General The Supreme Court has overturned Roe vs Wade.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Approve of federally-protected access to legal abortion being overturned?

• Yes, it's murder

• No, it's a woman's right to choose

• But what about Hunter Biiiiiiiiiiiiiden

Results are only viewable after voting.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Seems like an effort to keep poor people poor.

These folks know the impoverished don't have much to do in Doublewidesville but work their shift at McDonald's then go home and fuck.

Then when the inevitable pregnancies happen, many because there was no access to the pill, they'll be forced to raise an unwanted kid in worse poverty...

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Seems like an effort to keep poor people poor.

These folks know the impoverished don't have much to do in Doublewidesville but work their shift at McDonald's then go home and fuck.

Then when the inevitable pregnancies happen, many because there was no access to the pill, they'll be forced to raise an unwanted kid in worse poverty...
When did the American poor receive their greatest of wealth?

M

member 1013

You probably should. It happened before birth control existed or abortions were legal.

Only if you believe poor people are inherently stupid.
no but they are inherently disadvantaged especially in a country where education is so expensive

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
no but they are inherently disadvantaged especially in a country where education is so expensive
Again, theres 2 problems with this train of thought. 1) Right now in abortions for everyone America people have kids they shouldn't be having from a financial aspect. 2) You're assuming they won't say "Hmm, maybe fucking everything that walks isn't brilliant if I'll be forced to keep the kid "

Did you ever get anyone accidentally pregnant? I know I never did. I only know one person who had a surprise kid, and it was only a surprise to him..

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I think it's pretty easy to just hand wave that disadvantage aside if you're lucky enough. The difficulty in being trapped in poverty is tough to imagine so it has to be lived.

I'll never have to live it and came from a privileged upbringing.

M

member 1013

I think it's pretty easy to just hand wave that disadvantage aside if you're lucky enough. The difficulty in being trapped in poverty is tough to imagine so it has to be lived.

I'll never have to live it and came from a privileged upbringing.
i was hand to mouth in rough scrabble mining town for years after me dad died

M

member 1013

Again, theres 2 problems with this train of thought. 1) Right now in abortions for everyone America people have kids they shouldn't be having from a financial aspect. 2) You're assuming they won't say "Hmm, maybe fucking everything that walks isn't brilliant if I'll be forced to keep the kid "

Did you ever get anyone accidentally pregnant? I know I never did. I only know one person who had a surprise kid, and it was only a surprise to him..
i haven’t but i know many people who have

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
1) Right now in abortions for everyone America people have kids they shouldn't be having from a financial aspect. 2) You're assuming they won't say "Hmm, maybe fucking everything that walks isn't brilliant if I'll be forced to keep the kid "
Idk it seems like you are using weird logic here.

1) is clearly only getting worse by banning abortion
2) if 1) is a problem already, banning abortion isn't gonna result in 2)

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Historically, couples who don't have access to birth control are really, really good at not producing unwanted babies, because it gives them greater intellect and self discipline. That's exactly what happens.

See? Only good things come from pretending reality is different!

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Historically, couples who don't have access to birth control are really, really good at not producing unwanted babies, because it gives them greater intellect and self discipline. That's exactly what happens.

It's ridiculous, isn't it. All these contortions and gymnastics, just to avoid even suggesting that gee, maybe this right wing Christian theocracy is not the ideal judicial philosophy.

??

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

You realize it's actually pretty difficult to conceive a child and that it can only happen on a handful of days in a month, yes?