LOL - Welcome RuDj...love the avatar!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Priceless!! Thanks for all of the photoshop time on the logo as well my friend. We are certainly appreciative.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks brother. Lookoutwhale was a huge help with the banner and color scheme.

Jan 21, 2015
ruDj and Lookoutawhale ???

IN

how you cats doin???

sorry for the misunderstanding

That ban hammer is awfully tempting.... its like the One RIng
:D

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Welcome back Masato :D Pleasure to speak with you earlier, and happy that we were able to work things out. I look forward to seeing some of your work here sir.

Let me know if you ever need anything.

Jan 21, 2015
I still think if we and a few others put our heads together we could come up with something amazing and quit our day jobs. I want to pitch a 'Robot Chicken' type comedy show for MMA with all kinds of different visual styles and jokes. ruDj and LookoutaWhale are totally among the top of the list for the dream team :) Think TTTH + Prebek + copious amounts of LSD lol

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Masato Toys;n7656 said:
I still think if we and a few others put our heads together we could come up with something amazing and quit our day jobs. I want to pitch a 'Robot Chicken' type comedy show for MMA with all kinds of different visual styles and jokes. ruDj and LookoutaWhale are totally among the top of the list for the dream team :) Think TTTH + Prebek + copious amounts of LSD lol
'Genius idea..robot chicken would be perfect for a mma style comedy...the amount i satire you could underline past mma situations with would be priceless...Lee Murray be a great chatacter for the Pilot..

Jan 21, 2015
Yeah the possibilities are endless. TTTH & Prebek sort of got themselves stuck in a specific framework, but a sketch comedy style would allow infinite ideas. Anything goes. I see all jokes being way less than a minute, each episode a steady barrage of unique and crazy content. Favorite bits or characters can make returns, not so funny ideas can be let go.

This is just one of 1000's of ideas (something me and some ex-Sherdoggers made) if we could ever put this together:

Jan 21, 2015
The other nice thing is that it could be scrappy animation and still be funny. Look what Monty Python did with some cutouts etc... its all in the idea and the timing. If its over-refined it almost takes the bite out of it imo. Help me brainstorm; who would be willing to pay for/invest in something like this? I could write and creatively direct such a project but my producing/business skills suck :) We need a savvy producer with contacts in the MMA Media world

Would be the greatest show eva

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
^ that is awesome Masato. You should totally make a graphic novel. Its great stuff!

or maybe put the cells into a video with sound effects and voices and things. very neat :cool:

Jan 21, 2015
lookoutawhale;n7858 said:
^ that is awesome Masato. You should totally make a graphic novel. Its great stuff.

or maybe put the cells into a video with sound effects and voices and stuff. neat stuff :cool:
Yeah but I don't have the time or brains for all that. Neither does anyone, likely. I am amazed at some of the work you have done, as with early Prebek vids etc. But every time I've teamed up with someone the results are just on a different level. Imagine a whole crew of badass creative MMA geeks who can work together, different people bringing different skills to the table etc

Here is a project I recently did with 2 other creative MMA fans (EOW & Joe Mama) that I could never have done alone:

[video=youtube;zH9-yu2vSn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH9-yu2vSn4[/video]

Too much talent on these forums, I think there is a whole potential genre here untapped, and would be tons of fun, even if we only get to make a few episodes. Would no one in the MMA media universe be interested in such a product? Someone sponsored TTTH, (and respect to him, he has a very funny show) I think we can take it much farther.

Just for consideration... Until then we will enjoy for the purity of free creativity :)

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Masato Toys;n7872 said:
Yeah but I don't have the time or brains for all that. Neither does anyone, likely. I am amazed at some of the work you have done, as with early Prebek vids etc. But every time I've teamed up with someone the results are just on a different level. Imagine a whole crew of badass creative MMA geeks who can work together, different people bringing different skills to the table etc

Here is a project I recently did with 2 other creative MMA fans (EOW & Joe Mama) that I could never have done alone:

[video=youtube;zH9-yu2vSn4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH9-yu2vSn4[/video]

Too much talent on these forums, I think there is a whole potential genre here untapped, and would be tons of fun, even if we only get to make a few episodes. Would no one in the MMA media universe be interested in such a product? Someone sponsored TTTH, (and respect to him, he has a very funny show) I think we can take it much farther.

Just for consideration... Until then we will enjoy for the purity of free creativity :)
thanks.

yeah i saw your mma bedtime stories on the UG back when it was posted. Its really great. great attention to detail.

I do agree theres a lot of really interesting people on the mma forums, this one included. Like on the UG/OG there were screenwriters working in hollywood, stunt people in films, so many photoshoppers, photographers, video people. quite an ecletic group of people posting together with their love of mma.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
:grouphug: one day... the photoshoppers of mma will unite to create a video that will make the world explode!

I might make a Jon Jones snorting cocaine video next.. but I'm still on the fence.

Jan 21, 2015
Did you see the shoop thread @ Sherdog?

Can't imagine there are any Jones/Coke jokes left, lol that thread is HUGE!!!!!

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
I havent. Sherdog was the first place i posted years back but then i got banned in under a few weeks. I made a photoshop of wanderlei banging chuck and i got banned. hehe. Then i signed up again a few weeks later thinking it was an odd event. I got into debate with a moderator over pound 4 pound rankings or something who then ended up banning me again. Moderating is crazy over there. A little too sensitive. Then i signed up to the UG a few weeks later and never really went back to the site.

The Jones coke thing in my mind will be a mashup of all his crazy antics in some weird photoshop compilation. Kind of like my Anderson Silva /Weidman punchout video that was only up a for a few hours. luckily yesterday i found out someone reu-pped it.

[video=dailymotion;x123cxo]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x123cxo_ufc-162-silva-vs-weidman-mike-tyson-s-punch-out_fun[/video]

You should totally learn After Effects masato. With your awesome photoshop/illustrator skills you could make some deadly stuff. You could make your own little skits and pop them up on youtube.

Its pretty cool what Tommy is doing since he does all the voicework/animation/photoshop himself. Prebek only did the voices for his. His animation was done by FightArtsFandom who is really talented and was the unsung hero of that series.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmt...iO4U_w1mkLCd0A

[video=youtube;OGbztDNgt-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGbztDNgt-E[/video]

[video=youtube;0lrg1E4hwMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lrg1E4hwMc[/video]

Jan 21, 2015
Great stuff LookoutaWhale - I also got banned from Sherdog under ridiculous circumstances

Do you make your vids in After Effects? I am really comfortable with Photoshop, a friend tells me they are not so different. Plus I have an education in classical animation so it would be great to start making things move again.

Right now I'm torn because I really love this kind of creative artwork but life is currently not offering me the time to make shit. If I learn After Effects all I would want to do is make videos, lol... but that don't pay the bills or help the fam.

I'm trying to find a way to shift my work into a more creative space. If I could do Masato Toys stuff full time I would be a very happy man lol
I'll keep fightin - will definitely take a better look at after-effects though, I've put that off for too long.

Wish me luck!

The offer is always open to collaborate one day if you like