Personal Lost my dog today.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
We lost our Dane today. She fell down the stairs this morning, we had to pick her up. She had a rough afternoon up and down, and ultimately fell right outside the vet when we got there, like she knew she didn’t have to fight to walk anymore. It was a tough decision, but it was time.

She was over 10 years old, which is up there for a Dane, especially a puppy mill one. We had her for exactly ten years and eight days.

We enjoyed a lovely afternoon in the sun and grass before going to the vet. She loved sitting out in that exact spot and rolling in the grass.

My house is definitely feeling empty tonight.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That's really tough, I'm sorry.

I hope you stayed with your Dane, at their side until their final moments.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Sorry to hear. I just got news my cat doesn't have much longer and have been a wreck. Very sorry for your loss.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Thank you.

Yes, always. We all pet her and loved on her, we stayed even after to give her more love.
That's so good to hear. You were the center of their universe for over a decade, wouldve been so terrifying for her without you there!

Hope you're well!

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Sorry to hear. I just got news my cat doesn't have much longer and have been a wreck. Very sorry for your loss.
Thanks. I’m sorry about your cat, too. It’s rough. We had to suddenly put down one of our cats in May, so going through this again so soon is shitty.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
my rednose pitbull sort of went out the same way he was 13 years old which is old for a pitbull.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Sucks ass. Sorry to hear. My oldest cat is 17 and my daughter will be a train wreck when her time comes. Remind me what state you live in? Do you bury your pets in the yard there?

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Sorry for the bad news. I've been there at the vet making those decisions. You made the right one and your dog isn't suffering.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Sorry for the bad news. I've been there at the vet making those decisions. You made the right one and your dog isn't suffering.
That was exactly it. We could have put her on more medication, but chances were high it wouldn’t really work, and her quality of life would be severely diminished. And for what? To placate our emotions for a little longer? Not fair to let her suffer for our own selfish desires.

Last edited:

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Is it strange to take a pet to a taxidermist to be stuffed? I've contemplated that with my Escalade, but some people say it's weird.
I would say it is strange, but then again, Jewish people put their pets in the coffin with them when they pass, so I’d say it’s equal.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
They say that the dog is man's best friend. Not only is it true, but it needs to be acknowledged that we got so much more out of the deal it's incredible. I'm absolutely gutted for you but I'll make sure to give our girl some extra love tonight on behalf of your pup.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I've never asked the vet how they dispose of them. I really didn't want to know. I paid the fee said my goodbyes when they take their last breath and go home sad.
I think they cremate them and dispose in a respectful manner if you do not take them.
We always take them.

What if the pet is still alive? :)
Lol.
My grandma had something like 15-20 animals with her when she passed.

Damn crazy Jews.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
That was exactly it. We could have put her on more medication, but chances were high it wouldn’t really work, and her quality of life would be severely diminished. And for what? To placate our emotions for a little longer? Not fair to let her suffer for outlet selfish desires.
You 100% did the right thing.