed at him and he eventually moved on to other motivational techniques.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
are we supposed to be in a theater for 1.5-3 hrs with a mask on thats sounds uncomfortable. a big part of going to the theater for me was the comfort aspect of it with the recliner chair and AC. I rather be at home sans mask renting the movie on demand.
Nobody is wearing masks to the theatre here.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Pubs opened in England Saturday. I'm seeing in the news that two have already closed due to positive tests

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

Gremlins
Jaws
Jurassic Park
Ghostbusters
Raiders of the lost arc
Dirtyy Dancing
Goonies
The Dark Knight trilogy
The Matrix
Back to the future
Friday the 13th
LOTR
Forrest Gump

Dude, Mrs Beard and I watched Jaws last summer. Fuck me. That night be the best thing ever out to film. If it's back in the theaters go see it.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Dude, Mrs Beard and I watched Jaws last summer. Fuck me. That night be the best thing ever out to film. If it's back in the theaters go see it.
I'm gonna do my best to get back and watch all these older movies while it's limited seating and a third of the price. I'd love to take my kids but I'm worried they won't swim around here for the rest of the summer.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'm gonna do my best to get back and watch all these older movies while it's limited seating and a third of the price. I'd love to take my kids but I'm worried they won't swim around here for the rest of the summer.
Dude. I'm still reluctant to swin in natural bodies of water and I saw it like 25 years ago. I even give swimming pools the side eye.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Going to see The Goonies tomorrow night. I can't remember this movie at all so should be a good one. Other old movies now include...

Iron Man
The Never Ending Story
IT
Nightmare on Elm St
A League of Their Own
Pulp Fiction
Labrinth
The Empire Strikes Back

Just need to laid off now so I can sit back and spend those JT Bucks.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Going to see The Goonies tomorrow night. I can't remember this movie at all so should be a good one. Other old movies now include...

Iron Man
The Never Ending Story
IT
Nightmare on Elm St
A League of Their Own
Pulp Fiction
Labrinth
The Empire Strikes Back

Just need to laid off now so I can sit back and spend those JT Bucks.

The Never Ending Story is AWESOME