General Look how perfectly I poached this egg

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Got damn. Where is the restaurant I wanna go check it out.
  • 4 RUE BLAINVILLE 75005 PARIS
We really enjoyed and you can get a great meal and wine for $100 if wanted. We just went all out there.
Also ate on the 56th floor of the montparnasse tower at
Ciel de Paris. Best view in all of Paris.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Honestly no idea. Drank wine the entire trip except at Harry's New York bar and Bar Hemingway (the latter was an experience)
I'll check them out, gonna go Paris in 2 weeks I think. All the food I've had there was very good, but I wanna notch it up a level

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Yes please. Not next weekend but the one after I'll head to.paris
L'avant Comptoir - small lunch type spot. I went twice. foie gras macaroon or blood sausage macaroon is a good place to start. I had another plate but forget the name. cool typical French spot. Anything worse than this place is not worth visiting.

boucherie-rouliere - very good dinner. top 3-4 place I went to. and meal for wife and I, before wine, was around $50. get there early or make a reservation though (that advice actually applies to a lot of places)

O'Neil beer bar and bistro - forgot about this place. they brew their own beer. wife had their stout and I tried it, pretty good. if the bar manager is working, forget his name, but he is a great guy to talk with and excellent English

La fontaine de mars - excellent dinner, reservation is helpful. we got there when they opened and they had one table available that we took. loved this spot too.

dalloyau - another place I really enjoyed eating at

La truffiere - if you like truffles then this is the place to go

le Ciel de Paris - if you want a meal with a view, this is it. the absolute best spot in Paris. We had 10 pm reservations but it is great at night. In fact, visit Montparnasse tower and get the day/night pass if you don't eat here. best view in Paris. don't bother doing anything at the Eiffel tower except walking by and taking a picture. going up is a waste compared to this

Ti Jos - good spot for crepes

Rosebud and Chez Georges were bars that I wouldn't go back to. very average

Henrys New York bar - you are a fool if you don't visit. one of the most famous bars in the world, home of several famous drinks, Hemingway and others drank there

Bar Hemingway - glad I went. four drinks were $120 but I'll never be in a nicer bar again. considered the most famous bar, and the most expensive bar, in the world. the bartender is a two-time winner of world's best bartender. he made our drinks that night. but if you go head to the ritz, not bar Hemingway. have to enter from the Ritz, which is the opposite side of Bar Hemingway if you use GPS

we were fortunate with the combination fo it being January, so tourism is down, and the strikes, which also had a decline in tourism. so whether it was the tower, the catacombs, pretty much anywhere we went there was no line or large crowds. the only downside was we had tickers to an opera at Palais Garnier and the show was canceled due to the strike

we never took public transport and only used uber a handful of times. we walked a lot. was a bit colder than I expected but was not too bad. any questions and I would be happy to answer. arrived back stateside yesterday at 1 AM

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
L'avant Comptoir - small lunch type spot. I went twice. foie gras macaroon or blood sausage macaroon is a good place to start. I had another plate but forget the name. cool typical French spot. Anything worse than this place is not worth visiting.

boucherie-rouliere - very good dinner. top 3-4 place I went to. and meal for wife and I, before wine, was around $50. get there early or make a reservation though (that advice actually applies to a lot of places)

O'Neil beer bar and bistro - forgot about this place. they brew their own beer. wife had their stout and I tried it, pretty good. if the bar manager is working, forget his name, but he is a great guy to talk with and excellent English

La fontaine de mars - excellent dinner, reservation is helpful. we got there when they opened and they had one table available that we took. loved this spot too.

dalloyau - another place I really enjoyed eating at

La truffiere - if you like truffles then this is the place to go

le Ciel de Paris - if you want a meal with a view, this is it. the absolute best spot in Paris. We had 10 pm reservations but it is great at night. In fact, visit Montparnasse tower and get the day/night pass if you don't eat here. best view in Paris. don't bother doing anything at the Eiffel tower except walking by and taking a picture. going up is a waste compared to this

Ti Jos - good spot for crepes

Rosebud and Chez Georges were bars that I wouldn't go back to. very average

Henrys New York bar - you are a fool if you don't visit. one of the most famous bars in the world, home of several famous drinks, Hemingway and others drank there

Bar Hemingway - glad I went. four drinks were $120 but I'll never be in a nicer bar again. considered the most famous bar, and the most expensive bar, in the world. the bartender is a two-time winner of world's best bartender. he made our drinks that night. but if you go head to the ritz, not bar Hemingway. have to enter from the Ritz, which is the opposite side of Bar Hemingway if you use GPS

we were fortunate with the combination fo it being January, so tourism is down, and the strikes, which also had a decline in tourism. so whether it was the tower, the catacombs, pretty much anywhere we went there was no line or large crowds. the only downside was we had tickers to an opera at Palais Garnier and the show was canceled due to the strike

we never took public transport and only used uber a handful of times. we walked a lot. was a bit colder than I expected but was not too bad. any questions and I would be happy to answer. arrived back stateside yesterday at 1 AM
nice review

LeGarconDeCum

Dec 25, 2019
Can I state for the record that my fingers are of regulation size. In the pic they are bent inwards holding the plate, giving the illusion of short fingers.