General Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Rednecks

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015

This is awesome, it just shows how AI is going to take over Hollywood and Television. Hollywood can make an AI movie for a tiny percentage of what it costs to make a real one, but so can a geek with a decent home computer. In the near future an AI movie will be undetectable from a man made one. And, people will be able to make such movies in their home studio, or probably even on a smart phone.

View: https://youtu.be/BV3gloBCPvk?si=Zl-tL08S1nXywcip

CuddleBug

Nov 18, 2023
Imagine they will have all the different AI "actors" available and you can swap them in and out of movies on demand. So you can say, I want to watch this college comedy again, but I want the bitchy sorority chick to be played by Leonardo DiCaprio. And you can tell AI, I don't want a big emotional speech at the end, I want a sword fight. Eventually it will get to the point that there will be no shared experiences or pop culture points of reference among any group of people.

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a fully rendered AI movie in the next 5 years, Pixar is probably already working on it.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a fully rendered AI movie in the next 5 years, Pixar is probably already working on it.
It will 100% happen, but I think it will be much sooner than 5 years.
Imagine they will have all the different AI "actors" available and you can swap them in and out of movies on demand. So you can say, I want to watch this college comedy again, but I want the bitchy sorority chick to be played by Leonardo DiCaprio. And you can tell AI, I don't want a big emotional speech at the end, I want a sword fight. Eventually it will get to the point that there will be no shared experiences or pop culture points of reference among any group of people.
For sure, and as actors grow old, they can sign the rights to their digital image over to the movie companies, or maybe there will be managers who represent the family of the actor, and they get paid every time the image is used. Imagine watching Rocky 196 in 2120, with a prime Stallone vs a prime Mike Tyson.

stallonetyson.jpg

kvr28

Ghost of KVR
Nov 22, 2015
It will 100% happen, but I think it will be much sooner than 5 years.

For sure, and as actors grow old, they can sign the rights to their digital image over to the movie companies, or maybe there will be managers who represent the family of the actor, and they get paid every time the image is used. Imagine watching Rocky 196 in 2120, with a prime Stallone vs a prime Mike Tyson.

View attachment 118385
I can see that being a thing