Logical Thread About Why WWE has Lost Your Interest

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I don’t mean to be that guy right now, but Id really like a match between Omega and AJ before AJ retires

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I wonder if Sami gonna win, not sure if its a who pins Braun wins, or Nakamura just wins it

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Sup guys. Been a decent card so far. Glad Sammy got the win.

I think around 2004-2005 is when I really got out of it. storylines lines and characters were just shit! It hasn't gotten any better. I check on it every now and again like a friend that your wife doesn't want you to hang out with but you got to make sure he's okay LOL.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
"CM Punk’s agent actually reached out to WWE about doing business together, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, but was shot down because Vince McMahon doesn’t ever want to work with Punk again, apparently."

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
People have been raving about the boneyard Undertaker/Styles match. Haven't watched, and I might get around to it but I miss this AJ.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
According to Dave Meltzer releasing The Revival when WWE did was likely because it was a Friday and it was going to get buried in the news. Plus, AEW has already taped so much television.

Seems fitting given how the tag team was treated lately. Great tag team too, can't wait to see where they land.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
According to Dave Meltzer releasing The Revival when WWE did was likely because it was a Friday and it was going to get buried in the news. Plus, AEW has already taped so much television.

Seems fitting given how the tag team was treated lately. Great tag team too, can't wait to see where they land.
Yeah, WWE really sabotages old tyme Pro Wrestlers.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Sami Zayn was stripped of the IC title because he didn't want to work during the pandemic. This has put fear in others to work when they'd rather not.

Dave Meltzer talked about covid testing among UFC, WWE and AEW and said as far as he knows WWE hasn't tested a single performer.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
WWE has decided to copy AEW and place some of their roster as a crowd.
They've gone one step further and issued a dress code of black pants, black shoes and a WWE-provided shirt.

Sounds like the stars are getting a true fan experience only being able to wear certain shirts.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I think the wwe is going through the same issue mma is going through or even boxing where they don't build up stars anymore you aren't emotionally invested in them.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
The end of the attitude Era.. Vince went soft when his wife got into politics..I miss ECW.. Mike Awesome vs Tanaka rivalry and Sycosis vsRey jr in near 2/3 pin falls matches were unreal.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Not reading through 11 pages so most/all has inevitably been covered, but as a casual fan who drops in and out of following the product, here's a list.

1) Don't treat me ALL the time like I'm a fucking moron. Recognise that wrestling fans grew up with wrestling, and that you CAN have a product that appeals to both parents and their kids. The kids may be the ones who properly buy in, but they don't go to the arena by themselves and their parents are the ones who decide whether or not to spend the money and make the trip to the arena with them.

2) I don't want to see guys from the Attitude Era on the top of cards. Even if they were my favourite wrestler back then. It's the third decade of the 21st Century, ffs.

3) Three hour RAW has gone halfway to killing the company by itself. It's too much. Too much for the writers, and too much for the audience. It's SO fucking tedious to spend your entire night watching one wrestling show that isn't even important and doesn't have anything important happening. Just to sell a few more dollars in ads, ffs.

4) Change the fucking production! One suplex does NOT need five quick camera changes! Let me see what the fuck is happening, so I can enjoy the athleticism and actually see the fucking moves! Christ, the camerawork pisses me off.

5) The primary duty of the commentators is to comment and enhance the match currently taking place. Not to sell me next month's PPV, shill for the Network, promote some stupid action movie starring Seamus, or tell me what to think about everything happening in the ring.

6) If you do absolutely nothing for a performer and he somehow wins the crowd's affection and gets himself over anyway......... then fucking push him up the card.

7) Enough Randy Orton in the title picture, ffs. He looks bored all the time, most of his big matches suck, he keeps repeating the same stale feuds over and over, and he generally seems like he's been phoning in his career for a decade.

8) Give the wrestlers more control over their characters and vignettes! When it's time to cut a promo and you KNOW a guy is a great talker, then give him the mic and let him talk! Don't have him memorise some brain dead, unfunny script and then hollowly recite it word for word no matter what the crowd does or doesn't respond to!

9) No more Snoop Dogg. I don't care if I never see that fucking guy again. All he's done for the last two decades is show up as a "host" or commentator at events, be obviously and embarrassingly unprepared and uninformed, make the event worse, and then cash a fat check that should have gone to the performers who actually added something to the show. (Okay this one is not the most important gripe :smile:)

10) Push the best workers and the best talkers. And give the heels the ability to actually be dirty, vile cunts.

??