Lifestyle Longest FRAT post ever...but it has a point.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
I also want to specify that I asked Splinty @Splinty before going off on this. He said I could, so I will.

I'd first like to apologize to anyone who I have offended, but if I did that, I'd be a liar. I am who I am, and that's just the way it is. For anyone who thinks what I say is just a schtick, you're simply wrong.

I've shared the story before here, about when I was 10 years old and got my ass kicked by a guy after we were throwing snowballs at cars, and I just happened to be the one that got caught, and subsequently beaten. When I got home, I circled the block a few times knowing my father was going to ask how I had a black eye, bloody nose, and a fat split lip, but I eventually had to go in. He asked me what happened, I told him what happened, he looked at me, sipped his coffee, and said 'If you're old enough to act like a punk, you're old enough to get treated like a punk." Sipped his coffee again, went upstairs, and didn't talk to me for a few days.

That's just how I was raised: By a no nonsense, no bullshit, harley riding, former construction worker who was a pilot when he died when I was 12. The 'a handshake is worth more than a contract' 'you fuck up, you own it' type.

Anyways back in the day I worked with this older black man named 'George'. George was the calmest person I have ever known. I wish I could articulate how soft spoken he was, but that didn't matter, when he spoke to you, you listened, because he demanded respect, not only at that moment, but just from how he carried himself. Perhaps that came from his days serving in Korea. One day while we were working, I was pissed off at a lot of things that were going wrong. He grabbed me by the arm, and said 'Mike, this isn't that important'. He made a sweeping gesture at the restaurant, and said 'this doesn't matter'. Back when we got dropped in the north, you know what we said? "We do our job, and go home". It kind of became a running thing while we worked together. Do our job, and go home. Nothing more, nothing less.

One day, one fellow server, when I was about ready to kill someone with a pepper mill, said "Shit, Mike is in the dojo" (this was when I was training everyday), and it stuck. This section of the restaurant was now 'The Dojo', and it got to the point that I never had to look at the floor plan because that was just where I was. And if George was working, he was there too, probably to keep me from stabbing people with broken beer bottles. Even though the sections were divided, George and I didn't give a fuck. We had each other's back, we knew it, and management be damned if they wanted to ask why one of us were taking the other's assigned tables. The floor plan had 4 sections. Both with 2 servers. You put George and I together, that's 25% of the restaurant you don't have to worry about. We're doing our job and going home. George also introduced me to Booker's Whiskey, but that was when I used to drink brown liquor.

Anyways, I'm getting off topic a bit. At this same point in time, I was also working with a girl named Danielle. Little fiery irish lass (We know how much I love the Irish), she was 5 foot nothing and maybe 110 pounds soaking wet, and yet she could drink me under the table and could be the nicest person in the world, or the meanest drunk chick you could ever imagine. She was an awesome drinking buddy, almost nightly. We'd hit up Pizanos, get comped like mad, and just have a lot of fun. I worked with her for about three years, and the only reason we got along so well was because we shared a mutual hatred for everyone else.

Until December 27th, 2004.

We were working in The Dojo, prepping a birthday party. Polishing silverware, getting our wine, typical server shit. Then I ask 'Hey Dani (I was the only one who could call her Dani. To everyone else it was Danielle or she would get as she used to say 'murder murder stab stab', always in a cartoonish voice, so it was more cute than life threatening.) why aren't there any washing machines in Indonesia?'

-break- She totally doesn't get that this is a joke about the tsunami that killed like 300,000 people 2 days earlier. Or a day and a half, I don't get time zones. -/break-

Because everyone is washing up on the beach.

(Now before you chastise me for this, recognize that within 24 hours, I wasn't the one that made pages of tsunami jokes. I was staggered when I searched 'tsunami jokes' and there were more then you could have ever imagined.)

Now Dani is looking at me totally horrified, wide eyed and slack jawed, and if eyes could shoot knives, I would have been cut into a thousand pieces and served as tartar. After I stop laughing I realize that she wasn't amused. I had to smooth this over and fast.

So, of course, another joke will make it better. "Hey dani, what did Santa give the Indonesian kids for Christmas?" (By now she knows, this isn't going to end well) "Nothing. He just threw them a wave as he flew by."

She never talked to me again. Ever.

*Again, I had permission to post this, I've got screenshot to prove it."
XOXO. I love you all, except the countless people I have on ignore.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Can't wait for the point.
I'll be refreshing until around 1am pacific.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
george the mr.miyagi character was the only interesting part of this story I was hoping a brawl would happen in the restaurant and he would use a broomstick on people.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I definitely clicked on this thread but only read the first fucking word......I haven’t got the time for this.....

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
SON OF A BITCH, I WANT MY THREE AND A HALF MINUTES BACK.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Thats a great fucking story man. You just cant learn a lesson like that from books.

Was it at that point you realized you had the sense of humor of a asshole and maybe on the offensive side or did you realize that you liked telling jokes that may be offensive just to see the reaction of people? Either way good on you for being you bro.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Thats a great fucking story man. You just cant learn a lesson like that from books.

Was it at that point you realized you had the sense of humor of a asshole and maybe on the offensive side or did you realize that you liked telling jokes that may be offensive just to see the reaction of people? Either way good on you for being you bro.
*AN asshole

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I've shared the story before here, about when I was 10 years old and got my ass kicked by a guy after we were throwing snowballs at cars, and I just happened to be the one that got caught, and subsequently beaten.
That's hilarious. I got punched in the face by some 40 year old dude when I was 12/13 because one of my friends nailed his window with a snowball and he thought I threw it. Luckily he got my cheek instead of my nose or chin.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
That's hilarious. I got punched in the face by some 40 year old dude when I was 12/13 because one of my friends nailed his window with a snowball and he thought I threw it. Luckily he got my cheek instead of my nose or chin.
I didn't just get punched a few times, I got kicked 12-15 times after I hit the ground. I caught a straight up ass whipping.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
It was a 20 mph zone on a side street. We werent chucking ice into a highway. I caught a beat down and learned a lesson.
Any time you mess with a moving vehicle it can be very dangerous, but it's good that you learned your lesson. You should find your assaulters and send them a Christmas card every year!

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Do you think she stopped talking to you because of offense or because the jokes were sponsored by Corn Nuts?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Any time you mess with a moving vehicle it can be very dangerous, but it's good that you learned your lesson. You should find your assaulters and send them a Christmas card every year!
Shit man, back when I was a kid in the late 70's & 80's, throwing snowballs at cars was a routine thing every winter. All of the kids got into it. It's just what we all did. Not sure if it's still a thing nowadays? Millennial kids don't even go outside it seems.