General The Supreme Court has overturned Roe vs Wade.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Approve of federally-protected access to legal abortion being overturned?

• Yes, it's murder

• No, it's a woman's right to choose

• But what about Hunter Biiiiiiiiiiiiiden

Results are only viewable after voting.
M

member 1013

did you guys know the bible has instructions on how to properly perform an abortion if the mother’s physical or spiritual/emotional well being was in jeopardy?

if you’re gonna steal our book maybe read it

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
lmao welcome to the theocracy

I've been talking about these laws going too far and galvanizing people that would not normally be galvanized. In Texas, we basically decided that because something is against the Constitution, you can just go ahead and manage it through civil penalty violating the spirit and intent of the constitution. The Constitution is not a document for any reason. It's just a barrier to getting what you want. So you just make a civil law to circumvent the illegal nature of your dictate. Absolutely terrible precedent.

Now the Democrats will be forced to make very aggressive systemic changes to overturn this. You might see the filibuster go away. You might see the court get packed.

On the top and I've already had two patients go out of state for abortions. Before this year I've never had a single patient do this.
AIn one case and has a major surgical reason that they should not be pregnant right now and it's life-threatening and she already has another child. So she's going to go out of state because she doesn't want to die in pregnancy.

I have another patient who just got bad genetic results. Same thing. Out of state because there's a heartbeat.

There will be a million of these stories and they will get worse and worse

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I've been talking about these laws going too far and galvanizing people that would not normally be galvanized. In Texas, we basically decided that because something is against the Constitution, you can just go ahead and manage it through civil penalty violating the spirit and intent of the constitution. The Constitution is not a document for any reason. It's just a barrier to getting what you want. So you just make a civil law to circumvent the illegal nature of your dictate. Absolutely terrible precedent.

Now the Democrats will be forced to make very aggressive systemic changes to overturn this. You might see the filibuster go away. You might see the court get packed.

On the top and I've already had two patients go out of state for abortions. Before this year I've never had a single patient do this.
AIn one case and has a major surgical reason that they should not be pregnant right now and it's life-threatening and she already has another child. So she's going to go out of state because she doesn't want to die in pregnancy.

I have another patient who just got bad genetic results. Same thing. Out of state because there's a heartbeat.

Yeah but on the other hand, the wall is built, the swamp is drained and Hillary is locked up.

??

M

member 1013

lol all the GOP pissy babies will be so mad if the Democrats retaliate to their escalations.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
lol all the GOP pissy babies will be so mad if the Democrats retaliate to their escalations.

I don't love this scorched Earth but I kind of do also. Ever since the Republicans went "lol. Just kidding. We're happy to go ahead and jack around the supreme Court's right before an election" I've been shocked that the Democrats didn't just start playing really dirty with the rules.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I thought there was a provision for abortions to be permitted if the pregnancy was harmful to the mother?

M

member 3289

Next we should ban birth control, condoms, and pulling out.

The future of these potential lives is what matters most...

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Here is a sitting senator following the same logic of removing enumerated rights and roe v. Wade to remove interracial marriage protection. That is, he supports the ability to remove federal protection for interracial marriage and allow states to ban it if they want to.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I would like to search Google to find out if there have been other supreme Court draft leaks and how often and which ones were big ones. Except Google thinks it knows what I want to search for and only gives me recent news. Thanks overlords