Lifestyle Look at this cool pitcher plant my wife found at the farmers market

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Going to repot them? They're probably close to outgrowing their current accommodations

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
is that the type that insects fall into and it devours them? or is it the type that bats sleep in?
They are great for slugs as well as insects, there is even one that has a symbiotic relationship with a particular species of shrew, the nectar bribe is above the pitcher and the shrew shits while it eats, plant digests the shit, shrew gets the nectar.

I can't post the link for some reason.

Last edited:

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
They are great for slugs as well as insects, there is even one that has a symbiotic relationship with a particular species of shrew, the nectar bribe is above the pitcher and the shrew shits while it eats, plant digests the shrew gets the nectar.

I can't post the link for some reason.
ahh interesting. same concept with the bat guano. I feel like I may have seen a nat get wild or bbc earth goutube video about the screws too. or maybe your comment just has me visualizing it lol

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
my roommate grew a bunch of carnivorous plants. They're not easy to keep alive, but the pitcher plants are easier than the flytraps.