General Looting n Protesting n Minneapolis

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
From the article, it's the mother of one of the teens who has stated that they were innocent, and attacked by a man with a knife. The police received two calls, one claiming the teens were threatened, another claiming they were the aggressors and hit someone with a skateboard.

I can see why the teens were detained, but it seems way overboard for the cops to arrive and draw guns so aggressively, I don't see the need for three guns drawn in that situation. I wonder what spooked them so badly? You'd think that they had arrived on the scene of a shooting or something. Scary for those teens.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It would be really great to see this passed in Texas. Qualified immunity is a hot steaming pile of shit.

• An end to qualified immunity, which they say shields officers from prosecution
  • A change to the statutory duties of police officers to require them to intervene if a fellow officer is engaging in excessive force
  • A narrowing of when use of force, especially lethal force, is appropriate
  • A requirement for de-escalation efforts to accompany any use-of-force
  • A limit to an officer’s ability to jail people accused of committing minor offenses punishable by fines only, such as failing to use a traffic signal
  • A requirement for an officer’s testimony to be corroborated with evidence
  • The creation of a standard disciplinary matrix, making it harder for discipline administered to officers to be overturned.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
It's almost as if there's a systemic policing problem...

Namaste

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
It's almost as if there's a systemic policing problem...

Namaste

Can someone explain to me, as someone who lives outside the US, why any of this is racist? It looks like someone emptied the contents of a litter bin onto the tree.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Can someone explain to me, as someone who lives outside the US, why any of this is racist? It looks like someone emptied the contents of a litter bin onto the tree.

Newport menthol cigarettes, a can of Steel Reserve malt liquor, police tape, a bag of Takis tortilla chips and a cup from Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen.

Common items associated with poor black areas. But it's just as much a parody of its own self at this point. They were basically mocking the neighborhood for which they police.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Newport menthol cigarettes, a can of Steel Reserve malt liquor, police tape, a bag of Takis tortilla chips and a cup from Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen.

Common items associated with poor black areas. But it's just as much a parody of its own self at this point. They were basically mocking the neighborhood for which they police.
Ah, thanks.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015

lol at the 211 and the menthols. natty ice is the worst I ever felt after a drinking session but it was so cheap a 15 pack cost me 5.99 once.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
lol at the 211 and the menthols. natty ice is the worst I ever felt after a drinking session but it was so cheap a 15 pack cost me 5.99 once.
Got them and the OG Natties for the same price a few times because same so cheap lol. I got these bad boys for $3.99 for a 24-pack a few times a while back that was the legit cheapest I've ever seen for brewskis...

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Gee... Sounds familiar.

It's definitely a police problem, but some people want to pretend that's not the case.
Under-trained and over-aggressive. That's a definite US police template.
That's why there are no good cops left to speak up.

And by left, I mean the good ones are destroyed, like this:

Namaste

Namaste

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019

Looks like Chicago's mayor isn't too keen on the protests if they stray too close to her home.

I believe that protesters in Seattle going to Mayor Jenny Durkan's home address was what prompted her to order a clampdown on the protests there.

Not In My Back Yard, it would seem.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Looks like they got another "BLM" protestor impostor...

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Looks like they got another "BLM" protestor impostor...

Where does it say he wasn’t one of the BLM rioters?

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

Looks like Chicago's mayor isn't too keen on the protests if they stray too close to her home.

I believe that protesters in Seattle going to Mayor Jenny Durkan's home address was what prompted her to order a clampdown on the protests there.

Not In My Back Yard, it would seem.
4c7ihv.jpg